Wire cheese slicer

ThaiBob

Yeah, this is a beauty and I have one like this that I've had for many years. I got mine at one of the places where they sell the nice blond wooden products so you might google to find places that carry these items. Not many of the regular shops have them but some (i.e., Index, I believe) do. A shot in the dark would be the large kitchen store across the street from Royal Garden Plaza - sorry to not know the name. Villa Market also has a kitchen gadget section that may be worth checking out as well. Good luck and best wishes.

Roger

Any cheeseboards that I have seen locally have been rubbish with thin wire that breaks too easily. I have a couple like the one pictured that I bought in a 99p store in Scotland. One works well, the other is getting fixed soon thanks to raro and the guitar string fix!

Hand held cheese cutters have been seen at Tops and (I think) Villa. The Norwegian style is best.

post-35874-0-74717300-1415426037_thumb.j

But these ones, similar seen at Friendship and Big C, are rubbish.

post-35874-0-41974400-1415426070_thumb.j

This is the best one I have, bought in Asda back home.

post-35874-0-43417700-1415426096_thumb.j

Thanks for the helpful replies. Friendship, and the restaurant supply stores do not have cheese slicers of any type. I will try Central but if that fails I will be in Bangkok in a few weeks. Really surprised with all the cheeses from all over the world available here that one of the most basic utensils is so hard to find. Remember I want to cut large block cheese and the hand held models is not what I want.

Edited by ThaiBob