Jerusalem sees new deadly car attack

webfact

Surely the time is fast approaching when Israel will say enough is enough to the bloodthirsty murderers of Hamas and do what is needed to stop it once and for all.

Best be careful what you wish for. At the moment the conflict is limited to the Middle East. If Israel decides to up the ante, so can extremist elements among the Palestinians.This attacker was clearly very angry and prepared to die.

The US recently pathetically labelled Israeli colony expansion as "unfortunate". So too is this car attack response. Unfortunate too would be another 911 or a massacre of sitting duck ex IDF backpacking around the world.

World history is littered with examples of "too little too late." and closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

What the world lacks is a US President and admin with guts to rein in Israeli excesses before it's too late.

• Like 2

That has nothing to do with anything that I said or how much land Palestinian Arabs owned. Do you ever tire of being caught making things up? Most of the land was owned by absentee landlords in Beirut, Damascus and Cairo - not Palestinian Arabs - and there was never an independent Palestinian state. All FACTS.

From YOUR link:

Land ownership

After transition to the British rule, much of the agricultural land in Palestine (about 1/3 of the whole territory) retained under the ownership of past Ottoman landlords, mostly powerful Arab clans and local Muslim sheikhs.

So you admit it then...past Ottoman landlords, powerful Arab clans and local Muslim sheiks certainly ain't the Jewish National Fund! Thanks, UG..like getting blood out of a stone sometimes.

Notice also that you cherry pick stats for agricultural land which is only 1/3 of the whole territory of Palestine.I urge readers of the wiki link to glance a little below UG's admission to see a table demonstrating far greater Arab ownership of the other 2/3rds also.

More details here.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Palestine_Land_ownership_by_sub-district_(1945).jpg

Yet another of your myths debunked UG.

Of course you are correct, Jews owned little of the land there in the common era during the time we refer to. However, the notion that previous Arabs or Muslims owned the land does not constitute a Palestinian State, nor does it translate into Palestinian lands, per se. Yet at the close of WWI this land no longer belonged to the Arabs as a result of the war. It was for the new landowners to do as they wish, and they choose the mandates.

It can be argued that the lands should never have been passed to the allied powers but this argument fails as the precedent is timeless. At the creation of the state of Israel - I don't know the numbers- it would not surprise me that local Arabs personally owned more land privately. But of course this is irrelevant, as the land was ceded by agreement to the Jews, and the "Palestinians" would have the other side of the Jordan.

That Palestinian locals held more land may demonstrate a fact, but it dose not constitute a vital piece of information.

You seem over enamored by Prof Eugene's flawed legal approach to the Mandate. I'll address that more fully in a couple of days, if its not considered off topic. No time now ...travelling again tonight.

• Like 1

That has nothing to do with anything that I said or how much land Palestinian Arabs owned. Do you ever tire of being caught making things up? Most of the land was owned by absentee landlords in Beirut, Damascus and Cairo - not Palestinian Arabs - and there was never an independent Palestinian state. All FACTS.

From YOUR link:

Land ownership

After transition to the British rule, much of the agricultural land in Palestine (about 1/3 of the whole territory) retained under the ownership of past Ottoman landlords, mostly powerful Arab clans and local Muslim sheikhs.

So you admit it then...past Ottoman landlords, powerful Arab clans and local Muslim sheiks certainly ain't the Jewish National Fund!

As usual you try to divert or deny when caught in - yet another - obvious lie. You have been busted over and over again posting falsehoods. I said that most of the land was owned by absentee landlords in Beirut, Damascus and Cairo - and I proved it with YOUR link. There was never an independent Arab state called Palestine and very few Palestinian Arabs owned land. The Jewish National Fund has nothing to with anything that I said.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Not sure about that as what would replace them would likely be even worse.

Jahafil Al-Tawhid Wal-Jihad fi Filastin, Jaysh al-Islām, Islamic Jihad and its al Quds Brigades, various possibilites.

Arguably, Islamic Jihad has been gaining ground in Gaza in recent years and challenging Hamas.

Example 1 (April 2014)

Example 2 (September 2014)

Example 3 (August 2014)

It seems to be a predictable pattern cropping up in history, that once militant organisations build up more of a formality and professionalism, they begin to be perceived by some (or many) domestically as having become 'suits', having lost touch with their 'roots', going soft and being open to compromising (which is often perceived as selling out in order to consolidate their positions and lifestyles). Israel for some reason portrays the situation in Gaza as being Hamas and Hamas and Hamas. Hamas is the strongest military force there, but it has attempted to crack down on some of the other militias to appease 'cessation of hostilities' phases, with little success.

Being the overlord in Gaza, Israel has expected Hamas to take full blame and responsibilty when it cannot keep unruly off shoots under control, just as it expects Abbas to take full blame and responsibility on those occasions when his forces fail to keep the plethora of militant organisations in the West Bank from kicking off. Both Fatah and Hamas have become to be seen in each territory as suits who have been corrupted by money and power, losing touch with the earthy jihadi roots of blood sweat and tears. I suspect that given what we're witnessing in Sinai, there are even more hardcore Islamists operating in or around Gaza that make Hamas look like a puppy. It could well be that the recent conflict with Gaza only went so far because total destruction of Hamas would be to offer the throne up to one of these other organisations. It could well be that as bizzare as it may sound, Hamas is no longer the most hardcore Islamist on the block.

The pythons portrayed the rivalry best :