AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd gets charged with attempting to procure a murder

webfact

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd gets charged with attempting to procure a murder

MELBOURNE: -- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd will appear in New Zealand's Tauranga District Court this afternoon charged with attempting to procure a murder.

The charge was laid after police raided the drummer's home on the Tauranga waterfront at Matua this morning.
He is also charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of cannabis and threatening to kill.

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has been questioned by police.

Police said a 60-year-old man would appear in court today.

Police searched Rudd's Tauranga home this morning.

Rudd is the only Australian-born member of the band. In 2003, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the other members of AC/DC.

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/acdc-drummer-phil-rudd-gets-charged-with-attempting-to-procure-a-murder-20141106-11hs1u.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-11-06

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd on New Zealand murder plot charge

(BBC) The drummer of the heavy metal group AC/DC, Phil Rudd, has been charged by New Zealand police with attempting to arrange a murder.

Mr Rudd, who was born in Australia, will also face charges of possessing the drugs methamphetamine and cannabis, and of threatening to kill.

The musician's house in Taraunga, on New Zealand's North Island, was raided on Thursday morning.

AC/DC is due to release a new album later this year.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29928698

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-06

Not sure if this has already been reported, but it hasnt been a good year for Acker-Dacker -

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29439423

Angus aka the World's Oldest Schoolboy, still seems healthy despite a chain-smoking habit that doesnt seem to stop for anything other than sleep and onstage aerobics. I liked the live album they put out with Bon all those years ago, but now it's a bit like U2 or the Stones - far too predictable for my tastes.

• Like 1

AC/DC drummer charged with murder plot in New Zealand

WELLINGTON (AFP) - The drummer with legendary rock band AC/DC, Phil Rudd, was accused Thursday of trying to hire a hitman to kill two men after police raided his luxury New Zealand home.

Police swooped on the veteran rocker’s waterfront house at Tauranga in the North Island in the early hours and charged him with "attempting to procure murder" and threatening to kill.

They also charged the 60-year-old with possessing methamphetamine and cannabis after allegedly finding the drugs in his property, Tauranga District Court was told.

Court officials confirmed Rudd, a long-time member of one of the world’s highest grossing bands, was granted bail and ordered to reappear on November 27.

He looked tired and tousled as he appeared in court shoeless and wearing a baggy grey jumper, with his lawyer unsuccessfully arguing that media should not be allowed to take images of him because they just wanted to capture his client "at his worst".

He was not required to enter a plea during his brief appearance but court documents reveal he is accused of trying to organise a hitman to kill two men in late September, although judge Louis Bidois suppressed the identities of those involved.

Rudd, who has played on hits including "Dirty Deeds Done Dirty Cheap" and "Highway to Hell", refused to comment after leaving court and was driven away in a silver Mercedes Benz.

Under New Zealand law, attempting "to procure any person to murder any other person" is punishable by up to 10 years in jail, while threatening to kill can attract a seven-year sentence.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-11-06

Dirty deals done dirt cheap?

I'm annoyed. Why did I not think of that first?????????????? Love it! But with Amphetamines and now the NZ Police he's is definitely on the "highway to hell"

As stated a few posts back I was in such haste that I mis-quoted and had to be picked up by iReason. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. That's how fast I was....I was typing and barely thinking I so badly wanted to be first in ;)

• Like 1

Dirty deals done dirt cheap?

I'm annoyed. Why did I not think of that first?????????????? Love it! But with Amphetamines and now the NZ Police he's is definitely on the "highway to hell"

As stated a few posts back I was in such haste that I mis-quoted and had to be picked up by iReason. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. That's how fast I was....I was typing and barely thinking I so badly wanted to be first in wink.png

thumbsup.gif

UPDATE:

Attempting to procure a murder charge against AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd withdrawn

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd's charge of attempting to procure a murder has been withdrawn.

Rudd appeared in Tauranga District Court in New Zealand on Thursday and was also charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of cannabis and threatening to kill.

Rudd's lawyer, Paul Mabey, QC, said on Friday afternoon that the Crown solicitor withdrew the charge after a meeting with Mabey and police.

"The decision to charge Mr Rudd was made by the New Zealand Police without consultation with the Tauranga Crown Solicitor," he said.

The Crown Solicitor said there was insufficient evidence to justify the charge and had withdrawn the charge, Mr Mabey said.

The Crown Solicitor's office confirmed the charge had been withdrawn.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/music/attempting-to-procure-a-murder-charge-against-acdc-drummer-phil-rudd-withdrawn-20141107-11ij16.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-11-07