Fees for sending money abroad from Bank Of Bangkok... or other banks here

I asked the teller in Bank of Bangkok today, but she couldn't really speak English.

I'd like to transfer money to a Chinese bank account, any ideas what the fees are?

Bank in Ireland its a straight 33EURO on each end.

Just wondering if it's a flat fee or % of the total.

Cheers

Maybe not what you were asking but I am in Taiwan and I sent 18000 baht from the Bangkok Bank here (I have an account too) to my friend's Bangkok Bank account in Thailand just last week. They only charged me the day's rate and 300nt (320baht) to send and no charge on my friend's end. (I do have Taiwan permanent residency though and without that, the charge would have been 600nt/640baht).

But compared to sending it over via the banks here as I did before, so much cheaper (approx. 800-900nt), less information to fill out, only 5 mins. in the bank doing it with the form filled out beforehand, and best of all, no 3 day wait and in the Thailand account be 5pm Thailand time the same day!!

Couldn't be happier with them and very pleasant !!

Edited by mushroomdave

have found that western union fees can be a lot less than than bank fees when wiring funds. eg; wire 10000 baht west un about 300 baht fee while bkk bank 1200 baht fee.

many central department malls have free standing west un kiosks.

have found that western union fees can be a lot less than than bank fees when wiring funds. eg; wire 10000 baht west un about 300 baht fee while bkk bank 1200 baht fee.

many central department malls have free standing west un kiosks.

Western Union gets you on their low exchange rate....call it their indirect/hidden fee. The direct fee is the worm on the hook just to catch the fish.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe not what you were asking but I am in Taiwan and I sent 18000 baht from the Bangkok Bank here (I have an account too) to my friend's Bangkok Bank account in Thailand just last week. They only charged me the day's rate and 300nt (320baht) to send and no charge on my friend's end. (I do have Taiwan permanent residency though and without that, the charge would have been 600nt/640baht).

But compared to sending it over via the banks here as I did before, so much cheaper (approx. 800-900nt), less information to fill out, only 5 mins. in the bank doing it with the form filled out beforehand, and best of all, no 3 day wait and in the Thailand account be 5pm Thailand time the same day!!

Couldn't be happier with them and very pleasant !!

Are you going to send more in the future? Contact me biggrin.png I need funds from bkk to tw. I have online banking, we can do instant transfers, save you fees.

I was 1600 Baht from TMB to the UK.

Which Chinese bank? The Bank of China has branches in Bangkok, Si Ratcha and Rayong. My wife has an account with them. We get Yuan from Superrich and pay it in, then her niece draws it out in China with her ATM card, no fees involved.

May be worth thinking about if a regular thing.