Pregnant Foreigners second suicide attempt of the day in North Pattaya

webfact

Pregnant Foreigners second suicide attempt of the day in North Pattaya

bridge-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police and medics rushed to the scene of an attempted suicide of a pregnant foreign national at a footbridge in North Pattaya on Wednesday afternoon.

A Laos National, named as Miss Nok aged 20, who is 5 months pregnant, was standing on the wrong side of the footbridge, overlooking the main Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya.

20 minutes of negotiations were unsuccessful and it was decided to forcibly remove her from danger which saw her taken over the railings to safety.

It transpired that she had earlier threatened to jump from the same footbridge on Wednesday Morning and was taken to Hospital by Police, but she escaped and went straight back to the same bridge and prepared herself to jump.

Miss Nok had come to Pattaya looking for her Husband, a Thai National from Nakhon Pathom Province, Khun Kamonchai, who had come to the area to work in Laem Chabang.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/153696/pregnant-foreigners-second-suicide-attempt-of-the-day-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-06

its just so sad. How many people say they have problems? We all do !! Its just good some of us can deal with them better than others, i really feel for these people who want to take there own life

Chances are, a sweet & innocent girl. Hope things work out ok for her.

• Like 2

I think they should find and allocate better terminology for SE Asian nationals other

than foreigners.... as foreigners really best descries people from anywhere other

than SE Asia....

Come to America, where we call everyone else "Aliens"

• Like 2

I think they should find and allocate better terminology for SE Asian nationals other

than foreigners.... as foreigners really best descries people from anywhere other

than SE Asia....

TCN or Third Country National is a common term used in many industries

than SE Asia....

I thought UNDOCUMENTED was the term in fashion in the USA

Bear in mind that the suicide of a pregnant woman is actually a murder/suicide.

I hope they can either find the husband, or at the very least persuade the girl to understand that she would be killing her own child and that the baby deserves a chance at his or her life - don't take that away.

Some form of therapy is called for, but sadly I doubt she will get what she needs, I truly hope she doesn't go through with this dreadful plan.

So many guys out there would kill to have a wife. What a waste.

OK - I'll bite - do you actually LIVE in Thailand ? I dont know what your ideal woman looks like, but I'm confident that the locals arent lining up to meet a pregnant Lao woman - this woman's prospects are extremely bleak.

Poor poor woman, what must she be going through, already got a two year old, and another on the way..

As for the Husband, probably searching for him as a last hope, but I believe he is shacked up with someone else, so,I doubt that he will leave his new found friend.

Life is,so cruel and brutal to some people, my Heart goes out to her..

I hope she gets the help she needs......

• Like 2

than SE Asia....

I thought UNDOCUMENTED was the term in fashion in the USA

UNDOCUMENTED replaced ILLEGAL since the latter gave people the impression these Aliens were breaking some law or another.

Its much cheaper to change the terminology than fix the problem.

;-)

Same in Thailand when it comes to fixing the problem--want to cut down on all of these deadbeat father?

Have the courts require the fathers to make child support payments, including forfeiture of property.

Edited by ClutchClark

So after 20 mins and previous attempt have the geniuses figured out why she wants to kill herself ?

Have they tried to help locate the hubby?

Well it doesn't take a genius to actually read the OP report and then he can answer his own first question, can't he?

• Like 2

Chances are, a sweet & innocent girl. Hope things work out ok for her.

chances are a prostitute. Not an ez job.

Using you own (wildly disfunctional) logic the chances are that you are a prostitute also.

Why should she be condemned as a prostitute by the likes of you?

• Like 1

its just so sad. How many people say they have problems? We all do !! Its just good some of us can deal with them better than others, i really feel for these people who want to take there own life

Yes but some people's problems are insignificant compared to others and some people are driven to despair by others and left with no support from anyone.

Sometimes the victimization is supported by a refusal of authorities to do anything about the injustices heaped on certain people through no real fault of their own.

This woman obviously feels she is at the end of the road with nowhere left to go and the only choice that makes sense to her mind at the moment is to End it all. She needs help but as a foreigner she will get none from Thailand despite her having a Thai husband who appears to be part of the problem. I feel sorry for the girl. I hope it all works out for her.

• Like 1

For Thailand a "foreigner" is someone NOT being a Thai national; period!

Why do people climb on their horses as soon as they see "foreigner" displayed in the media?

I was under the impression that farang means westerner. Never seen it used to refer to asian foreigners. When I see "foreigner", I automatically associate it with farang and make the assumption it means westerner. Obviously, it's a wrong assumption that has taken some time and effort to correct.

A post removed.

Please do not hijack the topic with discussion about use of the word "foreigner" which is a perfectly understandable and correct use of the word.

petercool - moderator team

A further post was removed for quoting moderator notice and continuing the discussion on the word foreigner,

• Like 1