Kao Tao: Cheapest 'fun' diving?

alt

• 2 weeks later...

I had forgotten about this thread.

I had hoped it wouldn't derail but alas, not possible! One post seems to suggest i've some sort of a connection? Check out my other posts, we're going travelling in LOS for a few weeks next month... infact i've been in touch with some members via PM and they are assisting us up North.

I just thought someone may know of particular deals going on if bulk dives were bought.

For what it's worth, i'll be avoiding Phoenix Divers this time as I know they are connected to AC bar, I have no interest in giving them my money given recent events.

If anyone wants to recommend a particular company for qualified divers, please let me know!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Most shops offer packages. A ten dive package is 700 Baht a dive. For quality kit and small groups I send people to Masterdivers. They have good feedback on Tripadvisor.

Sent from my Full AOSP on Rk29sdk using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Trying to get on-topic for a change:

Dear OP,

you say you both are experienced divers, and at the same time you give cheapness your highest priority. I am an MSDT myself (next level after instructor for those who don't know), so my word on this topic shouldn't be completele bs, should it?

Well, didn't they teach you in one of the very first lessons, that safety is the first and foremost consideration in diving? And can you, being so wise in your mid twenties, not fathom that safety and cheapness are opposing concepts? How does your experience make up for badly serviced gear? Even if you brought your own gear, don't you rent tanks at least? Don't you breathe the air of that cheap compressor set up in that cheap hut next to the electricity diesel generator? Can you trust the tank valve, or the o-ring? Do you check their emergency oxygen set on board? Can they set up a fast and reliable rescue chain in case of emergency? Do you get a knowledgeable, risk aware dive guide who gives a good and complete briefing BEFORE getting on the boat and again BEFORE entering the water?

If you think all those points don't apply to "experienced divers" anymore, go ahead and risk your health and life and that of your friend for a few Baht spared.

Trying to get on-topic for a change:

Dear OP,

you say you both are experienced divers, and at the same time you give cheapness your highest priority. I am an MSDT myself (next level after instructor for those who don't know), so my word on this topic shouldn't be completele bs, should it?

Well, didn't they teach you in one of the very first lessons, that safety is the first and foremost consideration in diving? And can you, being so wise in your mid twenties, not fathom that safety and cheapness are opposing concepts? How does your experience make up for badly serviced gear? Even if you brought your own gear, don't you rent tanks at least? Don't you breathe the air of that cheap compressor set up in that cheap hut next to the electricity diesel generator? Can you trust the tank valve, or the o-ring? Do you check their emergency oxygen set on board? Can they set up a fast and reliable rescue chain in case of emergency? Do you get a knowledgeable, risk aware dive guide who gives a good and complete briefing BEFORE getting on the boat and again BEFORE entering the water?

If you think all those points don't apply to "experienced divers" anymore, go ahead and risk your health and life and that of your friend for a few Baht spared.

Someone needs a hug :)