Police coy over new probe into Koh Tao murders

webfact

"Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders."

No it doesn't. It shows that he was not involved in any sexual misconduct.

Thanks Commerce, you may be correct--I responded similarly before I read your post. However, would DNA necessarily be present if the perpetrator did not ejaculate--certainly, one of our illustrious TV-forensic colleagues must know.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The village headman should keep his mouth shut and stop calling press conferences for his sons justice. He should be calling for open justice to the two murders that occured on his island and on his watch. Shows him in his true light.

Oh please, if he believes his son is innocent and the media continues to cry his guilt, wouldn't a father do anything in his power to disprove their allegations and any desire for justice for the victims be secondary?

• Like 1

I have not made many comments on this subject so far as there have been thousands of comments made by other posters already, but I would like to think if there is any such thing as justice the RTP will be exposed for what they are concerning this terrible investigation, much as the previous government was for their botched rule.

I imagine there were similar botched investigations of serious crimes under the PTP and/or Democrat rule but in the nine years I have been in Thailand I don't remember another one receiving so much attention.

Is it because the RTP were expected (allowed ?) to behave in this manner before, but not now under the new government ?

Nothing to do with party politics!!

Only a question about reaching the point, where enough is enough!!

The people (Thais and expats) finally had enough with all the BS!!bah.gif

• Like 2

An interesting use of the word ''coy.''

artfully or affectedly shy or reserved; slyly hesitant; coquettish.
shy; modest.
showing reluctance, especially when insincere or affected, to reveal one's plans or opinions, make a commitment, or take a stand:
The mayor was coy about his future political aspirations.
Archaic. disdainful; aloof.

Indeed the definition of the word ''coy'' in connection to the police farce force is somewhat apt with the exclusion of number 2 of course.

Or more accurately, an absolutely correct use of the word.

"Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders."

No it doesn't. It shows that he was not involved in any sexual misconduct.

Not even that, may be it would if the test were in all stages done by an indepent organisation not by Thjai police "official=theatre"

"Official" (like in paid) is the main word here!!whistling.gif

Haven't you missed the point? How ludicrous is it to say the lack of his DNA presence absolves him of the murder? It may absolve him of the rape, but even that may not be sure--if he did not ejaculate, would his DNA be present?

You are missing his sarcasm, and cells other than semen have DNA.

Would any DNA necessarily be present in a rape?

jspill post # 28.

I can think of a Thai word that sounds like coy to describe the police.

Why are we or you waiting?

Well come along enlighten us all with your profound knowledge.

Hoy? The English equivalent would begin with C and would end in S in plural form. whistling.gif

Hmmm. Oyster, shellfish.

Gee, Dave, that ending in "s" in its plural form is really enlightening. However, I believe jspill and you are referring to a Thai slang term for a woman's vagina. And, yes, Hugh, it does mean shellfish, more commonly clams.

crustaceans fit

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders> QUOTE

"Official" (like in paid) is the main word here!! alt=whistling.gif>

Well they might be accurate but that only confirms he didn't rape the girl, nothing more.

Cowboys comes to mind! A few nights ago a car went through a road block outside Central Festival (04-11-14) Pattaya and some cowboy cop blasts off 10 or more rounds to shoot out the tyres on the stationary Honda!

With the traffic outside Central Festival the cop could have walked after the car and still arrested him because the Honda was blocked with traffic.

So, it would be safe to assume, with all the facts we have accumulated from the past, that the Thai police are somewhere between stupid and dangerous!

Just wait till they get the conscripts out and about with their guns.

Haven't you missed the point? How ludicrous is it to say the lack of his DNA presence absolves him of the murder? It may absolve him of the rape, but even that may not be sure--if he did not ejaculate, would his DNA be present?

You are missing his sarcasm, and cells other than semen have DNA.

Would any DNA necessarily be present in a rape?

Unless the perp was wearing a body condom.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders> QUOTE

"Official" (like in paid) is the main word here!! alt=whistling.gif>

Well they might be accurate but that only confirms he didn't rape the girl, nothing more.

If JOC can prove his accusations then he should do so. Otherwise he is simply stating what he'd like to believe happened as it supports his conspiracy theory. Amazing how many really think "they know" all what happened.

The tests seem to show that the boy accused by many on social media, but previously cleared by police, did not have physical contact with the victim. The investigation itself has been fraught with claims, statements and contradictions most of which came from various police officers giving statements to the press, or journalists claiming "police sources." That has created a myriad of unanswered questions, which the full report may or may not answer, and means any statements now are treated with caution.

Whatever happens now, whatever the British police, British government, Burmese government say or do, whatever the Thai authorities say or do, those "who know" will never change their view.

• Like 1

''Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders.''

Official DNA test results have showed that that 2 Burmese guys did it.

Officials however had to beat up those 2 Burmese, to confess....that kind a prove what official DNA tests worth here.

Managed to link Burmese to cigarette butt by DNA, did that happen to murder weapon too; I don't recall.

On the side, I would like to hear what happened to the witness(es), the CCTV footage, or why that island criminal influential man and his son only DNA tested month after the case, where they were tied to the case from the start.

Wonder why the lawyers of the two suspects till now didn't ask for a new DNA-test for them. Or have I missed something in the news?

Wonder what the British cops report said? How did the view the collection of evidence, capture of suspects, interview process, confessions and the prosecutors reports back to the police?

Could read something like this: Utter &lt;deleted&gt;. Investigation has more holes than Swiss cheese?

The only thing anyone wants is justice. If it’s a stitch up than the person who committed the crime is still on the loose and able to refine their skills in future endeavours. Very dangerous to leave sleeping dogs lie.

• Like 1