Why are so many properties for sale FULLY FURNISHED ?

Most properties I see on TV are offered for sale fully furnished. That seems strange to me that people would not have valued furniture they would want to keep where ever they may live next. Or, is it possible these people are moving out of Thailand (or have died)?

I think of my furniture as very personal choices and have sentimental value and paid extra to bring it to Thailand when I moved here. That was also good because I got a house with no furniture (but many great built in cabinets).

I can think of the obvious ideas such as people wanting to buy all new stuff, but likely they are moving into a fully furnished place with some other person's taste in decorating. I am loathe to think all the folks are dying, but departing Thailand is good news to me.

So, property experts, why are so many properties for sale fully furnished?unsure.png

I had the same question some years ago, now i totally understand it.

Buy a new empty house and build some extensions and you will find out all the stresss/problems it gives.

You need construction company's for that, that's the problem.

Also go into Homepro or Homeworks and you will understand it. Go in the weekend! biggrin.png

It is because Thai people leave the house before 7 am to go to work, come home at 7 pm and in the weekends they want to rest or go to family to party.

Everything you buy has to be delivered, so you need to get a permit for that truck to enter the moobaan, that takes like 20 minutes at the office. Then the delivery will call you many times to change the date/time...so you will have to wait all day. Then the stuff is damaged or missing or wrong model. Then those guys will damage the paint or garden so you need personell for that again....and so on....

Much easyier to buy a fully furnished house. sabaai sabaai.

"Fully furnished" quite often means kitchen cabinets, bathtubs, toilets etc. Things that are attached to the building. It may or may not include sofas, tables, beds. etc. depending on the meaning of the term as understood by the person writing the ad.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

OP sorry are you for real. Most Condos , I mean the ones purchased for investment (dumb investment) are for rental purposes.... Seriously don't get close to understanding your OP.....You think farang here want to rent an unfurnished condo.

For heavens sake....

• Like 1

OP sorry are you for real. Most Condos , I mean the ones purchased for investment (dumb investment) are for rental purposes.... Seriously don't get close to understanding your OP.....You think farang here want to rent an unfurnished condo.

For heavens sake....

You think Thais want to rent a furnished condo?

Take a look into a condo most Thais live in, bare bones, some dont even have beds, just rice mats on the floor.

"Fully furnished" quite often means kitchen cabinets, bathtubs, toilets etc. Things that are attached to the building. It may or may not include sofas, tables, beds. etc. depending on the meaning of the term as understood by the person writing the ad.

Is that the same as fixtures and fittings

For heavens sake....

You think Thais want to rent a furnished condo?

Take a look into a condo most Thais live in, bare bones, some dont even have beds, just rice mats on the floor.

The OP mentioned fully furnished Condos......these in main are for farang...... That's why they are furnished

i just bought a house in another country & got it fully furnished. if yall seen the furniture & how well it matches the house it would be obvious why i wanted it fully furnished.

people are time poorer now more than ever.

furniture can be purchased hugely discounted when purchasing for multiple residences.

furnished premises are much easier to rent out than unfurnished & allow the landlord to even rent out the premises between 1 night & permanently.

Prices in BKK are crazy and ridiculous. One bedroom condos in some locations up to 8m baht, because they give "free furnishing"?? Uhhh... Done some deal with a sofa and bed supplier and think the price can go up double? typical Thai approach.

Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 1

One reason they leave the furniture is its junk

I looked at 1 house, as a rental the furniture was ok, as an owner occupier not so good

It would cost money to remove unless you found a Thai that wanted it

The down side is you wait all day for him to come

This is from experience facepalm.gif

One reason they leave the furniture is its junk

I looked at 1 house, as a rental the furniture was ok, as an owner occupier not so good

It would cost money to remove unless you found a Thai that wanted it

The down side is you wait all day for him to come

This is from experience facepalm.gif

looking at "1 house" is indeed a lot of experience whistling.gif

i [not so] humbly beg to differ. fully furnished means all furniture, window drapes, kitchen utensils, cutlery, crockery and in most cases a TV. for the construction period of our home we looked at more than two dozen rentals (houses and condos) which were all fully equipped as mentioned above.

Tax purposes. Furnishings are taxed at a different rate than buildings so they can overvalue the furnishings and save (cheat?) on tax.

A tiny saving at best in most properties as the furniture is unlikely to be more than a small part of the sale price.

And the Land Office valuation will be applied anyway, even if someone does declare their Index bedroom suite as being worth half the sale price of the property. So in practice there will probably be no saving to be made at all.

Convenience?

If I'd sold up back home and wanted to come and buy a palce in Thailand, I think it's good that some of these properties are offered fully furnished. You can just move in with out the hassle of having to buy furniture.

Of course for those that are moving with furniture then buying a place fully furnished problem wont apply to you anyway.

Tax purposes. Furnishings are taxed at a different rate than buildings so they can overvalue the furnishings and save (cheat?) on tax.

A tiny saving at best in most properties as the furniture is unlikely to be more than a small part of the sale price.

And the Land Office valuation will be applied anyway, even if someone does declare their Index bedroom suite as being worth half the sale price of the property. So in practice there will probably be no saving to be made at all.

little do you know whistling.gif

little do you know

Any more meaningless comments?

For heavens sake....

People like to buy a place with WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE inside. It is because many people have no idea of decoration and they want fast, easy and NOW! If a person is not planning on staying a long time you really do not want hassles.

Maybe some prefer to not go shopping and leave design to whoever and the other reason is that they could not be bothered moving the stuff and buying new is more appealing when the re purchase again.

this is now becoming very similar in many countries especially buying NEW. It also makes small spaces appear bigger and easier to sell

It also makes small spaces appear bigger and easier to sell

Yes, this definitely applies to sales of new condos here. Some of these rooms are tiny.

In new builds the supplied fittings also look much more expensive than they really are, thus making people think they are getting good value. There will be a huge market for replacement laminate flooring and replacement kitchen units in a couple of years, as the supplied stuff mostly just wont stand up to any daily use for long.

little do you know

Any more meaningless comments?

sorry, can't beat your ridiculous comment "the land office valuation will be applied".