pirelli on kawasaki 300

skilled

From the same place you can also get Pirelli Sport Demons for about 5500B the pair. More for touring and general road use so less sticky than the Rosso IIs. Still very good though, probably better in the wet and will last a bit longer.

They also now do Pirelli sport dragons (only for the Asian market) More budget tyres at only around 3500B for the pair. I've heard good and not so good things about them but I'm sure they are still far better than IRC stock tyres.

is there anybody who has had experience w those tires?

There are many websites that review these tyres just google it. I have Pirelli Sport Demons on my Ninja and they are great. I know people with Rosso IIs and all say they are great. I've met people with the Dragons who say they are fine, though I read online somewhere that they are only marginally better than stock IRCs. Saying that, if money was a problem then I wouldn't hesitate in getting the Dragons. I know many many people who say the stock IRCs are terrible and I wholeheartedly agree with them, fine at first but start to go off pretty badly and are down right scary in the wet.

As far as I know the IRC IZ003 are race tyres, Thai guys say they are great but I wouldn't know where to get them. Pirelli Showpow on Onnut do a good service, they will put them on and balance your wheels while you sit and watch them, a 5 year warranty to boot. Just get Pirelli you wont be disappointed.

im not sure whether getting the demons or the Rosso II ...

It really depends on your skill set. If you are going to be riding only in the dry or high speed around corners then get the Rosso IIs. If you are going to use your bike in all conditions then get Sport Demons, they will grip very well when leaned over as well. Either way both are very good tyres and will improve your confidence.

rosso2s are better in every way than demons and price difference is a mere 3000 thb. just one league up.

rosso2 s are radial most importantly and offers great grip therefore confidence, acceleration and safety and they last long too. can last 15 k km on a ninja300 easily.

their wet performance is also very very good.

it is a no brainer if you have budget and dont mind extra performance.

still, demons also do the job better than stock and many tires around.

Edited by ll2

So are you saying the demons are better in the wet than the Rosso? The demons are 5500 right?

I would say they are as they have more tread pattern. LL2 is mostly right, the Rosso IIs are a better tyre, softer rubber with more grip which is why they are more expensive. The Sport Demons will last longer though. It's really up to you. Go read some reviews online and make your own choice.

They are not doing the Sport Demons anymore, just the Dragons. I have the Dragons on my Z250 at the moment, they are OK, but the Rosso IIs are a lot better as they are radial and not cross-ply like the Dragons, I will get them put on next.

I have had to run the Dragons about 2 psi under the recommended pressure, otherwise the rear tyre was slipping in corners. They handle OK now, and are good in the wet, but definitely going back to the Rossos.

On the CBR250 and RVF400 I was getting around 8000 km out of a Rosso rear tyre, but the front I got 15,000+.

They are not doing the Sport Demons anymore, just the Dragons. I have the Dragons on my Z250 at the moment, they are OK, but the Rosso IIs are a lot better as they are radial and not cross-ply like the Dragons, I will get them put on next.

I have had to run the Dragons about 2 psi under the recommended pressure, otherwise the rear tyre was slipping in corners. They handle OK now, and are good in the wet, but definitely going back to the Rossos.

On the CBR250 and RVF400 I was getting around 8000 km out of a Rosso rear tyre, but the front I got 15,000+.

Really? I bought my Demons about 6 months ago. If that's the case 'Skilled' you should get the Rosso IIs.

is it really " a new world " when using Rossos on the kawasaki 300 ?

it always feel like a new and better motorcycle once you put premium tires like rosso2s:)

best mod you can get for a bike is premium tires.

rosso2 is a tire used at some racing series as standard around the world.

LOL i see.

the thing is im really paranoic with this tires the kawasaki 300 has now because last week i was in the bridge in rama 4 only going at 30 kmh and the bike slipped ( it was raining) fortunately nothing happened to me .

thats why i wanna invest in the best tires available