Karma and Farang

lenmaipen

I have this theory that most who believe in reincarnation have it all back-asswards.

If nirvana is having no wants, no needs, no worries, no ups and downs then,

I think humans are on the bottom of the scale...who wants or needs or worries more than humans?

I think we all start as human and then work our way through the animal world until we reach the last stage before nirvana, an amoeba!

No wants, no needs, no worries.

An amoeba must be a pretty content little one celled creature.

Humans, being human must imagine themselves as the top of the line.

I'm pulling for the simple little one celled amoeba!

post-147745-0-28967400-1415869668_thumb.

Could this be the truly enlightened one?

• Like 1

I have been reborn 11teen times, and once as a ladyboy in Pattaya. I was sent to a muay thai training camp for 11 years and learned how to fight off 8 fat white farang at once, while stealing their wallet at the same time. Luckily i died a virgin, and was then reborn the fat white guy.....I was subsequently killed by a pattaya ladyboy and finally reborn as TV troller......it is a painful death!!!!

Edited by puukao

I have been reborn 11teen times, and once as a ladyboy in Pattaya. I was sent to a muay thai training camp for 11 years and learned how to fight off 8 fat white farang at once, while stealing their wallet at the same time. Luckily i died a virgin, and was then reborn the fat white guy.....I was subsequently killed by a pattaya ladyboy and finally reborn as TV troller......it is a painful death!!!!

It's even more painful when you have to read pure crap!

Better educated Buddhists don't believe in reincarnation (or ghosts), but the doubtful hope to be reborn in the west...

Hmm, never heard that before. But that doesn't mean it's not true. Just like disbelief in reincarnation doesn't mean it's not a fact. I happen to believe in reincarnation, but who cares? Only me. Slightly off topic: I was born a "Christian," so they told me, but I'm not one.

therevada buddhism doees not teach reincarnation. It teaches Rebirth. A significant difference

What is the difference?

Better educated Buddhists don't believe in reincarnation (or ghosts), but the doubtful hope to be reborn in the west...

Hmm, never heard that before. But that doesn't mean it's not true. Just like disbelief in reincarnation doesn't mean it's not a fact. I happen to believe in reincarnation, but who cares? Only me. Slightly off topic: I was born a "Christian," so they told me, but I'm not one.

therevada buddhism doees not teach reincarnation. It teaches Rebirth. A significant difference

What is the difference?
Reincarnation = rebirth of a "Soul", like the Dalai Lama for example

Rebirth = "you", your "soul" is dead, but "you" are reborn without remembering any former existences, more like a physical law

Reincarnation = rebirth of a "Soul", like the Dalai Lama for example

Rebirth = "you", your "soul" is dead, but "you" are reborn without remembering any former existences, more like a physical law

therevada doesnt recognize the existence of a soul.

Then "you" is eternal but not the soul? Then who or what is "you?"

you is not eternal, there is no unchanging you or self. there is consciousness . we are a constantly changing process which links to another consciousness in the reborn being.

Buddhist meditation teachers suggest that observation reveals consciousness as a sequence of conscious moments rather than a continuum of awareness.[18] Each moment is an experience of an individual mind-state such as a thought, a memory, a feeling or a perception. A mind-state arises, exists and, being impermanent, ceases, following which the next mind-state arises. Thus the consciousness of a sentient being can be seen as a continuous series of birth and death of these mind-states. Rebirth is the persistence of this process.

http://what-buddha-said.net/drops/III/What_passes_on_by_Rebirth-Linking.htm

http://www.budsas.org/ebud/whatbudbeliev/96.htm

Edited by AYJAYDEE

What about if you are Muslim? Still reborn as a Thai Buddhist?

No different organization..they and Christs don't get reborn.

OK that's reassuring.

Is that also valid for atheists? I would hate to be forced into a religion in my next life.

no one is born with a religion

Do you know that according to the brain in my head If I die here I wil lbe dead and that Karma is nonsense.......the only relevant fact would be the more you piss people off the more chance you have of getting something bad happen in return from one of these people...........however this might never happen and you might live to an old age having being a little shit all your life.

What about if you are Muslim? Still reborn as a Thai Buddhist?

No different organization..they and Christs don't get reborn.

OK that's reassuring.

Is that also valid for atheists? I would hate to be forced into a religion in my next life.

yes atheists aren't reborn as well.....at least I hope so for myself....