How to make your chicken taste like the "kow man Gai" Gai .?

bizzle

Hi guys

I really miss kow man Gai . Can anyone recommend a way to cook chicken in a way that makes it taste like the chicken you get with this dish in Thailand.

Is it steamed or boiled? Is there certain herbs that are used in the process ? Any ideas would be great guys

• Like 1

Big fan of the chicken rice. It's slow poached, not steamed - boil the water, turn the heat off and let the chicken cook for an hour. But the key is getting the rice right. The Thai dish is an adaption of Hainanese Chicken Rice, so you might get more/better tips searching for that.

Thanks

But why do people say "search the Internet"? If everyone did that on here there would be no thaivisa.

I asked on here as I enjoy the input of more than one person, hence creating an informative discussion.

I appreciate the link and will use it later, thanks

Great post Bizzle, I agree with you 100%.

Very Important! Take for the rice the cooking water from the chicken.

Yeah, without the fat in the rice you're not doin' it.

Yes the rice takes on the flavour of the chicken stock just like a classic Italian risotto

My friend Kit (ThAI) made a batch 2 days ago. The chicken pieces are placed in rapidly boiling water until is cooked and succulent. Keep the broth for other cooking. Served over best quality boiled fragrant jasmine rice. Couldn't be simpler and yes it is good. Try to buy the best chicken you can, Kit used local chicken that was raised in the suppliers garden. Two simple ingredients - one great result.

But seriously you have to let chicken sit out a day uncovered so flies can land on it. Then after useing bathroom and not washing your hands, Scratch butt first then cut chicken into small cubes. heat up wok a little water and bullion cube of chicken flavor throw in the cubed chicken. Don't worry if it falls on ground dust off throw in wok simmer 5 minutes next put water in pot cook some fine Thai rice hopefully some from rice scheme, while chicken simmers throw some sweet basial for added flavor couple cockroach wings and ample chilies pour over rice and there you have it. Thai style.

• Like 1