Paying tax on money brought into Thailand

I am leaving Thailand and about to pay taxes on my salary I made here as a teacher.

I also made money teaching online that I made and brought into Thailand this year. I read the following in the Thai tax code:

Under section 41 of the Revenue Code an individual Thai citizen or foreigner who lives in Thailand for one or more periods totalling at least 180 days in any tax (calendar) year is, for tax purposes, deemed a resident of Thailand and subject to tax on all assessable income derived from sources within the country, whether paid within or outside Thailand, and on assessable income derived from foreign sources to the extent that it is brought into Thailand in a year in which income is received.

Is there any way to claim the money that I brought into Thailand on the Thai tax form? Would I need supporting documents to show this money (e.g. bank statements)?

Thanks

If you brought it in, you have already been taxed on it, or should have been. I guess it depends on what country you are from too though.

Thailand don't tax incoming money...like transferring money from your home country bank to your Thai bank.

If you brought it in, you have already been taxed on it, or should have been. I guess it depends on what country you are from too though.

Thailand don't tax incoming money...like transferring money from your home country bank to your Thai bank.

I meant the country he earned it in should have taxed it. Again, that would depend on the country though I suppose.

I am curious why you would want to declare it? Could they prove it was earned this year and not last year........

Probably not. I was just trying to do my civic duty or something I guess. It's not like I'm some millionaire or something.

I have followed a couple other threads on the subject and it seems like most people come to the conclusion that it's not worth trying to pay as it might arise suspicion and cause more confusion and trouble than good.

It is perhaps one of those Thai "laws" that is unenforceable and nearly impossible to attempt to comply without arising more suspicion and trouble and probably not worth the hassle.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

I am curious why you would want to declare it? Could they prove it was earned this year and not last year........

Probably not. I was just trying to do my civic duty or something I guess. It's not like I'm some millionaire or something.

I have followed a couple other threads on the subject and it seems like most people come to the conclusion that it's not worth trying to pay as it might arise suspicion and cause more confusion and trouble than good.

It is perhaps one of those Thai "laws" that is unenforceable and nearly impossible to attempt to comply without arising more suspicion and trouble and probably not worth the hassle.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

Don't rock the boat!!!!!!!!!!