Personal loan for foreigners in thailand : Please help !

I'm looking for a personal loan without collateral.

I'm a serial entrepreneur .I've been doing business in Thailand for four years.

My monthly income is around 150 k.

Is there any bank offering what I'm looking for ? or is it possible to get this type of loan in Thailand ?

Thanks for all the helps ! :)
Adam

If you have a credit history in Thailand i.e. on file with the credit bureau

and one suspects a work permit then yes very possible

I would say if you can get a Thai national to stand surety for you may be possible

without any of the above...don't hold your breath with a Thai bank.

I know I can get one through SCB if I wanted one, but I have credit history in Thailand, a credit card, and have co-signed on mortgage for a Thai national through SCB, and financed a couple of cars as well...so my history has been built up

Well, there would have to be a steady and DEPENDABLE source of income. I've lent money before only to have people lose jobs or their source of income, then be told: "I'm sorry but we can't afford to pay you back." I've had no choice but to write off the loans. Even if you claim the loss on your income tax as a bad debt, you still only recover pennies on the dollar.

• Like 1

A bank might like to see 3 years worth of business accounts to assess your creditworthiness for a loan. In addition a detailed business plan which will amongst other things show what percentage you are putting into the project eg 50% plus evidence that you have such funds. A financier may also require you to give them a percentage of the business operation as collateral for the loan.

Depending on your personal finances, a Thai credit card is the easiest way to get unsecured purchasing power. No collateral required. And if you don't mind the high fees and interest rates (remember the loan is unsecured), you can get cash advances at ATM's with the credit card.

Op... if you find someone who's willing to land you money without a collaterals and just on your

good name, please let me who's this person, I'd like to sell him a tower in Paris and a bridge

in London, and if he has any money left, I'd like to borrow few millions from him too...

Oh that bridge in London is in Arizona now and Las Vegas has that tower But I got an island in upstate New York you can have for cheap. Even throw in the skyscrapers for free.

I have never heard of a farang getting a non secured bank loan in Thailand. Even a business loan needs to be secured by some form of collateral.

The OP may be able to get a credit card, but I really doubt he will get credit worth 2 months salary (300k). The bank may initially advertise that, but in the end I am guessing he will get less than 100k - that is if he can get a credit card at all.

Certain Thais may be able to get credit simply on their good reputation, but as a farang the OP automatically does not qualify for that.

My Bank, (BANGKOK BANK) requires a fixed deposit equal to and surety for issue of a Credit Card. Limit up to value of your fixed deposit with 22% to be paid monthly on outstanding balance. Could not really be called a credit Card but in fact you are using your own money. Only difference is it can be used instead of carrying cash in your pocket and is often necessary for Car Hire deposit etc.

I have never heard of a farang getting a non secured bank loan in Thailand. Even a business loan needs to be secured by some form of collateral.

The OP may be able to get a credit card, but I really doubt he will get credit worth 2 months salary (300k). The bank may initially advertise that, but in the end I am guessing he will get less than 100k - that is if he can get a credit card at all.

Certain Thais may be able to get credit simply on their good reputation, but as a farang the OP automatically does not qualify for that.

If you have a decent credit history in Thailand, and typically a WP getting a unsecured personal loan, is not an issue, I have been offered this facility by SCB, it has absolutely nothing to do with being a farang, its to do with your credit history and perceived credit risk that's all, the only thing they will never do is give you a mortgage on landed property in your own name, for obvious reasons

Yes business loans do typically need to be secure with collateral and you know why that is ?.....because in the case of a limited company its a legal entity "or person", the officers of the company are not responsible for this loan in their personal capacity, if the loan defaults, the company as a legal entity is...therefore if the company doesn't pay, who does the bank go after to try and recover their money ?

On the CC thing, I came here to work and had an unsecured CC from SCB about six weeks after I arrived.

Even as a foreigner, with the right documentation you shouldn't have a problem getting an unsecured credit card from a bank. Probably harder to get, but they all also offer unsecured loans or 'cash credit' as it's sometimes called. Check out Kasikorn's K-Express Cash, unsecured loan of up to 1.5m Baht.

My Bank, (BANGKOK BANK) requires a fixed deposit equal to and surety for issue of a Credit Card. Limit up to value of your fixed deposit with 22% to be paid monthly on outstanding balance. Could not really be called a credit Card but in fact you are using your own money. Only difference is it can be used instead of carrying cash in your pocket and is often necessary for Car Hire deposit etc.

I have unsecured credit cards from Bangkok Bank and TMB

bank conversation ..

Sawasdee khup khun Adam,

how may we help you ... oh ... krup ... krup .. ka ..

oh ...khun adam ..solly na , my bank cannot ... you not thai khun Adam .... solly khap.. you go soi 4 ... hab meny thai man give you money .. no pobem..