Japanese man found hanged to death in Ekkamai restaurant in Bangkok

webfact

Japanese man found hanged to death in Ekkamai restaurant
By Coconuts Bangkok

sasasou_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A 37-year-old Japanese man was found dead inside an Ekkamai area restaurant Sunday, victim of apparent suicide.

A note was found on the body of Taro Okada, 37, who was found hanging by a cable on the premeses of Sasaou restaurant on Soi Ekkamai 4, blaming his anguish on a Thai woman who had taken his money. Police said there was no sign of struggle.

Okada's father told police the younger man had been arguing with a woman [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/03/japanese-mans-body-found-ekkamai-restaurant

coconuts_logo.jpg
-- Coconuts Manila 2014-11-03

• Like 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was the note written in Thai, or Japanese? Certainly looks like a Japanese restaurant from the picture, and even if he had been duped, appears he'd still have a decent income. However, the OP does state 'apparent suicide'...although it's always a suicide involving foreigners.... foreigners are the hub of suicides, accord to the book of St. Thailand, verse BIB, Chpt 2: 1.1

He was arguing with a woman who owns a restaurant in Thong Lo, according to the father.

Maybe he'd invested in it and been duped out of his stake.....or at least felt he was.

• Like 1

"A Thai woman, who had taken his money""

A clearcut case of defamation!! We all know that can't be true!!rolleyes.gif

Can they instigate a civil case against his estate for damages? Probably no point if he had no money left. A posthumous criminal case would be even more pointless as the smell would be awful if they locked up his corpse. In general, only the tax authorities hound the dead.

Was the note written in Thai, or Japanese? Certainly looks like a Japanese restaurant from the picture, and even if he had been duped, appears he'd still have a decent income. However, the OP does state 'apparent suicide'...although it's always a suicide involving foreigners.... foreigners are the hub of suicides, accord to the book of St. Thailand, verse BIB, Chpt 2: 1.1

So what you are saying is that the Japs need to send a handwriting expert along with some if their own police to confirm this was an actual suicide and not a murder coverup by the woman and the EXPERT handwriting analizer (not a typo) who verified the Jap wrote that letter as well as the Thai BIB?

Can you imagine the Thai po

So what you are saying is that the Japs need to send a handwriting expert along with some if their own police to confirm this was an actual suicide and not a murder coverup by the woman and the EXPERT handwriting analizer (not a typo) who verified the Jap wrote that letter as well as the Thai BIB?

Can you imagine the Thai po

Would I ever suggest such a thing? cheesy.gifwai.gif

If I was Japanese, I would be very,very,very afraid to visit Thailand!!w00t.gif

Suicide rate in Japan is the 5th highest in the world; suicide rate in Thailand is the 66th highest out of 110 countries per this wiki article.

Seems Japanese are apparently more prone to suicide regardless of living in Japan or any country.

If the "just being in a certain country" automatically raises your suicide chances, then if I was Thai I would be afraid to visit Japan.

• Like 2

In Japan, suicide is often used as a revenge. The person who commits suicide names the person that drove them to suicide, and the named people are punished (often legally).

I have full sympathy for all who suffer loss from a suicide, and of course people should be aware of how their actions may seriously depress others, but there's a tradition in Japan of attempting revenge with, "I'll make you sorry for what you did. I'll make you suffer."

I don't think this concept is unknown elsewhere. It's hard for me to read another story of a Japanese person committing suicide and naming who they are angry at without thinking it's just an unfair attempt at revenge.

• Like 1

Where are the good old traditions? I mean, the Japanese used to disembowel themselves. Requires proper training and a capable second, both hard to come by these days. But before doing so, I would recommend that the Thai lady and her followership are properly dealt with. As it is, the man has done exactly what the lady desired, giving her the least amount of trouble. That can't be right?

• Like 2

In Japan, suicide is often used as a revenge. The person who commits suicide names the person that drove them to suicide, and the named people are punished (often legally)----timmyp

Who do they call as a witness ..........................coffee1.gif

• Like 1