Reentry at Sadao or Padang Besar with Multi Non-O

I would like to do a border run to either Sadao or Padang Besar because I'll be in Songkhla for a few days. This will be my first time doing so and I have a multi entry Non-O visa based on marriage. In the search results I saw posts from August where people were required to spend the night in Malaysia before reentering. Is immigration still requiring this or can I just exit Thailand and stamp in/out of Malaysia and return immediately? Also, are there any documents or other required information that I'll need to bring in addition to my passport with the affixed visa? Please advise.

Sadao/Danok is still an issue. The immigration officers at the booths wouldn't entertain me (even though I was re-entering on a Multiple Non-B with Work Permit) and sent me to the office. Two mafia looking guys, in the office, tried to extort me. I didn't give them any money and the police officer at the desk eventually stamped my passport but I certainly won't be going there again.

Friends of a friend (with Multiple Non-Bs/WPs) recently tried to re-enter, with their visiting family, at Sadao/Danok. They were quite willing to tell the two Non-B/WP holders to stay outside for one night but after explaining they needed to go back to work, they gave them permission to enter back in. However, the elderly family members, hoping to re-enter on a visa exemption, were told to stay in Malaysia for one night. The two Non-B/WP holders had to make the obvious decision to stay with them and they all re-entered the following day.

I think the money is drying up at the Sadao/Danok border and now it's a headcase as a result. Stay away from that border.

My friend (Filipina) recently did her 3-month at Pedang Besar. Went without a hitch except the officer asked for 100-baht on exit. Not ideal but certainly a better deal than the Danok border.

I will exit/re-enter at Pedang this weekend. I'll make sure to post the outcome. Wish me luck!

• Like 2

Sadao/Danok is still an issue. The immigration officers at the booths wouldn't entertain me (even though I was re-entering on a Multiple Non-B with Work Permit) and sent me to the office. Two mafia looking guys, in the office, tried to extort me. I didn't give them any money and the police officer at the desk eventually stamped my passport but I certainly won't be going there again.

Friends of a friend (with Multiple Non-Bs/WPs) recently tried to re-enter, with their visiting family, at Sadao/Danok. They were quite willing to tell the two Non-B/WP holders to stay outside for one night but after explaining they needed to go back to work, they gave them permission to enter back in. However, the elderly family members, hoping to re-enter on a visa exemption, were told to stay in Malaysia for one night. The two Non-B/WP holders had to make the obvious decision to stay with them and they all re-entered the following day.

I think the money is drying up at the Sadao/Danok border and now it's a headcase as a result. Stay away from that border.

My friend (Filipina) recently did her 3-month at Pedang Besar. Went without a hitch except the officer asked for 100-baht on exit. Not ideal but certainly a better deal than the Danok border.

I will exit/re-enter at Pedang this weekend. I'll make sure to post the outcome. Wish me luck!

Thanks for the info. Please post your outcome as it will help influence my decision.

Good luck!

not only that border. While it's bad for business, I must LOL about the situation.

Thai Immigration changed the rule by themselves, now they start wondering that no people are coming anymore, Bosses probably still requesting a certain "amount" and IO have to be creative to fulfill the targets.

At other borders IO create "special" VIP lines, even if there are no other travelers, certain nationalities are requested extra cash to be admitted, etc.

IMHO, IO can get a lot of cash back from travelers if they scrap the current enforced limitation on visa exempt stamp. On the other hand the changes to grant also visa exempt stamp holder a , one time, 30 day extension was a good move to keep money in the country. Just a thought to keep people coming or moving back to Thailand from other destinations.

Have you already extended for 60 days at immigration? No financial proof is needed for that.

No extension as of yet. I read that some have been restricted to one extension based on a Non-O regardless of when it took place. For example, a visa from last year with an extension would prohibit one from receiving an extension this year on the same Non-O but different entry. Even with a new visa, some were still denied a 60 day extension because they had a record of previously getting one. There's a few threads about this. Maybe it's a region 6 thing, I don't know. I don't want to use up my extension benefit now if it is, in fact, a policy to only grant one per person regardless of the timeframe it took place.

Sadao and Padang Besar would be used solely for the sake of convenience. Possibly a different border crossing in another region will prove to be less problematic? Regardless, I'm going to wait and see how fredzafsky fares in his attempt this weekend at Padang Besar.

Edited by Monkorn

No extension as of yet. I read that some have been restricted to one extension based on a Non-O regardless of when it took place. For example, a visa from last year with an extension would prohibit one from receiving an extension this year on the same Non-O but different entry. Even with a new visa, some were still denied a 60 day extension because they had a record of previously getting one. There's a few threads about this. Maybe it's a region 6 thing, I don't know. I don't want to use up my extension benefit now if it is, in fact, a policy to only grant one per person regardless of the timeframe it took place.

It is not an offical generalized practice. You should check at your local office before assuming.

• Like 1

I used Sadao just over a week ago on multi entry Non-O visa based on marriage. Nothing was said on departure, but on returning I handed my passport over at the booth and was sent to the office.

For the first time ever, I had taken a copy of my marriage certificate and my work permit, just in case. I was briefly questioned and advised it would be better for me to apply for an extension. At no point did they threaten not to admit me, but I will probably avoid using that border in future.

Thanks for the info. Please post your outcome as it will help influence my decision.

Good luck!

I made a decision in the end to go to Ban Wang Prachan in Satun. Entry/exit was very easy, only a few steps between each border.

It was a a bit of a pain to get to that border from Songkhla (I went with my friend by motorbike) but at least the views were nice. I heard there's a van going there from Hat Yai but I can't confirm that.

Perhaps I will try Pedang next time but I probably won't see that border until May next year as I'll apply for a new visa in February.

Good luck with your next border run, would be good if you could report on your journey too. It'll be good if we can get a good view on the situation in the South.

• Like 1