Police coy over new probe into Koh Tao murders

webfact

i think that this one is far to big to go under the radar

I would question the word Coy, more like egg all over their face , it isn't the first time and looking at the RTP exceptional talent it won't be the last by along shot, the worrying prospect is that any new inquiry will only be able to use the evidence available, that might be not enough in the eye's of experts , so they will just muddle about and crap on as usual and still either arrive at the same conclusion or dither till everyone forgets about the case and it goes under the radar like quite a few do. bah.gif

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture alone would negate the possibility of a fair trial in any country in the world with a proper justice system.

What is it with the pictures of alleged offenders being paraded in front of the media, never seen anything quite like it in any other country.

Recall November 23, 1963, Dallas, TX, when suspected presidential assassin Lee Harvey Oswald is paraded before the press in a bizarre impromptu midnight "press conference."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaS-UV-BsdY

<Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders> QUOTE

"Official" (like in paid) is the main word here!!whistling.gif

I have no idea if this occurred, (Officials Paid) as I have never been in any meetings with this man or any others, when such a situation could have allegedly occurred. You seem to be so sure, have you? Do you have any photos or direct evidence? If not, shut up, until you know for sure and then, if you have direct factual evidence, provide it to the relevant authorities.

Same applies to the DNA test. Until we know for sure that this has not been comprised, then stop the speculation. I'd hate to be on trial with some of your type on the jury. A fair and just result, don't think so.

Armchair investigators who base everything on assumptions and speculation and then cast aspersions on people they do not know. If it's ever proved that something like this occurred then I am prepared to apoligise but until we know for sure give this type of hype a break.

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 2

So far the Myanmar embassy has petitioned the Justice Ministry (the owner of the DSI) for a new investigation, the suspects have petitioned the DSI directly, the British government demanded and was permitted to send observers (although we may never hear anything of their findings), the NHCR has attempted to inititiate an investigation into allegations of torture by the police and the interpreter. The victims' parents also have the right to petition the DSI to investigate. In addition they can initiate a private civil case, although it is understandable that they might feel getting involved in such hassles would only make their grief and frustration worse.

Unfortunately under the current interim constitution and political structure options are somewhat more limited than is normal. The DSI chief now has to put new investigation decisions to its board which is controlled by the government and the Justice Minister is concurrently deputy army chief. The NHCR lost its power to prosecute with the dissolution of the 2007 constitution. So protection of human rights and what were already extremely limited checks and balances against the all powerful police are now very much up to the discretion of the current powers that be.

It will be interesting to see how far Myanmar is willing to push the case as, if all the parties interested in a new enquiry, they seem to hold the most persuasive cards at the moment. Myanmar probably needs the remittances from its workers in Thailand as much as Thailand needs their labour but it would probably be a good time for both countries to clean up the prevailing situation where at least half of the workers are illegal and exploitation and slavery are rampant. Myanmar closing its legitimate border crossings to labourers leaving without correct documentation would be a step in the right direction for improving labour conditions and would cause immediate pain to Thai employers who rely on the cheap undocumented labour as well as the police and other government officials who benefit from their under the table payments. Other countries, like Indonesia have done this (to Malaysia) following cases of abuse of domestic workers.

In the field of investment I think that Thailand needs Myanmar more than the other way round. Now that Myanmar has embarked on political reform there are many other countries that can replace Thailand's planned investments and also provide far superior original technology and training than Thailand's which almost exclusively second hand. Thailand has lost competitiveness due to its failure over decades to invest in R&D and education and is now the slowest growing economy in ASEAN. Meanwhile populist governments have created a Western style entitlement culture which the economy can't grow fast enough to support. Thailand desperately needs access to Myanmar for investment and trading to benefit from its faster growing economy and cheap labour on site. Cutting Thailand out of a few deals would make a huge impact. Let's see what Myanmar's resolve is like. After all it's only a short time since it started to exit from decades of military dictatorship and its journalists are still showing up in shallow graves.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

"Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders."

No it doesn't. It shows that he was not involved in any sexual misconduct.

Well not quite

It shows the evidence currently to hand doesn't implicate him in any sexual involvement

(notwithstanding of course any 'manipulation' of that evidence in the first place)

The only thing that the DNA test on Nom could have conclusively confirmed is paternity, and all we have is the father's word about that outcome.

The fact that the ranking police officers decided to stand with and be photographed with the my father for Nom while he conducted this media event probably ties their fate to the ability of all to keep these test results concealed and rely on the family's statements about what the results actually mean, which is nothing.

Edited by CapFarmer

Of course they are coy.... They all know it's a stitch up.

I am hoping this is going to escalate into an almighty political mess for Prayuth and the police chiefs.

I am starting to get a whiff of diplomatic turmoil over this, and all in the most public of situations.

The Guardian already reported that the UK Foreign Office have summoned the Thai consulate in London to convey their suspicions (concerns) that this whole investigation has been fudged to save tourism. They must be speaking from info received from the boys in blue that are over here 'observing' this farce.

I hope thew UK and Myanmar end up breaking all diplomatic ties with Thailand like Saudi did.... Great start to ASEAN AEC....... not.

They must be speaking from info received from the boys in blue that are over here 'observing' this farce.

The General states they have returned to Scotland Yard?

An interesting use of the word ''coy.''

artfully or affectedly shy or reserved; slyly hesitant; coquettish.
shy; modest.

showing reluctance, especially when insincere or affected, to reveal one's

plans or opinions, make a commitment, or take a stand:

The mayor was coy about his future political aspirations.
Archaic. disdainful; aloof.

Indeed the definition of the word ''coy'' in connection to the police farce force is somewhat apt with the exclusion of number 2 of course.

Interesting word indeed,

as special as every time native english posters always claim us non-brits for our " bad english ""

I don't understand what the fuss is about.

These things always happened in Thailand, there have always been unsolved murders of Thais and Foreigners all over.

Some Farangs friends of mine on a motorbike have been deliberately hit by a pickup a few years back on Samui and nobody, thai police included, cared to investigate.

Farangs are just an income statistics and nobody really wants to know what happened to these murdered walking wallets (aren't we all?).

The bothering thing for Thailand is absolutely not the victims, their family nor the application and justice of the legal system.

The only problem is the tourism money lost by the PR turmoil. That means loss of billions of Baht this year.

Nothing compares to that by Thai standards so if there are DNA samples to test again, they surely have been swapped already and frankly I am quite impressed that the 2 scapegoats have not "committed suicide" yet.

You thought Thailand was the land of smile? you've not been here long have you?

I have seen many similar instances of police being unwilling to protect locals as well as foreigners from violence. The TOT media blitz to promote Thailand's safety is another form of the daily press brief by Baghdad Bob, AKA Comical Ali.

"Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders."

It was never proofed, that he were not the user of the condom !

Maybee he were disturbed on his " rape with condom "

by the 2 myanmars - or some other guy,

so he " could not finish "" an explanation why " police say "

no DNA inside of the condom !!

If the DNA is a genuine match then that is rather damning evidence that no amount of complaint can answer.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The match may be genuine, but its matching to what ?...it appears the whole providence of the reference samples is under question

• Like 1

I wish we now can forget the headmans son , and believe in the DNA test , and focus on other "evidence" and chase the real killers. The killers could have been immigrant workers, it could have been Thais , it could have been Asian tourists on the island.

We really dont know much after 3 months. Except that DNA match B2 and we need more testing done from the outside,

Edited by balo

and that's assuming the DNA tests were kosher which most people (including me) doubt.

• Like 1

It was never proofed, that he were not the user of the condom !

Maybee he were disturbed on his " rape with condom "

by the 2 myanmars - or some other guy,

so he " could not finish "" an explanation why " police say "

no DNA inside of the condom !!

I believe rapists in general do not use condoms, I believe the condom was deliberately planted there to make it look like David & Hannah were having sex before they were attacked. Since there was no DNA on the inside, one could conclude the condom was never used.

I also believe the position in which the body of Hannah was found confirms this cover up even further IMO. How can your legs be in that angle if you have just been killed? To orchestrate the sex story even more David was stripped naked (but they forgot one sock), so when David pulled off one sock he forget the second one? Yeah, sure! Didn't he have water in his lungs? The murder weapon on him was not the hoe, right? (No DNA). His wounds seem to confirm another weapon and it wasn't the wine bottle they never found the pancake translator brought into the charade.

The RTP also spoke about a third possible DNA, they also mentioned on the 23rd who they believed were the killers! You don't say something like that unless you are really sure. We all know what happened after that, a U-turn Shuffle, probably caused by the fact that suddenly it started to rain Thai Baht above Koh Tao that washed away the DNA samples previously collected, meaning all DNA evidence will now be discredited by Social Media users and nobody will ever believe anything anymore what the RTP will say about the KT murders.

Edited by Krenjai
  • Like 1

Way to go Burma. UK take note.

Actually, now that you mention it, very true! You would have imagined that the UK would have taken a stronger stance on this matter, but they've been aloof. As a matter of fact, when is the last time anybody heard news of any kind on the Investigative Group sent to Thailand from the UK? I haven't heard a peep; are they still in Thailand or did they sneak back to the UK? It seems that the burden of these murders has been left to Myanmar and it's making headway.

I have to agree fully with your short and to the point statement:

"Way to go Burma. UK take note."

BRAVO!

Edited by OPG

Andy Hall tweeted this yesterday:

"Samui Police to undertake further questioning of Zaw Lin/Win Zaw Tun Koh Tao case at Samui prison 2mrw 9am. Accused lawyers to be present".

Seems their case isn't as complete as they keep saying (and as we all know)

That picture alone would negate the possibility of a fair trial in any country in the world with a proper justice system.

What is it with the pictures of alleged offenders being paraded in front of the media, never seen anything quite like it in any other country.

Recall November 23, 1963, Dallas, TX, when suspected presidential assassin Lee Harvey Oswald is paraded before the press in a bizarre impromptu midnight "press conference."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaS-UV-BsdY

"I'm just a patsy"

Sounds familier... wai2.gifwai.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmdb4xz-Dk

I wish we now can forget the headmans son , and believe in the DNA test , and focus on other "evidence" and chase the real killers. The killers could have been immigrant workers, it could have been Thais , it could have been Asian tourists on the island.

We really dont know much after 3 months. Except that DNA match B2 and we need more testing done from the outside,

"Except that DNA match B2 "

No we don't know this.

Did you see any proof?

Do you believe everything that the BIB claim?

But, But why would they re-open the ' perfect ' case and even the British observers said the investigation was carried out exactly as they would conducted it. Well that's the Thai version anyway.

Oh wait, the state prosecutors don't seem to be too happy.

What to do ? Decisions, decisions and making them isn't exactly a Thai thing.

As far as I know, the British police have not said a word about the case. Instead, Thai officials including the big chief himself have put words in their mouth.

• Like 1