Three targeted NLA, NRC members not to be suspended

Lite Beer

Three targeted NLA, NRC members not to be suspended
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Three members of the National Legislative Assembly and National Reform Council being targeted by the national anti-graft agency for impeachment do not have to be suspended from duty, a member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission said yesterday.

Wicha Mahakhun said that the three former senators no longer serve in the position they were accused of violating under the constitution.

"They are not required by law to suspend their duty. So that means they can still work as members of the NLA and NRC," Wicha said.

The three are among 38 former senators accused of violating the now-abolished 2007 Constitution by backing amendments that would have allegedly benefited them. The NACC decided on Thursday to initiate impeachment proceedings against the ex-senators.

In a majority vote, the NACC resolved to call on the NLA to impeach the ex-senators and to forward its investigation results and accompanying documents to the NLA for further action.

Wicha said the NLA may ask the three former senators to be suspended from their duty during deliberation on their impeachment case.

"The NLA has the power to do so, but the NACC has no such power," he added.

A legal adviser to NLA president Phornpetch Wichitcholchai maintained that the three ex-senators could still perform their duty, according to a source. The NACC chief agreed, the source added.

Direk Thuengfang, one of the three ex-senators and now a NRC member, said that given he no longer served as a senator he did not think his current job affected the impeachment case. He said he was ready to explain himself before the NLA about this.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Three-targeted-NLA-NRC-members-not-to-be-suspended-30247831.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-15

They don't hold now the position which has resulted in an impeachment investigation so don't need to be suspended ! Well that's all good then.

Please hurry up and find an excuse to throw the matter out so it can be filed in the very extensive ' Farce ' file and the pretence of something being done can move onto another non-event.

Yes....the never ending cycle of nonsense just never stops.

• Like 1

Cool, another get out of jail card for me to play somewhere down the line ... you can't do that to me cos I don't have the job I had before so it doesn't count ... classic Thai <deleted> up logic.

That's the ticket for Yingluck, I'm no longer PM, no need to impeach me. Thaksin is no longer PM, drop all charges against him. The NACC has just created an amnesty bill with no controversy, nice work.

• Like 1

Khun Wicha and 'legal advisor', when that is the way you (don't) understand the principles of Law, you should both be suspended to start with! The false logic behind the reasoning is an exact copy of the system of defence used, time after time, by the Shins/PTP/UDD attorney teams, and it is a total aberration! Push it a bit, and what do you get: you killed someone when you were an Army officer, but now you are a Police officer so there is no problem with that?! Do you really need to make it so obvious you are protecting the nepotistic oligarchic bunch, you are yourself part of? Do you have to prove already that 'changes and reforms, when any ever, will not possibly reach up to the height you consider yourself to be on by (which?) right? This is plain disgusting, unethical, dangerous, and, of course, totally anti-democratic! I sincerely hope General Prayuth will let the axe fall on your necks very soon, before it is too late!

• Like 1

Khun Wicha and 'legal advisor', when that is the way you (don't) understand the principles of Law, you should both be suspended to start with! The false logic behind the reasoning is an exact copy of the system of defence used, time after time, by the Shins/PTP/UDD attorney teams, and it is a total aberration! Push it a bit, and what do you get: you killed someone when you were an Army officer, but now you are a Police officer so there is no problem with that?! Do you really need to make it so obvious you are protecting the nepotistic oligarchic bunch, you are yourself part of? Do you have to prove already that 'changes and reforms, when any ever, will not possibly reach up to the height you consider yourself to be on by (which?) right? This is plain disgusting, unethical, dangerous, and, of course, totally anti-democratic! I sincerely hope General Prayuth will let the axe fall on your necks very soon, before it is too late!

You mean the same general that granted himself and his friends amnesty for their violation of the very same constitution. You can't be serious.

• Like 1

Cool, another get out of jail card for me to play somewhere down the line ... you can't do that to me cos I don't have the job I had before so it doesn't count ... classic Thai <deleted> up logic.

That's the ticket for Yingluck, I'm no longer PM, no need to impeach me. Thaksin is no longer PM, drop all charges against him. The NACC has just created an amnesty bill with no controversy, nice work.

Don't get confused, it is the NLA's Wichan, about NRC members, the NACC wants suspended not to interfere in their investigation about them! You're correct with Yingluck and Thaksin, and the rice scam, and, and...: the total aberration their attorney teams are pleading is: one is out of a job, one can't be made responsible for anything one did when 'doing'(?!) that job anymore, but it seems to be 'catching', seeing the moronesk attitude of bully Wichan!

You mean the same general that granted himself and his friends amnesty for their violation of the very same constitution. You can't be serious.

I am serious, ...about sincerely hoping! Do you mean that Wicha, and the Shins' attorneys positions are making any sense and are justifiable? Or did you simply (over-)react on the two words 'General Prayuth', like a... buffalo on a... red flag? And outside of the topic too...?

• Like 1

I am serious, ...about sincerely hoping! Do you mean that Wicha, and the Shins' attorneys positions are making any sense and are justifiable? Or did you simply (over-)react on the two words 'General Prayuth', like a... buffalo on a... red flag? And outside of the topic too...?

I understand you seem to believe some people should be punished for violating the constitution whilst others that are guilty of violating the exact same constitution should not be punished. By those others I mean the general and anyone involved in this administration. Hoping for the general to intervene is probably idle hope, considering the above.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

People who stage coups and grant themselves amnesty are stating that members of their government don't need to be punished for past crimes. What a surprise.

Indirectly the bozo who ruled on this is actually saying a guy on double murder charges who was a truck driver is not going to be tried because he is now a Taxi driver cheesy.gif