PM Prayut invites Japan to develop Dawei-Eastern Seaboard link

webfact

PM invites Japan to develop Dawei-Eastern Seaboard link
By Digital Content

14158657423848-640x390x1.jpg

NAY PYI TAW, Nov 13 -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha proposed that Japan invest in connecting Myanmar's Dawei Special Economic Zone with Thailand's Eastern Seaboard while at the 6th Mekong-Japan Summit in Nay Pyi Taw yesterday.

In the meeting attended by the leaders of Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Japan, Gen Prayut said his government is offering promotional privileges to investment in infrastructure, logistics, and regional offices and he hoped those would support trade and investment among the Mekong countries and Japan.

The prime minister also told the meeting that Thailand and Japan would host the 3rd Green Mekong Forum in Bangkok in December.

Yesterday afternoon Gen Prayut met Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott and proposed ideas for promoting cooperation between ASEAN and Australia.

"ASEAN is the second biggest trading partner of Australia and is likely to further develop the status. Thailand hopes Australia will take leading roles in concluding negotiation on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership within 2015 as scheduled and that will create the biggest free economic zone of the world," Gen Prayut said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-11-13

Australia only wants to sell them iron ore coal and gas. All the things ASEAN nations need. After the ass kicking they just did to the Japanese I doubt that Japan will be racing to invest and throw away more money here.

As for Australia taking a lead, it was Thailand who prevented Australia joining ASEAN a few years back and Australia have only ever been permitted to sit on the sidelines from the little I know about. maybe I am a way behind but news at home does not think ASEAN will benefit us more than we have now

Just a little on the sideline of the topic. Quote "Yesterday The Gen met Tony Abbott " on talks about trade etc.

All I have been hearing on TVF by the minority is that Thai PM is barred from Australia, little government interaction, Australia does not want to know and here we are the two together as though there is no problem ??

Strange.

Just a little on the sideline of the topic. Quote "Yesterday The Gen met Tony Abbott " on talks about trade etc.

All I have been hearing on TVF by the minority is that Thai PM is barred from Australia, little government interaction, Australia does not want to know and here we are the two together as though there is no problem ??

Strange.

Media garbage and POLITENESS at ASEAN that is all

Didn't I read that they had already agreed to be part of the Thilawa port and industrial area development ?

If that is true and they have already distanced themselves from Dawei than it could be a hard sell.

Not at all. This is what Yingluck was pushing and hoping for. She had announced it was going to happen.

But due to Thailand's coziness with the Chinese, the US and Japan with many CEO's of their manufacturing corporations visited Yangon and bought large tracts of industrial land there.

Japan committed to building a deep water port there, far out of reach of Bangkok and major Thai industrial areas.

Yingluck had major loss of face and this was the first time I knew for sure that the US and Japan were disgusted with Thailand kissing up to China. This was while the US and Japan were working to enforce SE Asian fishing rights in the S. China Sea, passenger airline routes, and to defend against China's claim to various Islands off Japan and The Philippines and others.

This is also about when the US sailed a couple of Nimitz-class aircraft carrier groups through that area, visited Thailand, and hung around for a while in the S. China Sea as a show of force to the Chinese on behalf of its allies in Asia.

Some don't get it how aggressive China is in trying to take what it wants, but they haven't fooled the West. Thailand is preparing to sleep with crocodiles and get left behind.

Apparently Thailand places no value on, nor sees the need for the US's treaty with Thailand to defend it.