'Hi-Low' Gamblers caught in Central Pattaya

webfact

“Hi-Low” Gamblers caught in Central Pattaya

dice-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday, 7 suspected gamblers were caught at a rented apartment in Central Pattaya, playing the popular dice game “Hi-Low”.

Police received reports of excessive noise coming from the apartment and it was thought that gambling was taking place at the location so officers converged on the location and caught the 7 people, 6 men and 1 woman, playing “Hi-Low” for money.

Gambling is illegal in Thailand, therefore Police confiscated dice, a game-board and an unspecified amount of cash and took the items into evidence.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/153906/hi-low-gamblers-caught-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-07

What a complete waste of time, when the police should be out on the roads stopping all the stupidity happening there. Fancy wasting our time to read how clever they were to catch 7 people in a private house!!

I agree. If people are stupid enough to gamble away the house and home it's a personal problem not a legal problem.

They are all there by choice.

The " unspecified " amount of cash was probably some 1 to 2,000 B among 6/7

" Gamblers " ! These guys are very good at rounding up UNARMED housewives,

day laborers. etc., who put up no resistance but, those " rounding up " skills diminish when facing, as in down South, people who, potentially could resist you to death !

• Like 1

I think the original report to the police was for excessive noise coming from an apartment .

I have read on here recently what a pain in the arris it is to be living next to noisy neighbours.

Maybe if the people involved had kept the noise down they would not have got caught.