Prayut has everything to lose in a 'secret meeting'

Lite Beer

good luck

yingluck

Good luck bereaved families of farmers driven to suicide by Shin lies and families of those murdered by unpunished hired thugs.

Rubbish reply, farmers always been suicidal who ever tuns the country

Off topic post. Couldn't find any news item more likely to let him say his "I love Yingluck" bit, for the day. And some men will always trust woman with a pretty face, no matter how many times you warn them, Happens all the time with bar-girls. Just read thai visa. "A bar girl ran off with my money." Beauty is only skin deep. Remember that. Just saying!!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

I don't like anarchy, I don't like military coups nor juntas and I don't like martial law. I don't like too much about the current PM or the way he achieved his post/goal. BUT; To suggest that he nor his ministers should not visit a country in case people think they might meet with Thaksin or any other undesirables is way off base. It would be like my wife telling me I can't go to a pub because somebody she doesn't like MIGHT be there. Please... Give me a break.

Why not be more transparent and meet Thaksin and hammer out a deal with both sides not losing to much face.

It's a fact that the Thais are still very supportive of the shins and that support is here to stay so maybe a compromise could be reached and tone down the tension .

How about because he is a convicted criminal fugitive with 15 more serious outstanding charges in the courts awaiting should he be brave enough (doubtful) to return. He has a 2 year sentence already, plus time for absconding.

What sort deal would you suggest? A blanket amnesty whitewash perhaps? They tried that, and it was a fact that Thais, for once wouldn't tolerate such deceitful behavior from their corrupt politicians,

Shin support is based on being able to grease palms and false promises. Many have wised up,

I would suggest that for all the elites, their power base rests upon the ability to - let me put it more delicately than you did - help their 'friends'.

Those with a power base and their elite/military friends are (in this regard) no different from Thaksin and his friends.

good luck

yingluck

Good luck bereaved families of farmers driven to suicide by Shin lies and families of those murdered by unpunished hired thugs.

Rubbish reply, farmers always been suicidal who ever tuns the country

Yes, your reply is indeed rubbish.

How many farmers were driven to suicide by PTP's failure to pay, despite the repeated promises (lies) and Yingluck's personal vow (a lie)? Do a little research.

I take it from your silence you agree with the second comment.

• Like 1

They may not have physically met since the Coup but I'd say they are still talking. Thaksin is still a very influential man and any chance of a new constitution will need his backing either through words of support of total silence . If he speaks out the whole thing will start again

By not stirring things up against the Junta , he will be blameless if the next 12 months of drafting a constitution turns into a fiasco. How ironic if after the Junta PTP win in another landslide , which they will

Methinks they doth protest this a little too loudly.

It's clear - and not uncommon knowledge in media circles, including one would imagine, the editorial writer in a paper that is known to be in bed with reactionary forces - that conversations with Thaksin have both taken place and are ongoing. Neither heavily manipulated and politicised faux convictions (the reason for the endless but idiotic criminal fugitive rants) nor the Orwellian removal of his name from history books will change the fact he still has massive support in Thailand, especially in the north and in parts of BKK.

Where is all ths "common knowledge" to be found?

Obviously you seem to have a greater knowledge of what it going on that 99% of the Thai people.

Would you care to share it or is it all in your mind perhaps?