'Thailand could become financial hub' rivalling Singapore, Malaysia

webfact

I would never trust anyone in Thailand with a large chunk of my money not even a financial institution I think Singapore is a safer bet for high finance best to keep investments and cash to a minimum in Thailand as you never know when you will be asked to leave permanently due to some new Visa restrictions or a stamp on your passport no longer welcome.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His website states that he has over 10 years experienceim financeand banking,predominantly with HSCB in various management roles. Yeah, manager of window washing and manager of get me my coffee beeeatch. And least me forget manager of where is your dog's pooper scooper. Not to mention they have a huge team working for you, 3 in all counting that loser.

Edited by ldiablo

Thailand could become financial hub' rivalling Singapore, Malaysia

This guy is a clown who might want to get some consultancy agreements with the Thai JUNTA.

The Singapore Exchange is capitalized at S$650 billion and Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar are light years away and so is certainly Thailand.

Is this a press release for the consulting company "churned" as news? Is that guy's funny looking mug relevant at all or a marketing identifier for the firm?

Too much of the journalism here is unreliable, speculative, likely corrupt, or just plain wrong. Makes great click bait for TV though. It also creates plenty of "user driven content" disputing reporting that should be fact based but rarely ever is. I digress. Just don't know what to make of this one. The headline reads like something from The Onion.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Some the abbots at various temples seen to have found ways to divert funds/launder monies, as have those in other positions who are loo0king for a cut for themselves in via the Thai banking system. When you take reported corruption figures, then question where did the money/cash go, how was it moved, where are the records , who is monitoring this, etc, I think the hub is already a given.for Thailand.

Issuing debentures makes one a borrower, not a creditor. And if a nation borrows too much, it will run a deficit budget whose economic salvation is to keep growing its GDP to cover debt service.

As long as Thailand's GDP growth remains below 5%, it will not survive borrowing strategies and will become the Hub of ASEAN Debt. Thailand's GDP growth for 2014 is about 1.5% so hitting the 5% mark in 2015 will be critical for an economic recovery going into 2016.

What a strange article. This guy whose company is three years old with 1 million baht capital, basically says he wrote some letters to some government officials in countries of the region.

I can do that.

But he beat me to it, because he had a dinner and a movie with The Nation journalist, enjoy.

I agree with your post- except the term "journalist"

This guy must be totally delusional. With the legal infrastructure in Thailand, such as regulations on capital inflow/outflow, ownership rules, restrictions on foreign employees, availability (or lack of) local talents, taxation etc etc, it is no way they EVER get close to Singapore. Malaysia is not a financial hub, maybe with the exception of Islamic banking, but it still towers over Thailand. There is no way that Thailand will get out of its comfort zone and offer what is needed to create a financial hub rivaling singapore or Malaysia. This is just empty talk for the gullible foreigners.

Thailand could become financial hub' rivalling Singapore, Malaysia

Er no it couldn't....not unless there is a fundamental shift in the whole culture of the country

I can see Singapore being very worried by this announcement.

Yeap, I bet they've pissed themselves laughing ;)

They don't particularly hold Thais in high regard down there

wow.. just, wow.... This bloke tells us how Laos and Cambodia etc all need funding to support their growth (doesn't every country?) and then tells us how advised Laos to issue debentures in Thailand's capital market rather than investing in their own growth? He skillfully manages to avoid the bit where he tells us how they followed his advice and what returns they enjoyed. Or perhaps they didn't....

Hard to find words, but let's Hubba Hubba...

Do you understand or did I stutter?
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
Did you raise up out the fxxxx gutter?
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
Do you max out Visa and Discover?
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
Baby Beesh just <deleted> my dance instructor
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
That bitch is hot like Houston summer
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
Some people call us Dumb & Dumber
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I think I'm in a little trouba
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I'm a motherfuckin damn nutta
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I'll come to your house for damn supper
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
Is my motherfuckin girl a juggler?
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I'm a motherfuckin crazy ass nugga
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I'm more like I'm a god damn chicken plucka
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Have you ever watched Jerry Sprunger?
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
In everything we say "goddamn <deleted>"
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I think I shaked her and I thing I drug her
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I think I slammed her on the damn rugga
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I think I burned my knees with that rugga
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba
I'm done, I'm done, I'm done, I'm donna
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Hehe, you forgot 3-0 butter maan
Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

"Hubba Hubba"
(feat. Baby Beesh, Rasheed)

I can see this happening. Thailand as we all know is free of corruption and possesses transparency at all levels of commerce and bureaucracy. Thailand's financial institutions are world leaders in fair and ethical trading and the workplace environment is second to none. I really think they could give this a good shake and if not be the hub, then certainly one hub of several in the elaborate world of global commerce. Come on Thailand!

The guy is looking at large commissions for talking bullshit, no country in the world as corrupt as this one can ever be taken seriously as a leader of anything on a world scale though drugs come to mind., prostitution and the best looking females in the world.

Hard to find words, but let's Hubba Hubba...

Do you understand or did I stutter?

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Did you raise up out the fxxxx gutter?

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Do you max out Visa and Discover?

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Baby Beesh just <deleted> my dance instructor

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

That bitch is hot like Houston summer

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Some people call us Dumb & Dumber

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I think I'm in a little trouba

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I'm a motherfuckin damn nutta

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I'll come to your house for damn supper

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Is my motherfuckin girl a juggler?

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I'm a motherfuckin crazy ass nugga

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I'm more like I'm a god damn chicken plucka

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Have you ever watched Jerry Sprunger?

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

In everything we say "goddamn <deleted>"

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I think I shaked her and I thing I drug her

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I think I slammed her on the damn rugga

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I think I burned my knees with that rugga

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done, I'm donna

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

Hehe, you forgot 3-0 butter maan

Hubba, Hubba, Hubba

"Hubba Hubba"

(feat. Baby Beesh, Rasheed)

Please go back on your medication, you are seriously ill but may not know this.
  • Like 1

Take a look around, HK is a Chineese Comunnist Country.

Singapore is to expensive, has to many rigid rules and laws, nor a "blue collar" worker friendly area, especially with a family. And basicly i don't believe Singapore cares one way or the other.

Bangkok has developed in infrastructure to make it possible for large multinational companies to move to Bangkok.

We have the infrastructure , need a bit of work , but viable. We have the office space and residential space, we have the transportation system. Why Not, you don't have to be able to own land to have your world wide coporeate offices in Bangkok.

The move for most companies would be easy, not far and a SE Asian Hub, in transportation and communications.

Agian look around HK and Singapore are becoming a problem and many ways for multinational companies to do business.

Think Positive of the possibilities and advantages for Thailand. It can work, and it is looking closer to reality, agian just look around.

We have had inquiries already about office avalibility, schools, housing, from these areas.

And basicly they don't give a S&*t about the Coup. Many are making plans for a future move.

Bangkok has what they need, The infrastructure, thats what counts.

Take a look around, HK is a Chineese Comunnist Country.

Singapore is to expensive, has to many rigid rules and laws, nor a "blue collar" worker friendly area, especially with a family. And basicly i don't believe Singapore cares one way or the other.

Bangkok has developed in infrastructure to make it possible for large multinational companies to move to Bangkok.

We have the infrastructure , need a bit of work , but viable. We have the office space and residential space, we have the transportation system. Why Not, you don't have to be able to own land to have your world wide coporeate offices in Bangkok.

The move for most companies would be easy, not far and a SE Asian Hub, in transportation and communications.

Agian look around HK and Singapore are becoming a problem and many ways for multinational companies to do business.

Think Positive of the possibilities and advantages for Thailand. It can work, and it is looking closer to reality, agian just look around.

We have had inquiries already about office avalibility, schools, housing, from these areas.

And basicly they don't give a S&*t about the Coup. Many are making plans for a future move.

Bangkok has what they need, The infrastructure, thats what counts.

I hope you're right - it all sounds good and all that's required is the will to make it work.

There would be no need to use the Thai Stock Exchange, it is a joke. No Checks and Ballances.

Conventiently left out when it was formed.

I am not being Raciest, just practical. It will never happen in a Muslum or Communist dominated society or country for obvious reasons.

A Wall Street area in Bangkok would be ausome, it can work!

I hate to say it but Thailand has one of the worst reputations as a country. I love it, but until they clean up the corruption (in law enforcement, politics, tourism, etc) then I don't think the country will ever be that inviting to investors other than those willing to take on a higher degree of risk. Singapore attracts investment because it is stable and predictable, there is rule of law. To me it's a very boring place, but I understand why companies and individuals feel safe about investments there.

• Like 1