Income Verification UK Embassy

Does anyone know what the UK embassy require other than bank statements ? I do not have a pension but i have a company in UK that pays me 100,000 bht per month into my Thai bank account.

Previous posts have said that the income cannot be converted into baht and that the relevant tax documentation has to be shown also.

Can anyone tell me what is required ?

My O Marriage visa is going to expire in January and NK Immigration have told me i can use this letter to extend my stay instead of going outside Thailand to get another O visa...is this true ?

Has not the UK company that makes the payment provided you with some statement confirming the amount in GBP? If it has, this is what you need to provide to the Embassy by way of documentary evidence.

indeed, are we here actually talking about a monthly payment of £2,000 which more or less equals 100,000 THB based on present exchange rates and conversion fees?

Edited by OJAS

i have pensions and rental income, the uk embassy wants to see my P60's as evidence of income. If you pay tax on your company payments you should have a P60 which will show your yearly income.

I just had a thought. My rental income does not have a P60 as I pay tax in the following year. I have a letter from my agent which stipulates the monthly income I am paid. I would think a letter from your company would suffice.

You can apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage with proof of 40k baht income or more, You can do it during the last 30 day of any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

Income letter info: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

But you should check with the embassy you may have to do it as a statement form some reports I have seen since it is not for retirement.

i have pensions and rental income, the uk embassy wants to see my P60's as evidence of income. If you pay tax on your company payments you should have a P60 which will show your yearly income.

I just had a thought. My rental income does not have a P60 as I pay tax in the following year. I have a letter from my agent which stipulates the monthly income I am paid. I would think a letter from your company would suffice.

In the case of rental income, what I have provided to the Embassy (at their original suggestion) by way of supporting evidence is a copy of the current tenancy agreement provided by my agent.

I have contacted the UK embassy and they say that because I am not a pensioner I will have to complete a statue tree form. this I believe I will fill out in my hand writing on a standard form and they will stamp it. Since the money is paid into my Thai bank account..:does that mean I have to get a letter from my business partner stating the amount in English Pounds ?

I have contacted the UK embassy and they say that because I am not a pensioner I will have to complete a statue tree form. this I believe I will fill out in my hand writing on a standard form and they will stamp it. Since the money is paid into my Thai bank account..:does that mean I have to get a letter from my business partner stating the amount in English Pounds ?

You would need a document from your employer in the UK proving your income in pounds.

Immigration will covert it to baht when you apply for the extension.

Could that document

just be a letter stating how much i receive in £'s ?

The amount is different every month .

NK immigration have asked me to get a letter from the UK embassy to be translated at CWattana ....

what does the letter have to say exactly?

The embassy will do the letter based upon annual income. They do a standard letter. Did you click this link I posted earlier https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration,

There is no requirement that the letter be translated if it is in English.

They will probably accept a letter from your employer.

Thanks Ubonjoe ..once again..

the Embassy sent me this ...

As you are not a pensioner. We can provide you “Statutory Declaration” for various purposes such as confirming your income, opening a bank account, affirming your family status or declare that you are the same person on different documents. Please bring with you all relevant documents to support the application ( passport, evidence of your income). You will be asked to complete a pro-format in clear hand writing which we will then sign and officially stamp.

So i guess i write down a figure for each month covering the last year...with the amount my business partner sends in UK pounds to my thai account and then presumably get them to sign it and stamp it ??

then go to Chaeng Wattana and get them to translate it ?

Just show the Embassy your statements, works for me every time - no questions asked..

They will add up the last 6 months divide by 6 and put that down as your monthly income in the letter.

They will say something like..

Mr X has shown us kasikorn Bank statement showing he has an income of XXXX baht.

In fact I have a work permit and pay Tax in Thailand - But I still use this method (although I shouldnt) based on my Thai Salary. I Prefer it to asking my employer for documents as I don't like them to think they have any influence on my Visa status.

Thanks Ubonjoe ..once again..

the Embassy sent me this ...

As you are not a pensioner. We can provide you “Statutory Declaration” for various purposes such as confirming your income, opening a bank account, affirming your family status or declare that you are the same person on different documents. Please bring with you all relevant documents to support the application ( passport, evidence of your income). You will be asked to complete a pro-format in clear hand writing which we will then sign and officially stamp.

So i guess i write down a figure for each month covering the last year...with the amount my business partner sends in UK pounds to my thai account and then presumably get them to sign it and stamp it ??

When you do stat declaration you will put your average monthly income on it.

You our supporting document could also show the same amount for the payments for the past 6 months or so.

Definitely no need to provide the Embassy with a translated version of your income proof! And neither any need to obtain a translation in anticipation of Immigration asking to see it (unlikely in any event).

Ubonjoe you were right.I made a statement..showed them payments for the last 6 mths and they worked out a monthly amount. Showed them a business partnership contract and they said that without a supporting document it would not have been possible. Thanks again for your advice.

Went to CW to translate and legitimize it (which i nearly forgot) and they told me to come back on Monday for the legalization. I said i lived in Isaan and they said they would post it.....happy days !