Police coy over new probe into Koh Tao murders

webfact

I wish we now can forget the headmans son , and believe in the DNA test , and focus on other "evidence" and chase the real killers. The killers could have been immigrant workers, it could have been Thais , it could have been Asian tourists on the island.

We really dont know much after 3 months. Except that DNA match B2 and we need more testing done from the outside,

The RTP said that the B2 DNA matches. That's a long way from being believable. Why has the prosecutor returned their case 3 times?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the DNA is a genuine match then that is rather damning evidence that no amount of complaint can answer.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i take it you haven't lived here long to believe such crap?

If all the evidence the police gathered was crap... then what could be said of your speculation Dick Tracy?

I am sure that the two Myanmar kids are "coy" aswell, with the prospect of the deathpenalty for a crime, they didn't commit!!

Please share the evidence you have that proves the accused are innocent Sherlock !!

Funny enough it seems that the RTP have same problem proving they are guilty!

you only have to watch the re-enactment scene. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-suspects-reenact-4370944

"Official" (like in paid) is the main word here!!whistling.gif

I have no idea if this occurred, (Officials Paid) as I have never been in any meetings with this man or any others, when such a situation could have allegedly occurred. You seem to be so sure, have you? Do you have any photos or direct evidence? If not, shut up, until you know for sure and then, if you have direct factual evidence, provide it to the relevant authorities.

Same applies to the DNA test. Until we know for sure that this has not been comprised, then stop the speculation. I'd hate to be on trial with some of your type on the jury. A fair and just result, don't think so.

Armchair investigators who base everything on assumptions and speculation and then cast aspersions on people they do not know. If it's ever proved that something like this occurred then I am prepared to apoligise but until we know for sure give this type of hype a break.

It's been reported that the headman controlled the samples. Your assertion has as little credibility than anyone else.

Reported where? Samples taken by a hospital employee..

Ha! I beat you to that one...

The RTP gave the original DNA samples to the Headman to keep in his fridge. He supplied the DNA samples to the RTP for the media to 'prove' his son was innocent. This has been reported, and I'm nor going to troll back for proof. Up to you, believe it or not. But if anyone still believes that the B2 are guilty watch this re-enactment scene. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-suspects-reenact-4370944

If the DNA is a genuine match then that is rather damning evidence that no amount of complaint can answer.

If all the evidence the police gathered was crap... then what could be said of your speculation Dick Tracy?

Up until the 23rd september the RTP were on the right track. After that the named suspects were released. Both you and me have differing views, perhaps, but my opinion is as valid as yours. So back off.

• Like 1

Up until the 23rd september the RTP were on the right track. After that the named suspects were released. Both you and me have differing views, perhaps, but my opinion is as valid as yours. So back off.

Back off? If it was you that was being charged and condemned by the social media without a shred of proof, then you would very much welcome the likes of JD and myself.

The RTP gave the original DNA samples to the Headman to keep in his fridge. He supplied the DNA samples to the RTP for the media to 'prove' his son was innocent. This has been reported, and I'm nor going to troll back for proof. Up to you, believe it or not. But if anyone still believes that the B2 are guilty watch this re-enactment scene. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-suspects-reenact-4370944

The DNA test was a paternity test carried out by 4 institutions not licenced for criminal DNA matching.

It was paid for by a private individual and therefore he is the only one entitled to see the results.

As the result was not part of the investigation why was a senior policeman present?

What was the comparison made against?

Did the RTP release evidence from an ongoing murder investigation to a private individual??

Why, and is it legal?

You have stated that obviously /therefore he was the only one entitled to see the results.

Obviously that is pure speculation (another conspiracy theory) on your part.

If you answer your own questions, I am sure you can find an answer that doesn't require a conspiracy.

I have never seen a report stating that the crime scene DNA was stored in the headmans fridge.

I have seen the reenactments

• Like 1

ake it you haven't lived here long to believe such crap?

Back off? If it was you that was being charged and condemned by the social media without a shred of proof, then you would very much welcome the likes of JD and myself.

and if was you that was being charged and condemmed by the RTP without a shred of proof (as the prosecutor has returned the case regarding the B2) then you would very much welcome the likes of me and hundreds of others.

• Like 2

I have never seen a report stating that the crime scene DNA was stored in the headmans fridge.

JD - it came out in more than one report on this latest test that samples were kept in the headman's fridge. Of course it could be untrue, and I accept that. But it could also be true, and logical given the crime scene location.

JD - it came out in more than one report on this latest test that samples were kept in the headman's fridge. Of course it could be untrue, and I accept that. But it could also be true, and logical given the crime scene location.

Reports where?

I think I have read all the legit news sources on the murders, and do not remember seeing what you claim. Perhaps you read it on csila?

Edited by jdinasia

and if was you that was being charged and condemmed by the RTP without a shred of proof (as the prosecutor has returned the case regarding the B2) then you would very much welcome the likes of me and hundreds of others.

Right... So now we have a point that we can agree upon. The difference in our mutual points is that the police have the evidence and you don't.

Edited by Local Drunk

"without a shred of proof"... Please send me the file forwarded to the prosecution.

The implication is that the three times rejection suggests that there is not enough proof to indict. I don't want to bat balls across with you, find someone else to hassle.

Not enough is a far cry from "without a shred of proof", in fact asking for more details is not uncommon in Thailand.

• Like 1

Fair enough!!

But the real irony is that if the two Myanmar guys are the real culprits, then the screwed up "investigation" from almost day one by the RTP, are to blame for Nomsods name will never be cleared, even if innocent.

So on one hand you are praising the work of the RTP, and on the other hand refuse to see the connection between the RTP screw-up and the blame put on Nomsod!!

• Like 1

"without a shred of proof"... Please send me the file forwarded to the prosecution.

The implication is that the three times rejection suggests that there is not enough proof to indict. I don't want to bat balls across with you, find someone else to hassle.

Not enough is a far cry from "without a shred of proof", in fact asking for more details is not uncommon in Thailand.

Okay, I rest my case. I would suggest it is probably uncommon for more details to be asked for, maybe you could provide statistics..

Right... So now we have a point that we can agree upon. The difference in our mutual points is that the police have the evidence and you don't.

Actually, no. The RTP have stated they have the evidence but the prosecutor has rejected that three times.

Okay, I rest my case. I would suggest it is probably uncommon for more details to be asked for, maybe you could provide statistics..

I have no statistics. Would a clear statement from a major law firm suffice?

http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-law-library/legal_library/stages_in_criminal_prosecution_in_thailand.php

While the Office of the Attorney General is not mandated to initiate investigations on crimes, it may instruct the Inquiry Officials to conduct additional investigation if it deems the initial investigation to be incomplete.

Edited by jdinasia

Actually, no. The RTP have stated they have the evidence but the prosecutor has rejected that three times.

No. The prosecution has asked for more. Again a far cry from rejecting the evidence submitted.

The answer to that would be political; otherwise, it would been a business as usual case for the police, regardless of the evidence presented by the police to the prosecution. Hint ... It will be rejected a fourth time. They (the Burmese) will walk and the murders will remain unsolved. It will go away.

http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-law-library/legal_library/stages_in_criminal_prosecution_in_thailand.php

While the Office of the Attorney General is not mandated to initiate investigations on crimes, it may instruct the Inquiry Officials to conduct additional investigation if it deems the initial investigation to be incomplete.

That's very informative, thanks. The implication is that the three times rejection suggests that there is not enough proof to indict.

The answer to that would be political; otherwise, it would been a business as usual case for the police, regardless of the evidence presented by the police to the prosecution. Hint ... It will be rejected a fourth time. They (the Burmese) will walk and the murders will remain unsolved. It will go away.

I am not as sure. There's enough on the line to push it through to a conclusion imho. I expect a verdict. I am not sure if it will be guilty or an acquittal.

Thai prosecutors and Thai police work hand-in-hand, particularly in this case. Both groups want a conviction.

Even military brass want a conviction of the Burmese. They all essentially work under the self-appointed PM who is a general. So, it's the concerted weight of Thai officialdom, all straining to convict. I'm glad the Burmese have attorneys. I hope they and their attorneys don't wilt under the pressure. And there's still a possibility - we hear one morning the Burmese 'committed suicide.' That would provide a tidy way out for the Thai officialdom.

As for judges, well of course they're supposed to be objective, but come on, they can't help but be aware of (and affected by) the groundswell of concern for this case. They're human. It's not unheard of where a Thai judge has made a ruling he knows is not right, ...because of public or government pressure. It happened when a top judge ruled that Thaksin didn't hide assets, when it was clear to everyone he had. The judge later claimed he ruled the wrong way 'for the good of the country.' Maybe he didn't foresee (though if he asked me, I could have told him) ....his decision was actually worse for Thailand.

one thing I hope will happen.

That's very informative, thanks. The implication is that the three times rejection suggests that there is not enough proof to indict.

No.

That is simply speculation. If you were handed this case with enough to indict but not a slam dunk, would you want to be the one to risk losing?

The statements from the prosecution in the press show no such implication is possible.

Edited by jdinasia