German's Wallet Snatched by Thai Man in Pattaya Beer Bar

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of the most accusatory finger "points" I have seen in a long time. This is a man with practice or just a natural born pointer.

I think he is of the U.K. breed of the famous five-legged pointer

just ask any Thai their opinion about many Germans here. you will get an ear full

Hilarious this one...'breaking news'..I am guessing that this happens at least once a night in Pattaya but without any reporting by the victim...it had to be a German of all people to appear as openly gay paying for sex (although probably not a lot looking at his 'date's' appearance) in the local newspaper!

What are you prejudice against Germans now? I am German and it doesn't matter what sexual orientation someone has . Fact is theft is theft end of.

Seriously?

Think The Germans are pretty decent in general

Hey Big White Warrior,

I am German, too, and here's my prejudice:

Germans make a principle out of any peanuts.

1,600 THB in advance for a sex night (whatsoever), is that really worth all the trouble?

Hi ,

I know what your saying and yes you have a valid point about the peanuts 555. I haven't lived in Germany for over 25 years. But when I see some tourists here or in the UK I can see why some folk do get a strange impression about Germans. I just don't like generalisation as we are all individuals .

;-)

Leave him alone all he wanted was someone to cuddle up to at night. Eventually he would have been ripped/pulled off one way or another.

1,600THB in his wallet, had he paid his bar bill at the time of theft? what is the going rate for an old looking male manwhore (not that I really want to know).

No one likes like to be robbed but I know that personally I would not want to have my picture in a paper in these circumstances (man or woman) not over 1,600THB.

Especially so with a username such as yours !biggrin.png

Mr Joachim,s anger is not the stealing of his wallet but the loss of his "companion" for the evening giggle.gif

No with 1600 baht he was gonna book him for a month and still have 500 baht change to buy him noodles between workouts.Never mind theres plenty more fish in the sea,or at least people that smell like fish on beech road.

You guess he had been drinking. I would bet you a billion dollars he was drinking. What is a foreigner to do without his booze in Pattaya. And yes the cops are laughing daily as am i.

In the early hours of the morning many bad things happen . I guess he'd been drinking and what a squinney little rat the Thai man is for a homosexual encounter .

Police must laugh at some of the situations foreigners get themselves into .

Yes, I know that it was wrong and that it is theft, but I fear that Mr. Peter Joachim will be regretting his choice for a long time to come.

It still amazes me that a relatively small incident like this is reported the way it is, showing visual ID of the victim and his name for verification.

Lesson would be to think twice about reporting crime and sorting the situation out yourself. That is not a recommendation BTW.....................wink.png

The boy aged 25 cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Must have had a hard life.

I suspect Herr Joachim may be new to Pattaya

When u agrée to live in Pattaya,witch is the end Of the line(terminus)for farang look for sex,This is the trash Of sex torism custommer..But This is not excuse for What happen to This one.bcz here there is a lawless Country mean no police enforce.

This is the price to pay When u r looking for cheep Life.

This Guy is lucky to have happy end Of his bad expérience.

but When u go cheep destination,u collect these kind Of expérience.

This is the risk you take when you mix with low lifes. However, this does not mean that the theft is jusatified. It is still illegal and the police should fulfil their function of enforcing the law no matter how small the amount. Make an example of the man and their is less liklihood of it happening again.

Somehow I doubt it. This will not be the first time and it certainly will not be the last.

Many Thais in the coastal resorts of Pattaya and Phuket have an extreme disdain for farangs that they see as imposing on their territory even if they have come to rely on the money the tourists and ex-pats bring into the region, as many of these farangs have transformed these areas into cesspools of crime and a western adult playground having no respect for Thai culture whatsoever. The attitudes of farangs either resident of visiting Pattaya is that anything goes, wear what they like, act how they like and very often will try to gain footholds by remaining in those areas illegally, purchase land and property illegally and run illegal businesses that most often runs high resentments among the Thais.

These coastal resorts of Pattaya and Phuket can no longer be regarded as safe holiday destinations for farangs and better off avoided.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, I know that it was wrong and that it is theft, but I fear that Mr. Peter Joachim will be regretting his choice for a long time to come.

It still amazes me that a relatively small incident like this is reported the way it is, showing visual ID of the victim and his name for verification.

Lesson would be to think twice about reporting crime and sorting the situation out yourself. That is not a recommendation BTW.....................wink.png

Why would he regret it ? I would not regret it if a bar girl stole my money and i came in the newspaper. Small price to pay to get the person punished.

I was thinking a little bit wider Rob. And it was only thinking. What if he was a bank manager, diplomat, vicar, priest?

What if he was a father, what if his dear old mum is still alive?

Regret comes in many forms. And as for his sexuality, it really doesn't matter if the robber was a him, her or shim, the article denotes that he was paying for sex.

Although I have nothing to hide, I always believe that what happens in Pattaya should stay in Pattaya. Unless of course it is a serious crime. To be brought to the public's attention for the sake of 1,600 baht? Come on........................blink.png

Why would he regret it ? I would not regret it if a bar girl stole my money and i came in the newspaper. Small price to pay to get the person punished.

I was thinking a little bit wider Rob. And it was only thinking. What if he was a bank manager, diplomat, vicar, priest?

What if he was a father, what if his dear old mum is still alive?

Regret comes in many forms. And as for his sexuality, it really doesn't matter if the robber was a him, her or shim, the article denotes that he was paying for sex.

Although I have nothing to hide, I always believe that what happens in Pattaya should stay in Pattaya. Unless of course it is a serious crime. To be brought to the public's attention for the sake of 1,600 baht? Come on........................blink.png

What's wrong with paying for sex? Because it is legal in Germany it has kept the rape crimes down. Surely that's a god thing right ? And making prostitution legal for example in the u.k. has been long overdue!

I can't believe this was waiting for me in my inbox. I thought there must be more to the story that there was.

Is it because he is gay? If so that's homophobic.

Is it because he is a poor straight peasant who would rather steal his wallet than suck a German sausage? If that is the case I would choose the theft option.

It is wrong to post this all over the internet. maybe Somchais family or mates will read it - how embarrassing.

makes no difference he is still a scumbag thief, poor or not is not an excuse, same goes for a women, and if his mates see it tough shit

1600 paltry baht and now the possibility of this expose'news reaching family and employers back in the home country. Who knew he liked a fling with the young fellows when he is a way from home.

People have been blackmailed with less.

Well now I am just confused , apparently it is just us Farangs that are responsible for any crime in Thailand. Ok thinks I , just visit non tourist Thailand , no crime or hassle whatsoever.

But wait , surely the moment I set foot in this Utopia I will corrupt it beyond redemption , my Farangness a wicked plague on the earth.

How have the 'wise ' ones amongst us avoided this curse , is there any hope for us mere mortals ?