Seeking A Muscle Car

vultureintree

Yahoo featured a story today of guys in the USA, including owners of the perfectly rebuilt original muscle cars, who get the old shells of the original cars and rebuild them non-kosher, using modern parts. Those original cars (if you mean anything approaching a Hemi Barracuda or Shelby Ford) handled worse than a new Toyota Corolla, had weak brakes, sucked petrol like an 18-wheeler, and weren't half as reliable as a used Hyundai.

But ah, the image, the raw power, those big tires!

If you want image, I've got a Honda CBR150 for sale.....:o

If you have a muscle car or know where to get one, kindly contact me. It can be any make, year or condition. :o

You may find something at a little garage on the S W Corner of the intersection of Charoenrat Rd and Doi Saket Rd. Thats on the East Side of the river byRama IX Bridge. Just around the corner from the Pun Pun Guest House.

A Thai guy comes in there periodically for repairs and has a Shelby Cobra or two.... I think an Olds 442 also. Don't know if they are for sale or not but you could always ask

Gonzo

You may find something at a little garage on the S W Corner of the intersection of Charoenrat Rd and Doi Saket Rd. Thats on the East Side of the river byRama IX Bridge. Just around the corner from the Pun Pun Guest House.

Here's one that uses that garage......I spotted it a while ago

post-7622-1154366087.jpg

If you have a muscle car or know where to get one, kindly contact me. It can be any make, year or condition. :o

I know someone who's got a Mitsubishi GTO, I'm no petrol head but I know it's got twin turbo, 4 wheel drive and steer, looks very sweet and in really good nick too.

If you want to make contact with the owner just let me know, he lives and works in Chiang Mai.

JxP

Any car that you can see the petrol gauge move almost as fast as the car itself.. And it doesn't need to be American, the Aussies pumped a few good ones out as well. The GMH Manaro, Commodore . The Ford Falcon GT etc...

Classic Cars of Lanna knows of a blue tin top Ford Mustang for sale near the city centre. Left hand drive with a 6 cylinder petrol Nissan engine and auto trans. Body good and interior smart white but plastic. The original leather seat covers are in store with the car, which was used daily up to a year ago and stored under cover on axle stands ever since.

Anyone e-mailing Classic Cars of Lanna at [email protected] can have a photo and contact details. This is the Mustang with the 'flying buttress' rear window pieces, much like the early Jaguar XJS. Private sale by a nice old man who quotes the Thai equivalent of 'best offer please?'. Has the tabian too (registration papers).

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there Vultureintree, did you ever find your muscle car????

I know of a 69 Mustang 351 cu in man said

Don't know if its a real Shelby or a knock off like a golden loxex, but looks pretty good

gonzo

> How do you define a "Muscle Car"

Nissan Cefiro with a turbo added, the suspension lowered, and a chrome exhaust pipe the size of a sewer duct?

a daihatsu mira filling up at the gas station leaves the wallet quite "muscular". thats the kind of muscle i kinda like.

Hi 'Thaipauly',

Several people have recently asked me, if "you are me"....?

I'm also living in Chiang Mai, and come from Oxford, and my name is Paul..!

I'm also interested in 'performance' cars...! We might find we have other things in common...?

I will not be in Chiang Mai until early October, due to the fact that I still have to work.

But if you're interested, we could try to meet up sometime after that..?

Kind regards,

Paulbrun.

Hey there Vultureintree, did you ever find your muscle car????

I know of a 69 Mustang 351 cu in man said

Don't know if its a real Shelby or a knock off like a golden loxex, but looks pretty good

gonzo

Hi Gonzo,

I would be interested to look at the Mustang you have mentioned. Can you tell me where I can view it?

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Not exactly the stang, but close.... Mecury XR7, 1973 , looks like 351cu. in. Eng.

Pretty decent shape,,,,,, looks to be a bit Thai-a-sized with colors , but not bad.

Maybe this can do til the Shelby comes along

Vulture in the tree..... you out there ....... maybe you want to swoop and snoop at it

gonzo

post-22124-1160817349_thumb.jpg

First of all , you need to ask yourself , what are you looking for ,

SOUND ? LOOK ? POWER ? SPEED ?

. and of cos What is YOUR $$$$$$$$

I personally own 3 Toyota CELICA , 1 Datsun Stanza , 1 MAZDA 929 Coupe .

3 of them had been Modify ti my Needs ,

CELICA ( 1973 GT - TA22 ) - V6 2000 cc Engine on a 950kg Body

MAZDA 929 Coupe ( 1976 ) V4 Engine SR20DE 2000cc On a 1050kg Body .

STANZA DATSUN GT VIOLET GT SSS ( 1977 ) L16 Dual Weber Engine 1600CC fitted with Limited Slip for Drift and corner . )

All Cars had been Modify .

All this take time and money as well as the love of the cars .. and also . you need to know what you want and workshop who is really helping you instead of trying ti RIP A Hole or SUCKER YOU FOR CASH ..

MY View oN Classic Power car..

SET yourself - 200k - 300k spend time do REsearch . and REBUILD ONE . totally . with a POWERFUL JAP ENGINE . 1JZ- or even 2JZ engine would blow anyone off the orad if your Car .s Under . 1000 KG But witH POWER you need more ..

Strut bar , Suspension , traction control , Larger RIM . better Set up . meter reading , and so on ..

is not easy .. and is never cheap .. FIRST YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

NOt alot of cars is in good condition and not alot of peope will tell you the problem ..

If you need info .. you can see my Rebuild on MY Celica .

on the following URL

CELICA REBUILD DATA LOG . SINCE 2005 - 2006 AND STILL GOING

Alot of amercian cars here is lack of serious parts and serious people who know what here are doing , either some silly workshop would damage your parts or just make it worst .

i had my share of lousy workshop ..

well .. i do know some nice cars out there . if you have a deep pocket , i would be keen in maybe one project with you . - whahhahahahahhah

You know I could have sworn I stumbled across something about a RHD Fox Body being available over here... Now this could just be a dream since I can't find the link anymore...

But still drop in a 347 and have some fun.

Btw down in Phuket area there are quite a bit of rusting muscle, saw a dealer with 5 various 2nd gen camaros.

As for the above coments, sure doing some engine swaps will lead to great results, hel_l we could make some shotgun fiestas for cheap or even tune out a 1.3t Starlet, but it wouldn't have the rumble of the muscle.