Brazil police kill 'six a day'

webfact

Brazil police kill six people a day - NGO

(BBC) Brazilian police have killed more than 11,000 people over the past five years, averaging about six killings a day, a group that monitors violence says.

The Brazilian Forum on Public Safety said law enforcement agents in the US, by comparison, had killed a similar number over the past 30 years.

The report by the Sao Paulo-based body accused Brazilian police of making "abusive use of lethal force".

The study said Rio de Janeiro state had the highest per capita rate of killing.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-30015465

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-12

• Like 1

I agree, not as bad as the US. In the US they kill the homeless and street people with mental problems every day. In Brazil they are shooting criminals and drug dealers. Who cares if a habitual criminal is killed? I don't.

Again, more unfounded horse manure. Apparently, rather than killing the ones with mental problems we are sending them to other countries.

*Deleted post edited out*

Good one!

Almost as good as the young fellow from Rio I met that took umbrage with the idea that Rio was a dangerous place -- just don't go walking on the streets, he said. He then pointed out that now NYC was more dangerous than Rio because in Rio there are no people deliberately flying planes into buildings.

Enjoy your trip to Brazil, no worries as it's perfectly safe.

Big difference is the Thai cops, bent as they are, just want money. In Brazil they're also looking for 'amusement,' even middle-class people with nothing to hide fear the checkpoints and being pulled over. A 'criminal' can very well be a policeman out of uniform, and if caught there is no chance his brother officer will hinder.

Edited by Scott

Brazilian police are without a doubt the worst in the world.

They are no better than the criminals, they are mostly criminals and murderers themselves.

yes thats right, they are catholics. see >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_burned_as_heretics

Huh??? The Brazilian police are Catholics, and this is why they shoot people or the Brazilians are Catholics, and this is why the police are shooting them? I don't follow your logic. Maybe you can share with us, what on earth Catholics have to do with Brazilian police shooting so many people.