Personal loan for foreigners in thailand : Please help !

bank conversation ..

Sawasdee khup khun Adam,

how may we help you ... oh ... krup ... krup .. ka ..

oh ...khun adam ..solly na , my bank cannot ... you not thai khun Adam .... solly khap.. you go soi 4 ... hab meny thai man give you money .. no pobem..

Better get off the computer before your mummy gets back.......

• Like 2

You claim to make 150k a month (conman trying to reinforce trust) and you need a loan ?

Ever heard of savings? Dig into it...oh thats right, youre looking to default and run back to your country with the money.

Serial entrepreneurs dont ask stupid questions like this, they already know how to get the money.

I can make a few phone calls and get 20 times that amount while sitting on the toilet.

I see all the armchair Sherlocks are out in force on this thread with their petty accusations, crack-pot theories and idiotic assumptions.

Here's another possible scenario that would probably never occur to the less charitable of you keyboard cretins.

The OP has thought up a money maker that he has confidence will deliver the goods. He needs a million or, two Baht to take it from conception to reality, but, the money needed is more than his savings.

The OP asked a very specific question, not a judgement from on high from people that probably don't have the wits, or gumption to actually be an entrepreneur.

Edited by KarenBravo

I see all the armchair Sherlocks are out in force on this thread with their petty accusations, crack-pot theories and idiotic assumptions.

Here's another possible scenario that would probably never occur to the less charitable of you keyboard cretins.

The OP has thought up a money maker that he has confidence will deliver the goods. He needs a million or, two Baht to take it from conception to reality, but, the money needed is more than his savings.

The OP asked a very specific question, not a judgement from on high from people that probably don't have the wits, or gumption to actually be an entrepreneur.

The only way he'll get it easily is via a loan shark.

Expect high interest rates, shady doings and broken bones as collateral.

Locations can vary from city to city. Speak to streetwise Thais (taxi-bikers), money changers. Possibly foreigners from certain countries residing in Pattaya and Bangkok also a source.

My Bank, (BANGKOK BANK) requires a fixed deposit equal to and surety for issue of a Credit Card. Limit up to value of your fixed deposit with 22% to be paid monthly on outstanding balance. Could not really be called a credit Card but in fact you are using your own money. Only difference is it can be used instead of carrying cash in your pocket and is often necessary for Car Hire deposit etc.

I have unsecured credit cards from Bangkok Bank and TMB

One might assume that the OP is looking for a loan amount in excess of 1/2 credit cards.

The only way he'll get it easily is via a loan shark.

Expect high interest rates, shady doings and broken bones as collateral.

Locations can vary from city to city. Speak to streetwise Thais (taxi-bikers), money changers. Possibly foreigners from certain countries residing in Pattaya and Bangkok also a source.

Yet another worthless post with crap advice to someone that isn't even looking for a loan.

Op... if you find someone who's willing to land you money without a collaterals and just on your

good name, please let me who's this person, I'd like to sell him a tower in Paris and a bridge

in London, and if he has any money left, I'd like to borrow few millions from him too...

Oh that bridge in London is in Arizona now and Las Vegas has that tower But I got an island in upstate New York you can have for cheap. Even throw in the skyscrapers for free.

I have a few handfuls of glass beads if that is any good and if pushed I may be able to source the off musket or two.

My Bank, (BANGKOK BANK) requires a fixed deposit equal to and surety for issue of a Credit Card. Limit up to value of your fixed deposit with 22% to be paid monthly on outstanding balance. Could not really be called a credit Card but in fact you are using your own money. Only difference is it can be used instead of carrying cash in your pocket and is often necessary for Car Hire deposit etc.

I have unsecured credit cards from Bangkok Bank and TMB

One might assume that the OP is looking for a loan amount in excess of 1/2 credit cards.

The odds are also against someone who is a 'serial entrepreneur' having a work permit and therefore doesn't have credit cards unsecured against deposits in the bank.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a credit history in Thailand i.e. on file with the credit bureau

and one suspects a work permit then yes very possible

I would say if you can get a Thai national to stand surety for you may be possible

without any of the above...don't hold your breath with a Thai bank.

I know I can get one through SCB if I wanted one, but I have credit history in Thailand, a credit card, and have co-signed on mortgage for a Thai national through SCB, and financed a couple of cars as well...so my history has been built up

Can I get a mortgage for a condo if I have a WP? I assume without a WP its impossible. Are there any other options ie getting a mortgage from a foreign bank for a thai condo?

If you have a credit history in Thailand i.e. on file with the credit bureau

and one suspects a work permit then yes very possible

I would say if you can get a Thai national to stand surety for you may be possible

without any of the above...don't hold your breath with a Thai bank.

I know I can get one through SCB if I wanted one, but I have credit history in Thailand, a credit card, and have co-signed on mortgage for a Thai national through SCB, and financed a couple of cars as well...so my history has been built up

Can I get a mortgage for a condo if I have a WP? I assume without a WP its impossible. Are there any other options ie getting a mortgage from a foreign bank for a thai condo?

No I said you may be able to get a mortgage on a condo if you have a credit history in Thailand, but one supposes they may want a WP as well, although I never took SCB up on it they did say I could get a loan on a condo for up to Thb 10 million

i see some one rocked your boat, calling all cretins,,,,

i asked a question on the first page, what was a serial entrepreneur,, to get a smart a,s,s answer from you,,,

to be honest i dont think hes got a hope in hell, and im not a creting,,, just giving my opinion to a question asked in an open forumn,,

hows that grab you karen?

and another thing,,, there has been thousands ifnot 10s of thousands of people came here with a great ideas how to make money,,, and there has been a lot gone home with there tail between there legs, owing money,,

i got a question for you karen,, pm the person listen to his great idea,, and you lend him the money for a persentage of what he makes + your loan money back,, simple,,

next question

and another thing,,, there has been thousands ifnot 10s of thousands of people came here with a great ideas how to make money,,, and there has been a lot gone home with there tail between there legs, owing money,,

i got a question for you karen,, pm the person listen to his great idea,, and you lend him the money for a persentage of what he makes + your loan money back,, simple,,

next question

Bad day offshore jake ? LOL :D