Israel invites Thai workers to return in wake of Gaza violence

webfact

Israel invites Thai workers to return in wake of Gaza violence

BANGKOK, 4 November 2014 (NNT) – The Ministry of Labor has revealed that Israel is seeking cooperation from the Thai government in sending workers back to the country after violence along the Israel-Gaza border has eased off.

Labor Minister Gen Surasak Kanchanarat stated that he has recently met with Israeli Ambassador to Thailand Simon Roded to discuss the two countries’ labor cooperation. He said after the exchanges of artillery fire between the Israeli government and Hamas in the Gaza Strip in July and August this year, the ambassador has confirmed that the situation has returned to normal.

Since Thai workers were evacuated from Israel during the time of turmoil, Mr Roded, on this occasion, requested the Thai government to consider resuming its supply of labor for Israel’s agricultural sector, adding that more assistance will be provided for the incoming workers than before. The two countries have been engaging in labor exchange under the Thailand-Israel Cooperation on Placement of Workers.

Despite Israel’s satisfaction with the quality of Thai workers, Gen Surasak admitted a number of inappropriate behaviors have been reported in the past, such as drinking, gambling and drug abuse. Therefore, he vowed that the ministry will be more stringent from now on in screening the Thai workers who are to be sent abroad.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-04 footer_n.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about employing some of the Palestinians from Gaza, where the unemployment rate is over 50%?

Or is that not in line with the strategy of the new masterrace??coffee1.gif

I think employing them is a brilliant idea......did you think that up all on your own?

What about employing some of the Palestinians from Gaza, where the unemployment rate is over 50%?

Your reference to Jews as master race is typical neo anti-semitic rhetoric pushing the big lie that modern Israel has an equivalence to Nazi Germany.

The problems Israel is having gives liberty to people who want to express their disdain for Jews to feel comfortable to express such rabid hate speech on public forums like this.

But that does NOT make it right or correct.

I expect nothing less from a troll.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

I think employing them is a brilliant idea......did you think that up all on your own?

I am not an expert in the reasons why Israel decided on more Thai workers to replace Palestinian Arab workers, but I reckon it has something to do with security issues.

• Like 1

I am not an expert in the reasons why Israel decided on more Thai workers to replace Palestinian Arab workers, but I reckon it has something to do with security issues.

Yup, they want to put buildings up not pull them down.

You just can't trust anyone who lives under the rule of Hamas

• Like 1

Intentional to differentiate Israeli Arab CITIZENS (20 percent of Israel's population) and Palestinian Arabs who do not live in Israel.

Anyway, the topic is about the Thai workers safety in coming back and being invited back. I hope this works out for the parties involved in this transition period after the recent war between Hamas ruled Gaza and the state of Israel.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

jingthing is a jew you cannot expect to get a fair an balanced review from him where Isreal and Palestine is concerned you will just get the usual Anti semitism and racist accusations from him and he considers israel to be the saints of the middle east LOL

A person could be a Mormon Martian and it wouldn't make the flame attack that Israel is the same as Nazi Germany any more truthful. Saying a country isn't the same as Nazi Germany is not the same thing as saying a country is perfect. NO country is perfect.

• Like 1

I am of Irish Catholic and English Jewish descent, my family were nicknamed the Cohens and the Kellys back in the States and although Ireland and Israel are just foreign countries to me, I consider myself as being descended from 2 of the best heritages in the world and proud. And as being described as a master race, I regard that as a compliment. Also many fail to realise that most European Jews have no associations with Israel at all, perhaps except in their prayer books.

And now back to the original topic that seems to have gone horrendously off course, it is good that some Thai workers can have such opportunities to work abroad, not only for the experience, but a chance to make and accumulate some money to help them obtain a more secure future when they eventually return to Thailand. 50 years ago one of my cousins volunteered to go and work on a kibbutz in Israel. He said it was the best time of his life, within the first year he met and married a Scottish girl out there. They were divorced after 2 years, then my cousin returned to the kibbutz and met and married a beautiful stunning Norwegian girl. They are still happily married today with 5 children and 7 grand children.

Not sure about the Kibbutz experience. I have a close Jewish relative who did that as teen and later she converted to Christianity. Oy!

You can choose to take the "master race" thing humorously, fine, but the reality is that is typically used as antisemitic rhetoric often trying to twist the "Chosen People" thing far away from it's actual quite beautiful meaning, which has nothing at all to do with Hitler style racist eugenics.

Frankly I have never met even one Jew who really thinks Jews are the master race which aims to take over the world! There is no Jewish Mein Kampf except written by antisemites (Elders of Zion). Yes, plenty of Jews do correctly think that the culture of the Jewish people/ethnicity is quite distinctive. Also, many Jews do think generally as a people Jews are pretty darned smart, true or not, is that such a bad thing? Whether most of that comes via culture and education or is genetically based is an interesting can of worms that really is fantastically off topic here. You could ask the same kinds of loaded questions about other ethnoreligious minorities like the Kurds.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Not sure about the Kibbutz experience. I have a close Jewish relative who did that as teen and later she converted to Christianity. Oy!

You can choose to take the "master race" thing humorously, fine, but the reality is that is typically used as antisemitic rhetoric often trying to twist the "Chosen People" thing far away from it's actual quite beautiful meaning, which has nothing at all to do with Hitler style racist eugenics.

Frankly I have never met even one Jew who really thinks Jews are the master race. There is no Jewish Mein Kampf except written by antisemites (Elders of Zion). Yes, plenty of Jews do correctly think that the culture of the Jewish people/ethnicity is quite distinctive, Whether most of that comes via culture and education or is genetically based is an interesting can of worms that really is fantastically off topic here. You could ask the same kinds of loaded questions about other ethnoreligious minorities like the Kurds.

You seem to think everyone is antiemetic

No of course not everyone and I also have been careful about talking about rhetoric, not people posting here. That the Elders of Zion was written by Jew haters and not Jews as promoted by the haters is a historical fact though so there is no reason not to say that clearly.

Cheers, amigo.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Frankly I have never met even one Jew who really thinks Jews are the master race. There is no Jewish Mein Kampf except written by antisemites (Elders of Zion). Yes, plenty of Jews do correctly think that the culture of the Jewish people/ethnicity is quite distinctive, Whether most of that comes via culture and education or is genetically based is an interesting can of worms that really is fantastically off topic here. You could ask the same kinds of loaded questions about other ethnoreligious minorities like the Kurds.

You seem to think everyone is antiemetic

No of course not everyone and I also have been careful about talking about rhetoric, not people posting here. That the Elders of Zion was written by Jew haters and not Jews as promoted by the haters is a historical fact though so there is no reason not to say that clearly.

Cheers, amigo.

See even I have learned something, is that right the elders of Zion I will look it up as not read anything about them.

Frankly I have never met even one Jew who really thinks Jews are the master race which aims to take over the world! There is no Jewish Mein Kampf except written by antisemites (Elders of Zion). Yes, plenty of Jews do correctly think that the culture of the Jewish people/ethnicity is quite distinctive. Also, many Jews do think generally as a people Jews are pretty darned smart, true or not, is that such a bad thing? Whether most of that comes via culture and education or is genetically based is an interesting can of worms that really is fantastically off topic here. You could ask the same kinds of loaded questions about other ethnoreligious minorities like the Kurds.

Kurds or turds I don`t care.

What you are doing is continuing this farce and taking this thread completely off topic, which is what you and many others do often on these forums.

Regarding the politics of another country, who cares, this is about Thai labourers being offered employment and work prospects in Israel that I find of interest. Those who continually come on here and disrupt the discussions and enjoyment of these threads for everyone else, should not bother posting at all or go and start a revolution somewhere if they feel so strongly about middle eastern politics, without trying to shove it all in our faces where it`s not wanted.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Kurds or turds I don`t care.

What you are doing is continuing this farce and taking this thread completely off topic, which is what you and many others do often on these forums.

Regarding the politics of another country, who cares, this is about Thai labourers being offered employment and work prospects in Israel that I find of interest. Those who continually come on here and disrupt the discussions and enjoyment of these threads for everyone else, should not bother posting at all or go and start a revolution somewhere if they feel so strongly about middle eastern politics, without trying to shove it all in our faces where it`s not wanted.

That is not fair, dude.

I was responding to the "master race" slur here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773760-israel-invites-thai-workers-to-return-in-wake-of-gaza-violence/?p=8626249

I'm not the one who posted that garbage. If people are going to post lies like that, people should be allowed to respond.

Cheers.

• Like 2

As I was saying prior to being rudely interrupted by a load of irrelevant cods wallop, I believe this opportunity of employment for Thai workers in Israel is a good thing because from experience I know that many Thais consider Thailand as being the only country on the planet, and given this opportunity to venture abroad will be of great benefit to them for the experience and the learning of other cultures and that there is a wider world out there that will give them more scope within the International communities for the future, especially for those of little wealth that would not normally get the opportunities to live and work abroad, plus for the younger Thais will also be a great adventure for them.

I see it as a scenario of having nothing to lose and much to gain.

• Like 2

Not shure that Israel has a good reputation with their immigrant workers...

I've never heard a Thai success story 'from zero to hero' coming from Israel.

Good point.

I wonder what would be their working conditions, such as hours and shifts expected, the sort of work they would be doing, the periods of their work contracts and most importantly, how much would they be paid?

Anyone have knowledge of this or any Israeli members who could put us in the picture?

Glimpsed quite a lot of workers with a Thai appearance up in places like the Golan Heights (the old "wrap yourself up like a mummy, when working out in the sun" apparel kind of gave it away). It appeared to be 'farm hand' work, work in fields, tractor driving, watering in the orchards. Always waved to them whenever they chugged past me on a tractor when being transported to the fields, and the response was always lots of wide white smiles and waves back. Later on I spoke to an Israeli woman in one of Golan's Moshav who was desperate to get workers during busy seasons, and she pre-empted what I would have asked next by saying the rate she was offering was very reasonable indeed (I believed her, based on how it came across) and as a result she was frustrated that locals wouldn't take the work, but she also knew why and it is a story that was familiar.

Basically, it was - "Why do hard graft like that if you can get cushier work serving coffee or something, somewhere far more eventfull?" and it was very hard for her to compete with that. Few are interested in agricultural work, as few are in Britain, although the core problem in Britain (I suspect) is that the pay would be rock bottom but the work would be hard graft, so they advertise overseas in the first instance. Potential younger workers were willing to receive less pay for cushier work conditions in places like Tel Aviv where daily life was more thrilling and where all the action is. Understandable. It also became harder to fill the gaps in labour when the days of foreign volunteers dried up long ago, compared to decades ago. If the South East Asian workers are being payed well or not, I don't know, and I don't know if Israel has a minimum wage in place or not. Whatever the case, these guys were working in beautiful surroundings, lush cherry orchards in the Golan Heights, quiet and healthy. Have they been converted to Hummus and Falafel?

Not shure that Israel has a good reputation with their immigrant workers...

I've never heard a Thai success story 'from zero to hero' coming from Israel.

So which country using imported Thai guest farm workers has a better reputation turning Thai farm workers from "zero" to hero? I reckon being a guest farm worker anywhere to anywhere isn't exactly the typical path to fame and fortune.

Edited by Jingthing