David Moyes

Jockstar

Moyes named Real Sociedad manager

11 November 2014 Updated 00:31 GMT

David Moyes full interview

Former Manchester United boss David Moyes has been named as the new manager of Spanish club Real Sociedad.

It is the 51-year-old's first job since he was sacked as United manager in April after a 10-month spell in charge.

Moyes replaces Jagoba Arrasate, who was dismissed by Sociedad after a poor run of form which currently sees them lie 15th in La Liga.

The Scot has signed a contract to June 2016 and will take charge for the first time at Deportivo on 22 November.

Sociedad announced the appointment late on Monday in a statement on their website.

"Real Sociedad have reached an agreement with David Moyes," it read.

"Details about the official presentation of Real Sociedad's new coach and who will form part of his technical team will be published tomorrow [Tuesday] morning."

Good for him and I expect you will see his new club start to climb up the table as his old one will start to go down theirs after this coming weekends results, as they could well be 12th on Monday

More likely to see them go down the table with the team looking bewildered by his 1980's style training sessions and tactics.

Can't wait to see who the big physical lump it is that he buys. Will he stick a Fellaini syrup on his head?

Good for him and I expect you will see his new club start to climb up the table as his old one will start to go down theirs after this coming weekends results, as they could well be 12th on Monday

there are no games in the premier league this weekend so I very much doubt it.

wish him luck, he seams like a nice guy but was sadly out of his depth at United.

• Like 1

there are no games in the premier league this weekend so I very much doubt it.

wish him luck, he seams like a nice guy but was sadly out of his depth at United.

I meant the next weekend results but as you are such a smart arse you must be wearing the same rose tinted glasses as Van Gaal. Moyes out of his depth at Man U ? maybe but at a fraction of the cost that LVG as brought the club into - what is it 178 million and still no defence and he can only gain a mucky win against the clubs in the bottom half ?

Not much to choose from either of them I suspect and when Man U again have no European football next season, LVG is kicked out, let's see how the share price is affected.

Good luck David, nice guy and wish him all the best.

As for the new troll, lose one gain another, funny that.

redrus

Strange decision though don't you think? He's little european experience, i think its a very big gamble and only on an eighteen month contract.

As you say a decent bloke and good luck to him.

"David Moyes has not yet signed a contract to become the new head coach of Real Sociedad, Sky Sports understands.

Spanish strugglers Sociedad are understood to have been premature in their announcement that the former Manchester United manager has signed an 18-month contract with them."

redrus

Perhaps they have discovered that he left the bit about his year at Manchester United off his CV.

He had ten good years at Everton. Football people recognize that the United job was just too much of a jump. If anyones to be judges on that appointment it should be Alex ferguson. Crass stupidity from him and not surprisingly he doesn't accept the blame!! Moyes just accepted a job that no one would have turned down.

I agree - a sound manager for all but the highest pressure jobs. Shame that mid tier Prem clubs have obviously branded him as too damaged to take a risk and he is probably too proud to take on a rebuild job of say a Leeds United.

Bit strange to allege that Fergie wanted him to fail Briggsy. Yes if someone else had brought him in, but a Moyes failure did nothing good for the SAF legacy and surely he would have predicted that if he had been so ridiculously Machiavellian.

Bit strange to allege that Fergie wanted him to fail Briggsy. Yes if someone else had brought him in, but a Moyes failure did nothing good for the SAF legacy and surely he would have predicted that if he had been so ridiculously Machiavellian.

Indeed, I do seem to be alone on this conspiracy theory. However, I feel that Ferguson could not accept a successful successor and threw some subtle spanners in the works to ensure that he alone was seen as Man Utd's unparalleled managerial genius.

• Like 1

what I will say is fergie had a part in stopping mourinio coming hence giving moyes the job, mourinio wanted the job but fergie did not want a manager to eclipse him.

maybe bullshit but who knows.

The scene was set when manager, chairman and backroom staff all left at the same time.

Manager and Chairman left of their own accord.... The Backroom staff, left of Moysie's accord. He was warned against it, it bit him on the arse.

redrus

The scene was set when manager, chairman and backroom staff all left at the same time.

Manager and Chairman left of their own accord.... The Backroom staff, left of Moysie's accord. He was warned against it, it bit him on the arse.

redrus

Just the chairman and manager both was dumb really redrus.

What he did for many years at Everton, and the players he brought through on a very limited budget, is to be applauded .Mourinho,LVG etc would never even attempt to actually create a team with

limited money. He's made a very courageous move knowing that if he stayed in the UK he would be forever answering question and being judged on his time at United.

More out of work English managers should follow his lead. He has never taken a shot at United apart from his stated desire to have been given more time,for that alone he can hold his head high.

I hope he does well and what he has achieved in football is far more than most critics including the pathetic, headline hunting, tabloid scribes..

• Like 2

He will, Sparkles, he will. Believe me, I have the inside track, he was nobbled at Man U.

He nobbled himself when he got rid of the backroom staff. From that point on his fate was sealed.

It was just incredibly stupid of him.

I wish the guy luck in Spain.

• Like 1

He will, Sparkles, he will. Believe me, I have the inside track, he was nobbled at Man U.

He nobbled himself when he got rid of the backroom staff. From that point on his fate was sealed.

It was just incredibly stupid of him.

I wish the guy luck in Spain.

And don't forget to add telling our experienced defenders who have won so much to defend like Jagielka.
  • Like 1