German's Wallet Snatched by Thai Man in Pattaya Beer Bar

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know that it was wrong and that it is theft, but I fear that Mr. Peter Joachim will be regretting his choice for a long time to come.

It still amazes me that a relatively small incident like this is reported the way it is, showing visual ID of the victim and his name for verification.

Lesson would be to think twice about reporting crime and sorting the situation out yourself. That is not a recommendation BTW.....................wink.png

Why would he regret it ? I would not regret it if a bar girl stole my money and i came in the newspaper. Small price to pay to get the person punished.

I was thinking a little bit wider Rob. And it was only thinking. What if he was a bank manager, diplomat, vicar, priest?

What if he was a father, what if his dear old mum is still alive?

Regret comes in many forms. And as for his sexuality, it really doesn't matter if the robber was a him, her or shim, the article denotes that he was paying for sex.

Although I have nothing to hide, I always believe that what happens in Pattaya should stay in Pattaya. Unless of course it is a serious crime. To be brought to the public's attention for the sake of 1,600 baht? Come on........................blink.png

i forgot how many bigots there are in the world Thaivisa has proven that once again. Its full of old guys who dont mind paying young thai females for sex but if its gay sex its so bad.

I feel people don't have to be ashamed of their sex life. Now that this guy was German also does not seem to sit well with many of the English club here. What a sad bunch of people, im happy i was raised open minded.

If the guy was a viccar it would be a normal thing to go with a guy but usually younger as history has proven. Religion the poison of the mind, loves to put down those who are different. Just wait guys till you are the one that is different.

P.s Chris post is aimed in general not you. I get what your saying that many people are bigots and that you can loose your job or friends for loving a different gender.

I am 100% straight but was raised liberal without religion so i dont judge about these kind of things easily.

The pating for sex... i read so often that guys on Thaivisa pay their much younger partner a salary or buy them a house... that is paying for sex too.

Prostitution is normal it has always been around i see no shame in it. Where i come from its even legal.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, I know that it was wrong and that it is theft, but I fear that Mr. Peter Joachim will be regretting his choice for a long time to come.

It still amazes me that a relatively small incident like this is reported the way it is, showing visual ID of the victim and his name for verification.

Lesson would be to think twice about reporting crime and sorting the situation out yourself. That is not a recommendation BTW.....................

Why would he regret it ? I would not regret it if a bar girl stole my money and i came in the newspaper. Small price to pay to get the person punished.

I was thinking a little bit wider Rob. And it was only thinking. What if he was a bank manager, diplomat, vicar, priest?

Regret comes in many forms. And as for his sexuality, it really doesn't matter if the robber was a him, her or shim, the article denotes that he was paying for sex.

Although I have nothing to hide, I always believe that what happens in Pattaya should stay in Pattaya. Unless of course it is a serious crime. To be brought to the public's attention for the sake of 1,600 baht? Come on........................

What's wrong with paying for sex? Because it is legal in Germany it has kept the rape crimes down. Surely that's a god thing right ? And making prostitution legal for example in the u.k. has been long overdue!

Personally, I have no problem with it. I don't do it now but I certainly have in the past. No regrets there.

However, I believe it should be a private transaction between two consenting adults.

My initial point was that was it worth being thrown into the public domain for 1,600 baht? Would it not have been better to have the news as "A German tourist........" and leave it like that?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Lesson would be to think twice about reporting crime and sorting the situation out yourself. That is not a recommendation BTW.....................

Although I have nothing to hide, I always believe that what happens in Pattaya should stay in Pattaya. Unless of course it is a serious crime. To be brought to the public's attention for the sake of 1,600 baht? Come on........................
i forgot how many bigots there are in the world Thaivisa has proven that once again. Its full of old guys who dont mind paying young thai females for sex but if its gay sex its so bad.

I feel people don't have to be ashamed of their sex life. Now that this guy was German also does not seem to sit well with many of the English club here. What a sad bunch of people, im happy i was raised open minded.

If the guy was a viccar it would be a normal thing to go with a guy but usually younger as history has proven. Religion the poison of the mind, loves to put down those who are different. Just wait guys till you are the one that is different.

P.s Chris post is aimed in general not you. I get what your saying that many people are bigots and that you can loose your job or friends for loving a different gender.

I am 100% straight but was raised liberal without religion so i dont judge about these kind of things easily.

The pating for sex... i read so often that guys on Thaivisa pay their much younger partner a salary or buy them a house... that is paying for sex too.

Prostitution is normal it has always been around i see no shame in it. Where i come from its even legal.

"I am 100% straight but was raised liberal without religion so i dont judge about these kind of things easily"

Exactly the same as you Rob in that respect. But my point was should the guy (victim) have been named when the subject is about theft and not his sexual preferences, which through the reporting have the potential to label him for the worse with people that perhaps aren't as liberal with their views?

"I am 100% straight but was raised liberal without religion so i dont judge about these kind of things easily"

Exactly the same as you Rob in that respect. But my point was should the guy (victim) have been named when the subject is about theft and not his sexual preferences, which through the reporting have the potential to label him for the worse with people that perhaps aren't as liberal with their views?

True i often forget others judge a lot more as me about this stuff. I am lucky to have mainly young Dutch clients under 30 and they also dont judge so im not exposed to this.

But yes this could wreck him as i now realise seeing the comments gere.

What a shock another crime in Pattaya. The most dangerous crap hole in Thailand if not the world. Did the German learn something from this experience ? Likely not. There will be millions more behind him . Sorry no sympathy from me. Agree with CC he must have gone to pointing school or more likely this is not his first time. Question: Was his wallet in his back pocket ?

"The most dangerous crap hole in Thailand if not the world"

You may not have been around much. There is no way it is the most dangerous nor the worst crap hole. I have seen many worse places.

As usual, people bandy these ideas and descriptions about without really understanding the place.

Wow!! a crime takes place and the town has to be slagged off. Crime takes place almost everywhere, as does prostitution.

On the other hand we see reports of people being re-united with their lost money / wallet / goods, does this still mean it is the crap hole of the world or that there are also many good people here?

As to the German's preferences, Not my cup of tea. "Up to him." Give me a beautiful woman anyday.

• Like 2

As hilarious as this is due to that lead picture alone, it should be noted that an earlier report report (and the Thai language one) say nothing about a beer bar agreement gone awry:

Original story (weirdly this precious newspaper prevents cut and paste from their website, so I hope mods will permit the link):

This says that the purported gigolo in this story ran a booth near Central Festival, spotted the German and decided to rob him. It makes no mention of a bar (or the sheer blind desperation a man would have to be in to engage the services of a scruff like this.)

If this is in fact the case, the German might have a pretty good case in a Thai libel court. Regardless there is no reason why this incident should have been given such prominent coverage in this Pattaya newspaper, with a photo and identification of the victim, unless one of their editorial policies is to go along with Pattaya police "naming and shaming" debauched farang.

Edited by Rimmer
Forbidden link removed

I am not sure why this made the news...as it is a daily occurrence...the only difference is the police catching the male prostitute culprit...

Could be the Thai guy is new to the Pattaya trade...does not understand that interacting with the police Before going on the prowl will be best for his future earnings...

• Like 1

As hilarious as this is due to that lead picture alone, it should be noted that an earlier report report (and the Thai language one) say nothing about a beer bar agreement gone awry:

Original story (weirdly this precious newspaper prevents cut and paste from their website, so I hope mods will permit the link):

This says that the purported gigolo in this story ran a booth near Central Festival, spotted the German and decided to rob him. It makes no mention of a bar (or the sheer blind desperation a man would have to be in to engage the services of a scruff like this.)

If this is in fact the case, the German might have a pretty good case in a Thai libel court. Regardless there is no reason why this incident should have been given such prominent coverage in this Pattaya newspaper, with a photo and identification of the victim, unless one of their editorial policies is to go along with Pattaya police "naming and shaming" debauched farang.

Or...they made it public to assure the tourists that the police is doing something when bad things like this happen . I always found the thai attitude to be ... live and let live...so I don't think that they made this public because of someone's sexual preference .

Lesson would be to think twice about reporting crime and sorting the situation out yourself. That is not a recommendation BTW.....................wink.png

So if a bar girl stole your money.....you would jack off in a newspaper ???blink.png

You heard—it's a small price to pay to get the person punished.

So if a bar girl stole your money.....you would jack off in a newspaper ???blink.png

We are not all prudes ashamed of our sex life. I could not care less if someone saw a picture with me and a bar girl knowing I paid for sex.

Yes, most of us wouldn't bother if it was a bar girl. But that chappie can in no way be described as a bar girl

So why would people have to be ashamed of being gay.. ? Seems your a bit old fashioned or have some prejudice.

Where's that triple-like button? [Wipes eyes]

To be fair to the future Joachims who may one day happen upon this thread after googling grandpa, I think it is pertinent to reiterate my earlier post -- the original report on this said nothing about a tryst gone wrong, but rather that the Thai guy has a shop stall in the area, saw the farang and decided to rob him. A Thai report said the same. This is the only report to claim the gay beer bar angle and you'll notice in the one photo on the Pattaya One website he's bent down showing something on the footpath. There is no bar pictured or really any detail at all about that claim. The other stories have the robbery taking place near Central Festival, which is also the location given for these shenanigans.

And, really, all questions of story consistency aside, let's just think logically here: if you looked like the Thai guy in this story would you put your noodle money on selling sex?

Pattaya One really needs to revisit their (or perhaps create) ethical guidelines. This would be lawsuit-worthy material in many countries, and might well be here too. More than that it just stinks of police playing, "Let's embarrass the drunkard farang." And Patt One shouldn't want any part of that kind of effort.

I wouldn't to revive this thread which would otherwise likely die, but I think it's extremely shady reporting on the part of Pattaya One and might be part of an even wider trend that could result in future cases that are equally as undeserved.