Thai Tourism Min hopeful annual tourist arrivals will exceed 25 million

webfact

I used to be hopeful ex would pay me back some money too...

Wonder what will happen if blanket excuse of "political unrest" gets resolved (dream on, I know) and then who/what will get the blame (with no actions to correct)? Ah, farangs fault, as ever.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai Bht is 32.84 to $1 USA , is this a sign? Will it go up or Down?

shhhhh.... not so loud.....the baht might float!!!!

all these figures of 25.000.000 people coming to Thailand it does baffle the mind. thats about 68500 people a day in the year. work that figure in Planes, Immigration clearance..... at the moment the speed is 8 minutes per person. they will have queues waiting to get their passports stamped. Great start for a tourist.... THAINESS? I am aware that they will not all come through Swarnaphumi.... do the maths it still does not work out. How many border crossings, are we talking about re-entry tourists and expats to this 25 Million or does this apply only to new tourists for the year?

To me it really sounds like wishful thinking.....just like how they are so confident of winning the lottery.... only to find out the numbers were not in the same order as they gambled on. Dear Minister, I hope that this season will bring a new wave of tourists that Thailand can benefit from. But I am sorry I cannot hope along with you on the figures you project. Could you take the stand and break it down so that your fellow countrymen can also digest and profit from it...... a pie in the sky is not what we want!!!

If they can get 7mn up the Eiffel tower, then 25m to the whole of thailand is easily doable.

Don't worry though, these numbers are the screwiest ones. They count Malay and Laos visitors the same as farangs so they mean little or nothing. Daytrippers from Malaysia can make an increase.

As i said earlier - France has several bordering counties and counts day trippers too - in MASSIVE numbers.

The boys over at TAT are correct.

Was two days in Chiang Mai and saw 24.5 million Chinese which I gladly break down in categories for the TAT experts:
- the big spenders in nice restaurants with perfect table manners
- those polite queuers wherever there is need to queue

- those quite and caring visitors to temples (shoes on, girls with spaghetti shirts and no bras; latter would require a fix-a-flat first)

- the polite non-pushing customers in shops and stalls

Compared to those THB 4'500/day/person spenders the TAT had counted some 10-15 years ago - what a difference. They play the volume game which will make all those 4* and 5* places redundant and explains the poor to non-existing service level in the Thai hospitality industry these days.

I sometimes wonder, what those clowns at the TAT smoke - mind boggling idiots.

Right I'm new to posting on here

I often read some of the comments posted by members

I have to say I am gob smacked as to how many of the same sad people constantly are having there in put into the most irrelevant discussions possible

They all seem to know everything about Thailand

Constantly slag Thailand off, the people, the roads, the price of Chang, etc etc etc

Here's one for you, if it's that bad then just do one back to your homeland or is it that you was that unpopular there you come to Thailand for your only chance of any female company

You reply to posts immedietly after they are posted. Sad people

You are all quality tourists/ expats as always being mentioned by yourself and everyone in pattaya/ phuket from Africa etc are not up to your standard

Because you all pay taxes and pump trillions into the economy living off you pensions and life savings

Living in your rented 10000 baht a month rooms all these crap topics Aswell like the on the other day- when is the right time to buy a tractor

What the <deleted> is that

Why would any one ask such a stupid question and why is there so many replys to that crap

Please if Thailand gets you down so much just do me a favour and p2?! Off or keep your mouth shut on here

Been drinking have we ????

Right I'm new to posting on here

I often read some of the comments posted by members

I have to say I am gob smacked as to how many of the same sad people constantly are having there in put into the most irrelevant discussions possible

They all seem to know everything about Thailand

Constantly slag Thailand off, the people, the roads, the price of Chang, etc etc etc

Here's one for you, if it's that bad then just do one back to your homeland or is it that you was that unpopular there you come to Thailand for your only chance of any female company

You reply to posts immedietly after they are posted. Sad people

You are all quality tourists/ expats as always being mentioned by yourself and everyone in pattaya/ phuket from Africa etc are not up to your standard

Because you all pay taxes and pump trillions into the economy living off you pensions and life savings

Living in your rented 10000 baht a month rooms all these crap topics Aswell like the on the other day- when is the right time to buy a tractor

What the <deleted> is that

Why would any one ask such a stupid question and why is there so many replys to that crap

Please if Thailand gets you down so much just do me a favour and p2?! Off or keep your mouth shut on here

"Here's one for you, if it's that bad then just do one back to your homeland"

Clearly a newbie....has no idea what a clichéd and irrational argument that is.