Three hurt in a medic helicopter crash in Kanchanaburi

webfact

Three hurt in a medic helicopter crash in Kanchanaburi

KANCHANABURI, 14 Nov 2014 (NNT) - A Border Patrol Police helicopter carrying medical personnel of the Princess Mother’s Medical Volunteer Foundation crashed yesterday in Sangkhla Buri District, Kanchanaburi Province, wounding three.

According to the officials, the Bell (Huey) 205A, which was carrying 13 out of the 27 members of the medical team, was heading back from a mission in Sangkhla Buri District. However, the copter developed an engine malfunction during the lift-off, causing it to fall just 10 meters above the ground.

The authorities said the wounded have already received first aid, and another helicopter was quickly dispatched to fetch the personnel.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-14 footer_n.gif

The people involved were very lucky indeed, not the best out comes for a police helicopter , the MVF should have there own helicopters and not rely on the police air as there reputation on the ground is bad enough without taking to the air, best wishes to all and hope that everything works out fine. smile.png

• Like 1

Better 10 metres than 1000m!!

Lucky people.....bloody old chopper!!

The Bell 205 Huey is considered by many to be the best helicopter ever built.

Its simple & strong, if maintained & flown by competant people its vey safe at any age.

They might have been better off at 1000 m as it would have given the crew time to enter autorotation, but then again they might not have had anywhere safe to land by then.

• Like 2

Its simple & strong, if maintained & flown by competant people its vey safe at any age.

They might have been better off at 1000 m as it would have given the crew time to enter autorotation, but then again they might not have had anywhere safe to land by then.

A well trained pilot can enter autorotation at 10m... and not hit the deck. The problem here is piloting, or standards of such!

I believe this is number 4 in just 2 years killing a few and blowing millions

( choppers are very expensive ), because Thais CAN'T operate anything requiring the use of hands AND feet ! Legs to short and and mental stability at a height of more than 9.5 meters unstable !. ( oxygen deprivation ? )

• Like 1

And your reason for slagging off these Thais is what exactly? Your bargirl wife refused to do anal with you last night?

He is just a half wit... me thinks, either trailer trash or pikey/chav who managed to save up enough money from his social security to get a budget flight to Thailand...wink.png

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

( choppers are very expensive ), because Thais CAN'T operate anything requiring the use of hands AND feet ! Legs to short and and mental stability at a height of more than 9.5 meters unstable !. ( oxygen deprivation ? )

".....because Thais CAN'T operate anything requiring the use of hands AND feet ! "

Yes sir, I've seen all those American, Canadian, Aussie and British guys working all the excavators, front end loaders, forklifts, port container cranes.

Surprisingly, Thais even operate motor vehicles using hands and feet.

Those Thais really are a useless bunch eh?whistling.gif

Judging by your post you're suffering from oxygen deprivation at ground level Don mate...

• Like 1

".....because Thais CAN'T operate anything requiring the use of hands AND feet ! "

Yes sir, I've seen all those American, Canadian, Aussie and British guys working all the excavators, front end loaders, forklifts, port container cranes.

and you choose to use the standard of Thai motor vehicle driving in support of your post. I agree they use their hands and feet but are they they properly connected to their eyes and brains when on the roads???????

and you choose to use the standard of Thai motor vehicle driving in support of your post. I agree they use their hands and feet but are they they properly connected to their eyes and brains when on the roads???????

Oh yes, Thais are awful drivers, everyone else in the world drives more safely. rolleyes.gif

Some Thais are bad drivers. Not all.

post-9891-0-10272800-1415963870_thumb.jppost-9891-0-48773900-1415963872_thumb.jppost-9891-0-58547900-1415963874_thumb.jppost-9891-0-84623800-1415963875_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Oh yes, Thais are awful drivers, everyone else in the world drives more safely. rolleyes.gif

attachicon.gifCr1.jpgattachicon.gifcr2.jpgattachicon.gifcr3.jpgattachicon.gifcr4.jpg

The OP is about a lucky escape with no loss of life from a helicopter mishap. Thats good news and I'm pleased it wasn't more serious. With regard to the standard of Thai motor vehicle driving, I agree to disagree with you....ends.

A well trained pilot can enter autorotation at 10m... and not hit the deck. The problem here is piloting, or standards of such!

The problem here is you don't have a clue what happened during this incident.

I guess you have your own Foreigner chauffeuring you around in your helicopter. Can't trust those natives eh?

The case rests.....

The article said the Bell 205 was carrying 13 members of a medical team. I've ridden in those a few times (many years ago). Thirteen people sounds like an overload to me. Can any of the TV "experts" confirm?

I think it depends on the variant this one was, there are multiple variants, seem to remember reading a Max of 15, so say two pilots and 13 people could very well be correct

The article said the Bell 205 was carrying 13 members of a medical team. I've ridden in those a few times (many years ago). Thirteen people sounds like an overload to me. Can any of the TV "experts" confirm?

Nope--just a full bird. They can carry 14. Sometimes you can't fit that many in the US due to our being big bellied but a bunch of Thai should not have that issue.

attachicon.gifCr1.jpgattachicon.gifcr2.jpgattachicon.gifcr3.jpgattachicon.gifcr4.jpg

I'd love to see the average farang get off a plane, then rent a car and try to make it to downtown Bangkok and back without a dent ... especially if they had to make a few stops and do the customary backing into every crowded parking spot. Just not sure their better driving skills and reflexes could handle it.

It was on a facebook page linked to by one of the rescue organisations. Not sure how I can put it on here. If you have FB than pm me your FB identity I will add you as a friend and I will share it directly to you for a onetime only

Thanks for the link.

Its hard to tell from the poor quality video.

But it sounds like the engine is still running, there doesn't seem to be a sudden change in sound.

I'd guess they were overloaded & he didnt have enough power to get out of ground effect.

When he ran out of room he put in a big peddle turn to go back, but that robbed power from the main rotor & they sank into the trees.