The wettest Loy Krathong?

Chiengmaijoe

I've seen the odd thunderstorm during Loi Krathong but never seen such persistent rain as this. In fact I don't think I've ever seen such persistent drizzle for a long time, Loi Krathong or not. It certainly has dampened spirits a bit and as a result it's been a lot quieter than usual, which isn't such a bad thing. Let's hope it eases off for the big parade tomorrow evening.

• Like 1

It was well publicised that the letting of the lanterns skywards,near airports, could result in a fine, or persons receiving the death penalty,which sounded a bit over the top. So what's the estimate of lanterns that made a flight ?

Also we were led to believe that all airline flights had been cancelled, well 3 planes flew overhead ,ex CNX ,at at our place on the Bangkok flight path between 6-6-30 pm and seemingly little after that.

With the rain I guess Loy Krathong, so far this year has been a fizzer,real shame as the traditional aspects of Loy Krathong are one of the more enjoyable festivals.

I always tell our OS friends come in November, enjoy LK, it never rains bah.gif

We have some friends out from Oregon they felt right at home.:) Never do I remember a Loy Kratong with so much cool rain.

Still we all had a blast, made the best of it, lunched a few lanterns and ate lots of street food. Not as much (to me) fun as Songkron but a close 2nd.

Happy Loy Kratong to all!

It seemed the crowds were far less this year with all the rain. We had prepaid reservations for dinner, or else I would have cancelled, and there was very little traffic going home, in fact the bridges were open to vehicles.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter much, as it goes on for multiple days anyway. Tonight is the big night and weather looks okay. But due to the rain yesterday I think Saturday will also be just fine to float some krathongs.

So I scheduled the family Loy Krathong for tomorrow, otherwise it interferes withe the Loy Kroh Loy Krathong tonight.

Chiangmai joe..........The wettest Lou Krathong?

​You're not infallible after all biggrin.png

And apparently another above "lunched" on some kratongs. Delicious !

Autocorrect or fast typing, who knows??

Predictive text can be annoying, especially if it's going to make people think that I'm not infallible! It could have been worse.

http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/13603/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-dyacs-first-year/

At least I could sleep last night. Usually there are bombs going off constantly until 3 in the morning.

I always leave CM around LK for this reason. Looks like this year might have been worth staying for.

Last night was like a war zone, The meth zombie sociopaths were blasting bombs till dawn.