multiple entry needed or not ?

I have been on a yearly extension of my Visa for about the last 10 years--("Retirement") & have always taken the Multiple entry option with this--my thinking being that as I have an aged parent in the UK, I may get that late night phone call on a Buddha holiday/weekend etc, But are the immigration people at the Airport always available?. I remember quite some years back that they had an office (don muang) but that office sometimes closed on holidays. I would not travel urgently outside of Thailand for any other reason, then this--I want to protect my Visa extension, but do I need to take the 3,900 baht M/Entry option or would I always be covered regardless of the time / date by an immigration officer being available to issue an on the spot re-entry stamp.?

Thanks.....

You don't have to get a multiple re-entry permit when you do your extension. You could get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) that would be valid for the length of your extension or until you use it.

There are re-entry permit desks at both airports in Bangkok that are open 24 hours a day.

You don't have to get a multiple re-entry permit when you do your extension. You could get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) that would be valid for the length of your extension or until you use it.

There are re-entry permit desks at both airports in Bangkok that are open 24 hours a day.

Thank you for that ubonjoe....(& all) I will be going through Suvarnabhumi in the next few weeks, can you or anyone tell me of the exact location of that desk---I would like to familiarize with the location in case I have to do a dash.

Thanks again for clarifying that

It is after security checkpoints (which are "upstairs"), one then goes back down a new set of escalators to begin queuing for the immigration checkpoint. The desk is on the far right as one is coming down the escalators into the "immigration hall".

Edited by OxfordWill