Police coy over new probe into Koh Tao murders

webfact

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole case has been a sham since day one when a dozen police walked all over the crime scene, then the two stooges arrested to get the case finalised for the world media, are the families ever going to get any closure in this coy 3rd world justice system, I doubt it very much. And the RTP will only manage to solve the crime if they get a full and honest confession from the genuine perpetrator.

That picture alone would negate the possibility of a fair trial in any country in the world with a proper justice system.

What is it with the pictures of alleged offenders being paraded in front of the media, never seen anything quite like it in any other country.

Come one, get up to speed like the Burmese-bashers on this forum (surprised they haven't shown up on this thread yet, where are you JTJ and JDIA to spin this)!

How it works is you have a desired outcome (think "a Thai would never do this") and then with sustained and cooperative effort the evidence will eventually lead you there. Easy-peasy-Japaneasy! The re-enactments (directed), the incriminating photos like you brought up, it's all just a little insurance. Can't be too careful.

"Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders."

No it doesn't. It shows that he was not involved in any sexual misconduct.

It doesn't SHOW anything. The only people who have the DNA typing from the crime are one or a few top police brass. It would be easy for them (and would fit hand in glove with their cover-up) to make a photocopy of the Burmeses' DNA cards, and re-label them 'DNA from crime scene.' Who's going to challenge that? Is anyone going to go up to the top cop and demand to see verification?

As for Burmese officials asking for 'new crime probe' or whatever. That's easy for Thai officials to scoff off. All they have to do is put a hand on the Burmese officials shoulder and say with a grin, "don't worry, we've got everything under control. Heck, we're doing such a good job, we don't even need to share DNA info with the British observers. If the British aren't complaining, why should you? Hey, come on friend, let's go get some whiskey, I've got cartons of Johnny Walker at my house, just don't ask me where I got it from, ha ha ha."

• Like 2

"Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders."

No it doesn't. It shows that he was not involved in any sexual misconduct.

Well not quite

It shows the evidence currently to hand doesn't implicate him in any sexual involvement

(notwithstanding of course any 'manipulation' of that evidence in the first place)

Don't forget about the condom found close to the murder weapon it is intesting that Nomsod avoided being tested until after the forensics guy said they could not get DNA from the condom maybe just a coincidence .

Edited by StealthEnergiser
  • Like 2

Cowboys comes to mind! A few nights ago a car went through a road block outside Central Festival (04-11-14) Pattaya and some cowboy cop blasts off 10 or more rounds to shoot out the tyres on the stationary Honda!

With the traffic outside Central Festival the cop could have walked after the car and still arrested him because the Honda was blocked with traffic.

So, it would be safe to assume, with all the facts we have accumulated from the past, that the Thai police are somewhere between stupid and dangerous!

Stupid AND dangerous - a nasty combination.

• Like 1

Social Media? No we call that Public Outcry with an official petition to bring UK authorities into an honest investigation. All the PR and typical juvenile spin will not change the resolve of normal people to have true justice done.

• Like 2

This case really revealed to the international communities on how incapable of the Royal Thai Police. Well, its a good start at this time for them to decide whether they still want to work behind masks or be respected by the public or investors with their ethical work.

"Meanwhile, Worapan Tuwichien - the village head of Moo 1 of Tambon Koh Tao, and the owner of a bar on the island - said he planned to hold another press conference to call for justice after his son was implicated in the case by social-media users."

So I take it thats to issue more threats of legal action against people. Let him try and see how the consequences of that will really be for his precious Koh Tao money making machine, that is already grinding to a halt

• Like 2

jspill post # 28.

I can think of a Thai word that sounds like coy to describe the police.

Why are we or you waiting?

Well come along enlighten us all with your profound knowledge.

Hoy? The English equivalent would begin with C and would end in S in plural form. whistling.gif

Hmmm. Oyster, shellfish.

<Official DNA test results have showed his son was not involved in the murders> QUOTE

"Official" (like in paid) is the main word here!!whistling.gif

Haven't you missed the point? How ludicrous is it to say the lack of his DNA presence absolves him of the murder? It may absolve him of the rape, but even that may not be sure--if he did not ejaculate, would his DNA be present?

• Like 1

That picture alone would negate the possibility of a fair trial in any country in the world with a proper justice system.

What is it with the pictures of alleged offenders being paraded in front of the media, never seen anything quite like it in any other country.

Apparently you are unaware that Thailand does not have a jury system.

Many countries use the perp walk. Thailand uses reenactments

• Like 2

I have not made many comments on this subject so far as there have been thousands of comments made by other posters already, but I would like to think if there is any such thing as justice the RTP will be exposed for what they are concerning this terrible investigation, much as the previous government was for their botched rule.

I imagine there were similar botched investigations of serious crimes under the PTP and/or Democrat rule but in the nine years I have been in Thailand I don't remember another one receiving so much attention.

Is it because the RTP were expected (allowed ?) to behave in this manner before, but not now under the new government ?

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 1

"Official" (like in paid) is the main word here!!whistling.gif

Haven't you missed the point? How ludicrous is it to say the lack of his DNA presence absolves him of the murder? It may absolve him of the rape, but even that may not be sure--if he did not ejaculate, would his DNA be present?

You are missing his sarcasm, and cells other than semen have DNA.

COY.....Well I am coy replying to this , I do not want to spend 5 years in a Thai prison.So RTP do not say anything that may put you in prison .Please do not be sad . NO WORRIES. These lads are so sorry that they will kill themselves before January. No court case for you to cock up.w00t.gif