Ranong visa border run from Chumphon

It appears things have settled down. Did my out/in border run yesterday without a hitch. Now the morning service is 6 days a week, with Tuesday off. The afternoon service (Andaman club) is only 2 days a week: Tuesday and Thursday.

Make sure you are on time for the morning run @ 05:30. Van was full of foreigners doing out/in visa exempt, mostly going to Koh Tao afterwards.

Not sure how border runners from Phuket are doing it.

Immigration line was light. We were the only ones there in line both times. No hassles going through, no questions asked (non-o multiple). Many doing visa exempt out/in for the first time. I dont know how many max back-to-back visa exempt stamps are allowed, but Fame tour company didnt seem worried.

I didnt see any new signs either in regards to new out/in policy or any other new immigration rules.

I brought a copy of son's birth certificate and tambien baan page just in case, but it wasnt needed.

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Like 1

what visa run you did ?

exemt,

non O

nonO-A

nonO-D ( dependant on son ?? )

1 year non-imm O, multiple entry.

.....No hassles going through, no questions asked (non-o multiple). ......

----

Thanks for posting. I was wondering what the score was as I haven't been for a while.

It could have just been that day was just a slow day, but it was a surprisingly light at the border, with virtually no burmese/laos/cambodians in line either. We arrive to immigration departure around 08:00 am-ish, and go back through arrivals around 09:30. Maybe 10-30-11am would have been busier with runners from phuket? Or maybe the crackdown had a real effect on the total # of visa exempters. This is November, too. It does explain why some of the visa run companies have scaled back a bit.

Edited by 4evermaat

we did that border back in Sept,on a sunday about 9 am

very easy as 3 people had multi B visas and i was just along for the ride with my retirement extension.

For my Cambodian gf on her 1 year B visa they wanted copies of every page of her wp as well as copies of the visa

4 people on the boat 100 baht each for R/t

I asked and if they will not let you back in, they wont let you leave, so no chance of getting stick in no mans land

Visa companies in phuket do not go to Ranong but head to Satun border ( adds about 90 minute ride each way)

4 people on the boat 100 baht each for R/t

I asked and if they will not let you back in, they wont let you leave, so no chance of getting stick in no mans land

Visa companies in phuket do not go to Ranong but head to Satun border ( adds about 90 minute ride each way)

Satun borders with malaysia, correct? So how long is the total r/t from Patong/Kata to Satun and back?

Wonder why they dont go to Ranong anymore; was that a permanent shift after the visa exempt crackdown?

They have been very strict a Ranong and for a while had not been allowing any crossings for a new visa exempt entry.

There have also been reports of them refusing people with tourist visas and multiple entry non immigrant visas because they did not have a ticket out and/or financial proof.

This is why the vans are going to Malaysia from Phuket.

from Kamala it takes me 5 -5 1/2 hours driving each way.

I never do it in a day an stay in Satun for the night, nice town.

Even Ranong, we spend the night

two things,

add in the boat time at Ranong ( min 1 hour)

nice weekend market on the thai side at Satun border.

Edited by phuketrichard