cheap motorbike paintjob

nakluapattaya

Im looking for a shop in Pattaya that does a simple cheap paintjob on my 8 year old motorbike. It does not need to be a proffesional top quality paintjob. Its an old bike but still runs good. But has some rusty parts which i want to prevent from going any further.

If i had workspace i would strip it down myself and do it. But since i live in an small apartment impossible.

So all i need is a shop that strips it down and repaint it. And reassemble. For a small price off course.

For on the cheap it will be a rattle can job that you can do. The cost for them to take of any plastics wires or anything in the way will cost the same amount in labor.

Question? It is so cheap to have it shot professionally why paint it any way that will leave it rusting out by next year? If any parts are rusting you will need to remove the rust & re-prime the affected areas or the paint wont stick to the metal. One day you can sand & prime the metal even in your apt. area in the street as long as it isn't raining. It only took me a day & a half to do a ton of rust prep on a 600 steed.Like said a scooter shop will be able to get you by but come next year you will be redoing the same job over.You do get what you pay for. Or a new bike 8 years is a lifetime for a scooter. I get bored of scooters after a year or 2 & the newer scooters are tons better now.

For on the cheap it will be a rattle can job that you can do. The cost for them to take of any plastics wires or anything in the way will cost the same amount in labor.

Question? It is so cheap to have it shot professionally why paint it any way that will leave it rusting out by next year? If any parts are rusting you will need to remove the rust & re-prime the affected areas or the paint wont stick to the metal. One day you can sand & prime the metal even in your apt. area in the street as long as it isn't raining. It only took me a day & a half to do a ton of rust prep on a 600 steed.Like said a scooter shop will be able to get you by but come next year you will be redoing the same job over.You do get what you pay for. Or a new bike 8 years is a lifetime for a scooter. I get bored of scooters after a year or 2 & the newer scooters are tons better now.

DIY in my apartment really is not an option. In front of my street is always full parked with motorbikes. And i cant get it into the elevator and roll it into my balcony haha. All the plastic parts i could do myself though.

What do you think is an reasonable price for stripping, sanding, primer, paint, re-assemble job?

DIY in my apartment really is not an option. In front of my street is always full parked with motorbikes. And i cant get it into the elevator and roll it into my balcony haha. All the plastic parts i could do myself though.

What do you think is an reasonable price for stripping, sanding, primer, paint, re-assemble job?

I just had my entire ER6n 650 painted with the most expensive paint on the planet short of Imron (aircraft paint) Total paint was 9000 baht chameleon-6 tone & the labor was 9000 baht . A scooter should run 5000 with paint depending on how many rusted areas they will have to sand & prime to get it to paint. Do not take it to AP racing they are butchers & finger painters & the paint or any work done will be needed to be redone within a month. The real problem you will find is the difference of a real pro job with a paint booth compared to an outside shot paint job will be in longevity. When I shoot a job in the states I give a 10 year warranty on the premium paint jobs Which is unheard of. 35+ years as an auto bike truck & plane painter I had only 1 job fail. without a booth 1 year tops for an outside job not in a booth & you will most likely have chemical peel or other problems with debris becoming embedded in the panels or from finger painting parts as body oils are not conducive to getting paint to stick on parts & panels.

If it is just a minor amount of rust repair take it down to the boatyard in Pattaya or somewhere at the beach or out in the woodsy areas & get some 40grit 80 grit & some 180 grit & remove the rust & then clean the areas with wax & grease remover or lacquer thinner at the least & then re-prime wait an hour & shoot the black color or whatever color your rust repair is. Paint labor is so cheap up here It is not worth my time to spend an hour cleaning up the paint guns afterwords. But there are a bazillion places you can just roll the bike up to & start resurfacing the rust areas.Nobody is going to care. Go to a non inhabited area. I live in Bang Saray so here just about anywhere is kosher for a spontaneous job. Just don't do it in front of a residence or a business or food place & you will just blend in like everyone else doing a spot touch up. If you do this part yourself you only need to paint the plastic panels or replace. Both are cheap options & sometimes it may be cheaper to just get the panels already painted that are new. Depending on your bike model will be if they are still stocked.

Edited by Beardog