Schengen Visa for going to Spain

Hi mates,

I would like to know a little bit more info, even if I have tried to look for without success in the forum.

I have Work Permit in Thailand like around 1 year and a half. The fact is, that I want to bring my Thai girlfriend to Spain on June 2015 for a wedding for maybe 15 days and I would like to ask how easy is for apply a Visa for her.

- I have Work Permit (maybe if I have Work Permit in Thailand is easy for her obtain the Schengen Visa, I don´t know).

- She must have like 64,53€ x 15 = 967€ in her account as the link attached? If she didn´t have this amount? Better do an economic suporting document for her (maybe not too much problems for get the Visa)?

- Should I better transact the Visa with an agent, or better do it by myself?

- She will sleep at home, but I think is better like have a pre-booking in any hotel and then cancel.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/BANGKOK/en/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Pages/RequisitosDeEntrada.aspx

I would like to know the easiest way for she can get the Visa.

Cheers.

It is your girlfriend who will be applying, your residence status doesn't matter a whole lot. Atleast not directly, though she could show that she is living together with you and the both of you have strong ties with Thailand.

Have you read the Schengen sticky? Most of your questions should be covered by it. An applicant can be self supporting (amount differs between memberstates, some require as less as around 30 and others as much as around 65 euro's a day. Exact figures are on the embassies website, including instructions on how to show financial solvability using a sponsor.

I don't know about Spanish accommodation options, most embassies have a form to fill out if you stay at private accommodation rather then a hotel. Be aware that at the border they can ask the visa holder to show that they still meet all the requirements for a visa (sufficient funds, accommodation, travel purpose, reasons for return). So be sure she can satisfy any questions asked at the border.

If the trip is affordable, legit and there are good reasons to return (no illegal settlement) she stands a very good chance. I would do everything myself but if you feel unsure or don't wish to bother much about paperwork, get an agent. Preperarion is key though.

Edited by Donutz

It is your girlfriend who will be applying, your residence status doesn't matter a whole lot. Atleast not directly, though she could show that she is living together with you and the both of you have strong ties with Thailand.

Have you read the Schengen sticky? Most of your questions should be covered by it. An applicant can be self supporting (amount differs between memberstates, some require as less as around 30 and others as much as around 65 euro's a day. Exact figures are on the embassies website, including instructions on how to show financial solvability using a sponsor.

I don't know about Spanish accommodation options, most embassies have a form to fill out if you stay at private accommodation rather then a hotel. Be aware that at the border they can ask the visa holder to show that they still meet all the requirements for a visa (sufficient funds, accommodation, travel purpose, reasons for return). So be sure she can satisfy any questions asked at the border.

If the trip is affordable, legit and there are good reasons to return (no illegal settlement) she stands a very good chance. I would do everything myself but if you feel unsure or don't wish to bother much about paperwork, get an agent. Preperarion is key though.

Best to do it herself, with your help. You need to email the Spanish Embassy for an appointment to make the application. The more supporting evidence you can take the better. As usual, a concern is that she will return to Thailand.