Multi level carpark Phuket airport

Pollywaffle

Can anyone enlighten me as to the status of the new carpark at Phuket Airport please? Last night I saw cars parked and driving in there. The usual carpark has been blocked for almost all (if not all) cars and I saw in the news that they have done this for the Asian beach games.

As there is no walkway yet, it seems that it is a bit of a hike to get from the new carpark - and if it is raining? or you have baggage? Hmmmmm!!!

Thanks

Open, have just come from there now. There is a free courtesy van downstairs, so park on any level, head down to the entry/exit, and they send you to the terminal.

I'll post photos later on the other topic running in the Phuket news section

That's very good to hear - thank you SVB

• Like 1

Open, have just cone from there now. There is a free courtesy van downstairs, so park on any level, head down to the entry/exit, and they send you to the terminal.

On the positve side - could this "courtesy van" be the first ever "free" thing on Phuket - ever? biggrin.png

• Like 2

Looks deserted on the photo's, was there enough empty space inside?

Yeah, plenty. biggrin.png

First couple of levels were pretty full, I got directed up to the 3rd level as I was in a larger vehicle.

There is a Ladies parking zone down one end of the first or second level, forget which. Looks like the Ladies Parking section at Central Festival - pink barricades everywhere and a lady in uniform looking rather indifferent as I drove past.

Didn't have much time to mention when I posted the photos earlier (I was sitting in a traffic jam) - but there are attendants posted around the place as you drive in - the first chap was very helpful as I entered through the main gates. Told me where to drive, mentioned that there was a courtesy van & how to use it, and directed me where I needed to go. There were several attendants at various places outside and adjacent to the entrance & exit areas.

Someone has put some thought in to this.

And there are security guards everywhere

All in all a plus. I have to fly to Myanmar next week, so I might take advantage of this and leave the car there overnight.

Well done AOT/Phuket Airport!

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
because I couldn't decide whether "Lady's" or "Ladies" was more proper like
  • Like 1

First couple of levels were pretty full, I got directed up to the 3rd level as I was in a larger vehicle.

There is a Ladies parking zone down one end of the first or second level, forget which. Looks like the Ladies Parking section at Central Festival - pink barricades everywhere and a lady in uniform looking rather indifferent as I drove past.

Didn't have much time to mention when I posted the photos earlier (I was sitting in a traffic jam) - but there are attendants posted around the place as you drive in - the first chap was very helpful as I entered through the main gates. Told me where to drive, mentioned that there was a courtesy van & how to use it, and directed me where I needed to go. There were several attendants at various places outside and adjacent to the entrance & exit areas.

All in all a plus. I have to fly to Myanmar next week, so I might take advantage of this and leave the car there overnight.

Lets see how long to good experience will last.

Wait until all the places are picked up by taxi's minibuses etc.

Looks terrific. It's 200 or 250 THB a day?

Might do that when we go to KL or HK soon. Cheers for the pics!

• 2 months later...

This thread is a bit dated but has anyone used the parking garage lately? Is it full of taxis or possible to get a space at a 7 30 am arrival?

And prices still 200/ 24 hrs?

Thanks in advance

Used it a couple of times in the past month - most recently last week.

Not full either time. A few weeks ago at 6am, it was nearly empty.

Price is still 200 baht for 24 hours.

The only issue I have is that there is lack of signage directing you to the car park. When you enter the airport, be prepared to make an immediate sharp left hand turn where there are some traffic cones setup and the pavement is torn up. This will lead you to the car park. If you miss that turn, you'll need to go all the way past the terminals, exit, then re-enter.

There also seems to be a "shuttle bus" - actually what looks like a tourist minivan with a small AOT logo. Driver was nice and called out to us when he saw us walking out of the car park toward the terminal. Upon exiting the minivan at the terminal, we were just about knocked over by the hoard of immigration officers scrambling to get on the bus at the end of their shift.

Very good assessment and spot on! I've actually missed the sharp left turn before and had to circle around again.

The car park is an amazing addition to the airport. Two thumbs up.

P.S. The AOT mini van "shuttle bus" to the airport drops off and picks up outside the Burger King at the airport. It waits for passengers at the bottom of the car park to bring you to the terminal.

Edited by CeltNYC

I haven't checked, (because I cannot park until I check), but is there parking for high vehicles in this new car park?

The police have started clamping vehicles who park on the public road outside the airport. Although I'm the volunteer police guy at the airport, (and visit perhaps a dozen times each day), I am not allowed to park inside the airport boundary. Since my pick-up has tall radio antennas on it, I don't want to drive to the new multistorey car park, only to find that it is height-restricted and yours truly causes a massive traffic jam behind me :)

I guess I need to park way off from the airport and walk in to inspect/check.

Open, have just cone from there now. There is a free courtesy van downstairs, so park on any level, head down to the entry/exit, and they send you to the terminal.

On the positve side - could this "courtesy van" be the first ever "free" thing on Phuket - ever? biggrin.png

I'm sure there is a tip receptacle mounted near the driver

"I'm sure there is a tip receptacle mounted near the driver" - and if you don't "tip" you are threatened, and possibly assaulted.

Maybe, best to "tip" this "free" service. biggrin.png

"I'm sure there is a tip receptacle mounted near the driver" - and if you don't "tip" you are threatened, and possibly assaulted.

Maybe, best to "tip" this "free" service. biggrin.png

Why the need to ridicule this? Do you really think you're funny?