Chinese student found dead in Bangkok's Thonglor-area apartment

webfact

Chinese student found dead in Thonglor apartment

By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- A Chinese student at Bangkok University was found dead in her Thonglor-area apartment on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old student was found lying on her bed with no signs of violence or struggle, according to the police. Packs of diet pills were found on the bed.

The student, who was working on a master’s degree in Communication Arts, was believed to have been dead for approximately 24 hours before her body was discovered.

Police said her body was found by a friend who then contacted them. The male friend, also Chinese, told police the woman had been taking diet pills for the past two months.

According to the friend, they had been chatting Monday on Line when the deceased stopped responding. [read more…]

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-05

Feel sorry for the young Lady and I hope she Rests in Peace.

But these diet pills can be real killers.

Just found an article from 2013 that confirms this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10310834/Teenage-rugby-star-killed-by-online-diet-pills.html

Slightly unsubtle writing Costas.

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10310834/Teenage-rugby-star-killed-by-online-diet-pills.html

Please take a little time and look at the heading of my avatar.

What does it say?

Greek member.

You try and write something in Greek and I'll tell you if your writing is subtle or unsubtle.

Based on the above, I would say Costas command of the English language is sufficiently effective ;-)

So these diet pills are used for staying awake and studying for long periods?

Edited by ClutchClark

What does it say?

Greek member.

You try and write something in Greek and I'll tell you if your writing is subtle or unsubtle.

Based on the above, I would say Costas command of the English language is sufficiently effective ;-)

Yes, he knows what a "fat belly" is.

• Like 1

What does it say?

Greek member.

So these diet pills are used for staying awake and studying for long periods?

Yes.

They are loaded with amphetamine sulphate, otherwise known as 'speed'.

They were very popular in 80s UK where they were sold in many night clubs.

What does it say?

Greek member.

Please take a little time? Sorry Costas, that's a bit thin. I believe the criticism of you was—probably in consideration of you!—understated. Second language is not a licence to disregard sensitivity; you are easily fluent enough to have "taken a little time" yourself. You certainly took the time to research the news article.

Of course you have every right to be crass if you want to. But if you are, then you can't expect to have things both ways: when someone (gently!) calls you on it, there's no convenient linguistic escape hatch. smile.png

Edited by aboctok

What does it say?

Greek member.

Please take a little time? Sorry Costas, that's a bit thin. I believe the criticism of you was—probably in consideration of you!—understated. Second language is not a licence to disregard sensitivity; you are easily fluent enough to have "taken a little time" yourself. You certainly took the time to research the news article.

Of course you have every right to be crass if you want to. But if you are, then you can't expect to have things both ways: when someone (gently!) calls you on it, there's no convenient linguistic escape hatch. smile.png

Take no notice Costas, aboctok was was taught to be 100% PC at school and he has been worried about getting a gold star ever since