State Railway of Thailand finally compensates train rape victim

webfact

SRT finally compensates train rape victim
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A woman who was raped in a train bed compartment by a temporary employee of the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) during an overnight trip 13 years ago, was yesterday given a cheque for Bt5.2 million in compensation from the SRT. The move follows court-facilitated settlement talks between SRT and the lady, a graduate.

The woman filed a civil lawsuit against rapist Nattapat or Ritthidech Chakkachai - sentenced to nine years in prison for his crime - and the SRT for Bt18 million plus 7.5 per cent interest until full payment is made. After the primary court in 2008 and the Appeals Court ordered both defendants to pay Bt3.2 million in compensation, SRT appealed. Recently, the parties reached an agreement, which was announced by the Supreme Court on September 19.

She said the compensation plus interest should be Bt10 million but she agreed to take Bt5.2 million in hope that the SRT would use the rest to improve its services. She also urged SRT to improve their employee-recruiting system and urged private firms or organisations to prioritise the safety of employees when they travel.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/SRT-finally-compensates-train-rape-victim-30247461.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-11

2001 train rape victim to receive THB5.2 million
By Coconuts Bangkok

sleeper.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thirteen years after a high-profile case involving a woman raped by a railway employee on a Bangkok-bound train, the Supreme Court yesterday ordered the state railway to pay compensation it promised six years ago.

The victim, whose name is withheld, will receive THB5.2 million from the State Railway of Thailand after the court brokered an agreement.

"I'd like SRT to use the money to develop train system in Thailand," she told Thairath. "The past incident was my nightmare, and I don't want it to happen with anyone else. I hope the story has become a lesson that leads to improvements."

She had previously demanded THB18 million in compensation after she was raped by Natthapat Chakchai, a SRT temporary employee on a Sungai Kolok to Bangkok sleeper train in July, 2001.

Natthapat was sentenced to a nine-year jail term in 2008, and suffering serious psychological effects from the attack, the woman moved abroad.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/11/2001-train-rape-victim-receive-thb52-million

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-11

"but she agreed to take Bt5.2 million in hope that the SRT would use the rest to improve its services."

I doubt SRT will use the other 5 mil to improve anything but their own living conditions sad.png

Edited by Dap

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

2001 train rape victim to receive THB5.2 million
By Coconuts Bangkok

sleeper.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thirteen years after a high-profile case involving a woman raped by a railway employee on a Bangkok-bound train, the Supreme Court yesterday ordered the state railway to pay compensation it promised six years ago.

The victim, whose name is withheld, will receive THB5.2 million from the State Railway of Thailand after the court brokered an agreement.

"I'd like SRT to use the money to develop train system in Thailand," she told Thairath. "The past incident was my nightmare, and I don't want it to happen with anyone else. I hope the story has become a lesson that leads to improvements."

She had previously demanded THB18 million in compensation after she was raped by Natthapat Chakchai, a SRT temporary employee on a Sungai Kolok to Bangkok sleeper train in July, 2001.

Natthapat was sentenced to a nine-year jail term in 2008, and suffering serious psychological effects from the attack, the woman moved abroad.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/11/2001-train-rape-victim-receive-thb52-million

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-11

A little late, other reports already published yesterday, saying she has already received the cheque.

Why do I get the feeling, that this lovely lady is squeezing the lemon to the last drop??coffee1.gif

Very unusual for a Thai lady!!

I also have a feeling you're spending too much time/have been squeezed from bar girls.What's up, too ugly/old to find a normal thai girl?

Edited by DA3NDORPHIN3
  • Like 2