Zoomer X Owners - Sore legs around Knees !?

freedomnow

So I've used and ridden a few scooters here - Click, Scoopy etc but for some reason I keep injuring shredding my ligaments just above my knees when I ride Honda Zoomer X.

My g/f yesterday complained of the same when she (unusually) drove with me on the back and usually it is when we we ride it together = double weight kind of lumping into the forks when braking and putting your legs down.

Could there be a design fault with the bike frame or something causing the bike to kind of tilt into the legs when braking and putting your legs down.

For example, me letting the shocks set-up compress too low....yet the dial in on the forks seems right for hitting bumps anyway.

I know this sounds silly, but again and again I wake up with shredded tendons or ligaments (jelly leg/legs) using this scooter !

I know it is the scooter as when I had time off it my legs finally went back to normal.

Edited by freedomnow

Do you think that the term 'shredded tendons' ... is a bit OTT for the condition you are suffering from?

Just asking like ... coffee1.gif

and why should you assume otherwise ?

Absolutely nothing helpful in your post at all .Move on.

Edited by freedomnow

Do you think that the term 'shredded tendons' ... is a bit OTT for the condition you are suffering from?

Well ... I posted because, if you were to say 'shredded tendons' in the medical forum you would be laughed at.

What does 'shredded tendons look like?

<Graphic image deleted> DO NOT RE-POST IT

I would summarise that, since you are not posting from your Hospital Bed ... your ailment is a somewhat less of an injury then ... 'shredded tendons'.

BTW ... what professional medical opinion, that you can post here, has confirmed your excellent self-diagnosis of 'shredded tendons' ?

any Zoomer X owners having problems with their legs ? For two people to show the same symptoms from the same model right after riding it suggests others might have leg issues with this particular bike.

Just looking for some constructive feedback on pain problems arising with this bike instead of a getting the thread dive-bombed from the get-go.

If another member has had issues it will be enough for me to get rid if it and get another style of scooter.

As I value my membership here, I will not be responding to the member above.

Edited by freedomnow

Hard to believe their is a "design fault". But maybe you are not designed for it, means you are too big/small? Or you are getting older? wink.png
If its really a problem i would rent an other scooter for a while to see if the pain disappears.

Looks like a normal small scooter to me:
IMG_3353-1024x682.jpg

Edited by wantan
  • Like 2

Hard to believe their is a "design fault". But maybe you are not designed for it, means you are too big/small? Or you are getting older? wink.png

If its really a problem i would rent an other scooter for a while to see if the pain disappears.

Looks like a normal small scooter to me:

IMG_3353-1024x682.jpg

Maybe too big, not too old. But the other similar sized scooters never left me with chronic problems above my knees.

i may just move over to PCX soon.

Well ... I posted because, if you were to say 'shredded tendons' in the medical forum you would be laughed at.

What does 'shredded tendons look like?

<Graphic image deleted> DO NOT RE-POST IT

I would summarise that, since you are not posting from your Hospital Bed ... your ailment is a somewhat less of an injury then ... 'shredded tendons'.

BTW ... what professional medical opinion, that you can post here, has confirmed your excellent self-diagnosis of 'shredded tendons' ?

If someone started a thread with "I flew downstairs' and i jumped on my bike.... would you ask how the wing tips fitted in the stairwell then post an obnoxious 1080p graphic picture of a plane crash ?

I think you have a condition related to 'literalism'.

Just asking like......coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Zoomer X is definitely designed for dwarfs/smurfs.

So if you're a little bit larger than, let's say 160 cm, the seat position might not fit you and causes pain.

Had a similar issue with a Wave, where I got calf cramps after 15 minutes, because of the footrest position and foot brake.

Changed the bike to a "normal" scooter, fitted higher handlebars, problems solved.

Not very good at keeping your promises either ... whistling.gif

But, be that as it may.

The membership here are no fools, when you rock up and use the term 'Shredded Tendons' and then simply say that you got it from sitting on a Motorbike then, a lot of your credibility is lost from your first post.

To keep having shots at me doen't restore your credibility.

If someone has 'Sore Knees' from riding your specific type of bike, then I'm sure they'll be along shorty and share your pain.

Till that time ... it probably feels a little lonely.

Oh ... since you imply that you are a larger sized member "Maybe too big" ... have you considered that one of the main reasons for joint pain in the knees comes from the stress placed on them due to being overweight.

It could be coincidental that the onset of that pain came about the same time you bought the Scooter.

If "Maybe too big" means that you are taller then average but normal BMI ... then you may have to look elsewhere for the solution.

IMHO ...

Edited by David48

Not very good at keeping your promises either ... whistling.gif

But, be that as it may.

The membership here are no fools, when you rock up and use the term 'Shredded Tendons' and then simply say that you got it from sitting on a Motorbike then, a lot of your credibility is lost from your first post.

To keep having shots at me doen't restore your credibility.

If someone has 'Sore Knees' from riding your specific type of bike, then I'm sure they'll be along shorty and share your pain.

Till that time ... it probably feels a little lonely.

Oh ... since you imply that you are a larger sized member "Maybe too big" ... have you considered that one of the main reasons for joint pain in the knees comes from the stress placed on them due to being overweight.

It could be coincidental that the onset of that pain came about the same time you bought the Scooter.

If "Maybe too big" means that you are taller then average but normal BMI ... then you may have to look elsewhere for the solution.

IMHO ...

this is a bike forum, so guys, please, you can go discuss shredded tendons and other personal things at 'General topics' area.

if you fight regarding bikes, that is fine though:)

zoomer is OK if you are sitting a bit upright and yes, if you have a pillion under braking, you might hit your knees but it happens at most scooters here anyway.

I rented a Zoomer during the search for a motorcycle for the TG and having had many motorcycles over the years from a Ducati in college, to a Triumph Daytona in my thirties, to a Harley later on, I could not believe just how uncomfortable the Zoomer was.

Even though it looks low to the ground I still found myself having to extend my feet every time I had to stop at a light and even at 5ft 7 inches I was never comfortable riding it

I won't get into the argument about shredded tendons but will say, it doesn't surprise me that the OP is having "leg" problems driving a Zoomer

The Zoomer X uses the same front forks as the MSX, and these are continuously criticized for having under-sprung and under-damped forks. So this may be partly the cause of any discomfort.

Take a look at the photo posted by Wantan. I would not say that it looks like any other scooter at all, look at the amount of fork travel that remains (granted that the rider does seem to be braking), but if you start looking at Zoomers out on the road you will see what I mean. Some Zoomers even seem to be using approx 50% of their full front travel when parked with no rider!

There are several upgrades for both springs and dampers available for these forks, notably from Race Tech and Ohlins, but they don't come cheap, as you would expect. I have read a lot of material about these forks and their (lack of) performance as I will be using a set on my CBR150 and some suggest that replacing the damper oil with a heavier oil can help, but that won't help the fact that most comments from people who understand suspension seem to agree that the standard springs are insufficient for riders above approx 65kgs.

Thanks Langsuan Man and OverandOut.

II2 - I never came here to bicker, but this guy...just a headache on this thread.Never even read his last post. Trying to get some useful feedback is all

I think I'm going to get the PCX soon as this problem has been ongoing over a year. Better suited to my height and weight.

I think I'm going to get the PCX soon as this problem has been ongoing over a year. Better suited to my height and weight.

To provide maximum assistance ... what would your weight and height be?

Edited by David48

any Zoomer X owners having problems with their legs ? For two people to show the same symptoms from the same model right after riding it suggests others might have leg issues with this particular bike.

Just looking for some constructive feedback on pain problems arising with this bike instead of a getting the thread dive-bombed from the get-go.

If another member has had issues it will be enough for me to get rid if it and get another style of scooter.

Obviously, ergonomically, you don't fit the bike.

• Like 1

Obviously, ergonomically, you don't fit the bike.

....and yet the Click and Scoopy @ a similar size, never had this problem. G/f right size for it, same problem above knees. I'm just going to get a PCX I think.

Don't blame bike.

You have ghosts with you & GF.

An Iisan ghost.

If GF is from Iisan, this could be it.

(It wanted shredded papaya for somtam but settled on hip adductor muscles. Is you bike green?)

Always get a vehicles blessed by monk before putting into service.

Worked for me.

Vehicle blessed, legs ok.

Buy an amulet and see if that helps.

thumbsup.gif

Or maybe mineral deficiency.

Try a massage.

biggrin.pngclap2.gifwai2.gif

• 5 years later...

Well, I find this an interesting topic. My daughter is interested in this bike as she needs something to get to school. She needs one for school so we are considering it. I know this thread is a few years old but still it's food for thought. Being a bigger person, I've certainly had a lot of problems relating to sizes in Thailand from stair steps to chairs to finding shoes. I've ridden the older or regular size everyday Thai 'motorbikes' like the Suzuki Smash or Honda Wave without a problem but have never tried the newer classic style scooter-like bikes like the Scoopi or Zoomer. I probably would have a problem using them everyday.

I guess originally the Zoomer was made for the US Canadian markets around 2002.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Zoomer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Big_Ruckus

This is a Honda Ruckus Bonneville.

640px-Honda_Ruckus_white.jpg

Photo by Joe Tordiff - originally posted to Flickr as Rukus

The Big Ruckus is 250cc but I'm not sure about the one above. The bikes Zoomer and Big Ruckus are related anyway.

Here's 2019 Zoomer X.

204.jpg

• Haha 1

I tried the Zoomer once, felt like <deleted>. As a previous poster said, maybe if you are below 160 it's OK?

Honda even discontinued the Zoomer, i guess i wasn't the only person getting this impression from it.

125cc auto scooter -> Yamaha Grand Filano with ABS