Car falls down the black hole at Erawan Hotel Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a brand new white suzuki just 25m from my computer chair under a tarp where it's been for weeks. The owner purchased it without bothering with the usual formalities like lessons or a test, & managed to have 2 accidents like the ones above in the first week. Now she's too scared to drive it smile.png

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

There's a brand new white suzuki just 25m from my computer chair under a tarp where it's been for weeks. The owner purchased it without bothering with the usual formalities like lessons or a test, & managed to have 2 accidents like the ones above in the first week. Now she's too scared to drive it smile.png

Your comment made me think of this guy.

...onto the hotel’s glory hole.

er...seriously? Does this author even understand what they've just submitted here?

---EDIT---

Reference for those with English as a 2nd language...and a big degree of innocence in the modern world...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hole_%28sexual_slang%29

Maybe I'm giving may age away but it's on my profile anyway but when i was young a ' glory hole ' was a cupboard etc where things not wanted, needed , to be hidden etc were thrown into.

Not as exciting as current usage. Ooh I'm getting old.

Though 'things not wanted, needed, to be hidden, etc" being thrown into a glory hole could to a certain extent be applied to the current meaning of the phrase.

Well one thing anyway.

Edited by Bluespunk

Glory hole?

Really? My guess is the author does not understand the meaning of what he said.

Same for me.......I do understand the meaning of "glory hole" in the old-fashioned style and the newish sensual style, but what is a glory hole with regards to the hospitality branch?

Glory hole?

Really? My guess is the author does not understand the meaning of what he said.

Same for me.......I do understand the meaning of "glory hole" in the old-fashioned style and the newish sensual style, but what is a glory hole with regards to the hospitality branch?

I am not sure, that you really want us to answer that question!!giggle.gif

I think that the modern World has come on too soon for these people.

You can't go from 1000 years of buffalo and cart to a Modern city of 10 million cars, pick-up trucks that can do 200kph, and mini-vans that allow you to earn twice as much if you squash twice as many school children in then earn twice as much again if you go really fast and get back in time to do a second run, in one generation.

Besides, buffalo and carts were easy, these weird Western things, full of lights and sounds and buttons can go backwards if you select the wrong setting.

Too much, too soon.

There are idiots like this in every country. Youtube videos of intersections in China, and India. Videos of tunnels in Russia and dashboard cams in Russia (and everywhere else). In New Zealand they until recently even had a weekly TV program, "Road Madness" of out-takes from truck dashboard cams of dangerous passing etc. The biggest point about this news item has to be the idiot journo's absolute howler of referring to a large hotel having a "glory hole." I hear on good authority that this is NOT a recognized use of the term.

• Like 2

I think that the modern World has come on too soon for these people.

You can't go from 1000 years of buffalo and cart to a Modern city of 10 million cars, pick-up trucks that can do 200kph, and mini-vans that allow you to earn twice as much if you squash twice as many school children in then earn twice as much again if you go really fast and get back in time to do a second run, in one generation.

Besides, buffalo and carts were easy, these weird Western things, full of lights and sounds and buttons can go backwards if you select the wrong setting.

Too much, too soon.

There are idiots like this in every country. Youtube videos of intersections in China, and India. Videos of tunnels in Russia and dashboard cams in Russia (and everywhere else). In New Zealand they until recently even had a weekly TV program, "Road Madness" of out-takes from truck dashboard cams of dangerous passing etc. The biggest point about this news item has to be the idiot journo's absolute howler of referring to a large hotel having a "glory hole." I hear on good authority that this is NOT a recognized use of the term.

..............."The biggest point about this news item has to be the idiot journo's absolute howler of referring to a large hotel having a "glory hole.".....................

It's the only reason I read the op ! facepalm.gif

...onto the hotel’s glory hole.

er...seriously? Does this author even understand what they've just submitted here?

---EDIT---

Reference for those with English as a 2nd language...and a big degree of innocence in the modern world...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hole_%28sexual_slang%29

You seem to be well versed in this term, is there something else you would like to tell us???!!!