Benzene Additives For 91 Octane

Upcountry

Posted here for the widest possible audience.

I'm looking for feedback about Nitrox "Hot Shot" Power Boost, which is available at Big C, as a way to burn 91 in my car that requires 95.

It is touted as a cleaner but also a booster with regular usage. If it contains alcohol, it won't help. I don't know if it does, yet.

Of course it's a hassle to do this, and greatly increases the cost of a fill-up, but would be cheaper than repairs or conversion to natural gas.

Posted here for the widest possible audience.

I'm looking for feedback about Nitrox "Hot Shot" Power Boost, which is available at Big C, as a way to burn 91 in my car that requires 95.

It is touted as a cleaner but also a booster with regular usage. If it contains alcohol, it won't help. I don't know if it does, yet.

Of course it's a hassle to do this, and greatly increases the cost of a fill-up, but would be cheaper than repairs or conversion to natural gas.

Add a percent or two of nitromethane to the gas when you fill up. Should give it a bit of boost... :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitromethane

N2O is another option - feed straight into the air intake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide

The negative side effect is that either one of them is likely to reduce the lifespan of your engine...

Ling

Nitro or N2O is hardly what we are looking for. We don't need boost, we need a fuel we can use. Some people, myself included have vehicles that REQUIRE 95 and CANNOT use the crappy stuff they call Gasohol (it buggers up the fuel system and injectors).