PM Prayut backs China's road and rail plans: APEC summit

webfact

Not sure what the Mexicans know but they have just told the Chinese to stuff their railway project in Mexico.

"Revival of passenger service

The President Enrique Peña Nieto has proposed intercity trains, the proposed projects are Mexico City-Toluca (construction began July 7 2014), the Peninsular train (Yucatán-Mayan Riviera), Mexico-Querétaro high speed train starts construction October 2014 and will operate speeds up to 300 km/h(with expansion to Guadalajara) and Puebla-Tlaxcala-Mexico City. On nov 3 2014, China Railways Construction Corporation associated with Prodemex, Teya and GHP has won the contract to build the high Speed train Mexico City-Queretaro. The estimated cost will be close to 4 billion dollars, to be finished by the end of 2017 and will be fully operational by spring 2018." WIKI

That was a quick change of plan then, one week after signing a deal. Care to clarify?

http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Economy/International-Relations/China-s-4.4B-Mexican-rail-contract-canceled

I stand corrected and thank you for the clarification.thumbsup.gif

" China has been hailed for initiating the land and sea 'Silk Roads"

Oh PLEASE how long ago was that. China is portrayed in the press at times as some technological super power , they are not. They invented gunpowder but not Guns,Too busy mindlessly letting off fireworks, hence there defeat in the opium wars. They still choose to eat rice with 2 pieces of wood 3 million years after the spoon was invented. They are about as advanced as Romania

Ever tried eating dim sum with a spoon ? I guess yes you are as advanced as it can be :) Edited by LawrenceChee

China's plans aren't necessarily the problem; it's their often poor implementation.

If you have taken the Hexia line recently in Beijing vs the Amtrak ...you might realized the redundancy of that point

Kekekeke even most of the hostess are prettier well maybe except those on the lines in Eastern Europe ...there are a few stunners with blue eyes and blonde hair.

Edited by LawrenceChee

Oh PLEASE how long ago was that. China is portrayed in the press at times as some technological super power , they are not. They invented gunpowder but not Guns,Too busy mindlessly letting off fireworks, hence there defeat in the opium wars. They still choose to eat rice with 2 pieces of wood 3 million years after the spoon was invented. They are about as advanced as Romania

So the more violent and murderous a societies are supposed to viewed as being better according to you? And the Chinese do use spoons to eat rice, it's the Japanese that use chopsticks to eat rice, and I dare you to tell us all here that the Japanese aren't technologically advanced.

Beijing was told that Bangkok backed its policy to use of the yuan as a common currency of Asia,

Since when is that a stated policy of the Thai government?

Probably since the previous signing of the Thai Baht Bilateral Currency Swap Arrangement which will expire next month.

Beijing was told that Bangkok backed its policy to use of the yuan as a common currency of Asia, the spokesman said, adding China would support business transactions in yuan to decrease currency exchange risks and costs. "They also hope the agreement on the Chinese Yuan and the Thai Baht Bilateral Currency Swap Arrangement which will expire next month, could be extended."

Having some sort of currency swap agreement has nothing to do with supporting that Yuan as the common currency of Asia. Does anyone else in Asean have an opinion on this? When was this id a floated? Why is Thailand supporting it.

This statement is clear that they would like the Yuan to become the pan Asian currency. First I have ever heard of it, and a massive statement I believe, that the Thais should consider very carefully before it is blurted out.

Considering that the Japanese are the largest FDI investors, shouldn't someone consider this issue quite carefully before blurting out blanket support.

These road and rail projects will link China with all mainland ASIAN countries and to do that there is no way to by-pass Thailand so in reality Thailand holds a good hand.

At this point these agreements will be only in principal and we have already seen the Thai side talking of linking exports, particularly rice and rubber, to any deals.

Once BRIC gets fully operational and phases out the use of the US$ in their bilateral trade and has their own equivalent to the world bank then there will be no harm in having China as a friend.

The eventual way out is thought Burma. Its cheaper to go through Thailand, but if Thailand doesnt play ball, the Chinese can exit directly to Burma. Very mountainous, but doable.

So the more violent and murderous a societies are supposed to viewed as being better according to you? And the Chinese do use spoons to eat rice, it's the Japanese that use chopsticks to eat rice, and I dare you to tell us all here that the Japanese aren't technologically advanced.

A spoon is for soup in China, not rice.

How long before it will be mandatory to teach Chinese in Thai schools?

You asked the question. I'm going to say about 4 years. China is on it's way to being the #1 world economic powerhouse. Too bad it will be at the expense of the environment and the other countries of the world.

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

A spoon is for soup in China, not rice.

So its easier to eat rice with 2 sticks is it ? I suppose it is if you hold the bowl in front of your gob and shovel the rice in like a chimp , is that what you do ?

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

I dare to tell you the Japanese the same as the Germans are only "Advanced" due to the billions of dollars pored in after the war. A war in which Japanese were fighting to the Bushido code , bayoneting to death captured civillians and defeated soldiers in there 1000s . read aboulthe rape of Nanking clever &lt;deleted&gt; and tell me the Japanese are advanced and why

I dare to tell you the Japanese the same as the Germans are only "Advanced" due to the billions of dollars pored in after the war. A war in which Japanese were fighting to the Bushido code , bayoneting to death captured civilians and defeated soldiers in there 1000s . read about

the rape of Nanking and tell me the Japanese are advanced and why , none of which they have apologized for

How are your points relevant to the topic ? Looks like you work up wrong and feel like a bit of bashing

Try using 2 chopsticks (they don't just come in wood...Korean have stainless steel ones ) and stick it up your nose ....feel better ?

Get some KFC and cheer up ;p

Edited by LawrenceChee

How are your points relevant to the topic ? Looks like you work up wrong and feel like a bit of bashing

Try using 2 chopsticks (they don't just come in wood...Korean have stainless steel ones ) and stick it up your nose ....feel better ?

Get some KFC and cheer up ;p

You might be right mate , I worked for 3 years in PRC and I'll admit it hasn't improved my opinion of them. Wasn't me who brought up the Japs though ;0)

Edited by ExPratt

Very soon. The Thai Government have a not well known program since 2012, for elementary schools to hire no native, not certified, Thai/Chinese speakers, paying very badly...about 6000/month for full time. The same program for English speakers...10000/month.

You asked the question. I'm going to say about 4 years. China is on it's way to being the #1 world economic powerhouse. Too bad it will be at the expense of the environment and the other countries of the world.

According to FORBES.....China is already the #1 world economic power....and Chinese is learned in the US in some private schools.

EBOLA is not the biggest problem. Looks like the PANIC that the US Government is getting looking at the new world's economy...is very contagious...and only to westerners.

Panic might spread even more if Russia starts changing its strategy as per last speech of Mr Putin:

http://www.infowars.com/putin-to-western-elites-play-time-is-over/