Volunteering in Pattaya: options, end of 2014 and on.

infinity11

I'd like to help others, perhaps those at a disadvantage or less fortunate but there are no limits.

It's time time to give back somehow in some way(s).

1-Who is doing this?

2-What are they doing?

3-What are the options?

4-What do YOU find most rewarding with your spare time or with volunteering?

Please and thank you!

Edited by infinity11

Father Ray Foundation and its many projects, Mercy Centre and Pattaya Orphanage spring to mind but for obvious reasons due to children being involved, some screening will apply and automatic acceptance as a volunteer should not be assumed if they have enough people etc. Donations are always welcome however.

Clothing and warm blanket drives for cool season up North seem to happen and I have participated over the years but have no specific details on any at this time.

I have done volunteer work as un-paid speaker at school programs for "English for Thai Children", did a couple of years with Father Ray in a marketing exercise, played in a few Charity music concerts for Tsunami victims and other causes and currently do mainly translation things with the Royal Thai Police (which earns me few friends here) ....

There does seem to be opportunity to help in Pattaya so I hope you find something that suits you.

• Like 1

I had a friend would would devote most of his time here in Pattaya volunteering for:

Pattaya Redemptorist School for the Blind
285/103 Soi 16 Pattaya-Naklua Road
Mu 5, Naklua, Banglamoong, Chonburi 20150
Tel: (038) 225-479, 225-963

• Like 1

Let's keep this thread helpful. If you can't provide help for this member, please don't post.

I met a guy who was doing English classes at a local government hospital. Seems they are doing twice weekly classes.

Congrats to the OP for taking the initiative and offering to those less fortunate.

thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

I saw you posting in the health Forum about a self support group for depressions. I believe this is a great idea, if you can someone professional on board!

Dare i ask: Is there any interest in a support group in pattaya? Not sure what to call it and i do NOT want to limit it to depression?

More like a place to chat, let off steam, express your concerns in a supportive environment, say, once a week same bat time same bat channel.

I attended peer support groups at Uni and privately with mature adults years ago and i learned a lot and met good peeps.

(Now who is feeling nauseous from my suggestion? bwahahahahahaha)