'Martial law won't muzzle opinions'

Lite Beer

'muzzle opinions'? don't dogs wear 'muzzels'? the censorship laws are there to control the pack

the charter will be 'extremely successful' because:

• no dissent or debate will allowed
  • no advertising or promoting the opposite view
  • all control of 'message' through the Junta
  • no demos
  • no TV debates
  • a controlled vote with a loaded question

result? 'happy' people who overwhelmingly supported the New Charter - my guess is 90%+ 'muzzled'? never!

Aint it funny that you and your anti PM friends can post this way on TVF. it is so restricting to dissent ???

Remember to compare --Yingluck had no TV debates, just saying. Do your posts go through the PM before being printed here ??

BS propaganda post. I have openly criticized the Island murders, martial law, No knock on my door, YOU have to think in the manner it's done that counts.

The junta came to power through a coup, censors the press, banned political gatherings, suspended the constitution, dissolved all democratic institutions, keeps martial law in place and rules by decree. Yet if we refer to it as a d*******ship the post is deleted. Strangely enough people are free to refer to earlier elected governments as dictatorships.

Do you really think we're not dealing with censorship?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ginjag "The next election will be fair---but please tell me who will be eligible to stand ??"

Well that is the question, I suspect that the Thai voters will have the option of voting for Retired General...insert any name you like or Khun Ying.... Insert any name you like. The Sino-Thai members of the Amart will pre-select the 'candidates', a situation not dissimilar to what is causing the protests in Hong Kong at the present time.

I think Fiji did well out of the Military intervention. Now open and fair.

My own honest opinion is there HAS to be some sorting out here, the only ones are the Military. The people could well have had PTP for the full term, BUT governance was non existent.

Thailand cannot afford to go down the road as was again and keep making the err. You see how much has been revealed ?? Thais ARE more enlightened so good the PM is paving the way for the next elections.

The minority on here will shoot me down for this.

Fiji again. I'll remind you of my post from another thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776842-people-want-govt-to-solve-problems-even-if-it-takes-over-a-year/page-2:

"Eight years of military rule inn Fiji, and:

"Since the coup Mr Bainimarama’s supporters have written a new constitution, introduced a bewildering electoral system and marshalled the resources of incumbency to secure victory for their new party." http://www.economist...polls-back-fold

It's only been two months since the stacked election ended, or perhaps continued, military rule by electing the coup leader as PM. Under the circumstances I think it's a little early to call Fiji a success. Do you think this is the best Thailand can expect?"

Here's a little additional information about the constitution he imposed on Fiji:

"There the strongman, Commodore Voreqe “Frank” Bainimarama, who seized power in a 2006 coup, announced on March 21st that he was scrapping his plans for the constituent assembly that was supposed to deliberate his scheduled new constitution. Three months before that, Mr Bainimarama had ditched a constitution drawn up by his own appointed commission, asking his attorney-general to come up with a new one more to his liking. This second attempt was published on the very day that the idea of an assembly was scrapped." http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21574527-not-all-will-go-strongmans-way-opportunity-blown?zid=309&ah=80dcf288b8561b012f603b9fd9577f0e

You probably shouldn't use Fiji as an example of a successful military government.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

Ginjag "The next election will be fair---but please tell me who will be eligible to stand ??"

Well that is the question, I suspect that the Thai voters will have the option of voting for Retired General...insert any name you like or Khun Ying.... Insert any name you like. The Sino-Thai members of the Amart will pre-select the 'candidates', a situation not dissimilar to what is causing the protests in Hong Kong at the present time.

I think Fiji did well out of the Military intervention. Now open and fair.

My own honest opinion is there HAS to be some sorting out here, the only ones are the Military. The people could well have had PTP for the full term, BUT governance was non existent.

Thailand cannot afford to go down the road as was again and keep making the err. You see how much has been revealed ?? Thais ARE more enlightened so good the PM is paving the way for the next elections.

The minority on here will shoot me down for this.

I not shoot you down but I completely disagree.

The military never did any good to Thailand, as in the previous coups they always had put their hands and arms in the jar, no positive changes, no real care for the country but for themselves.

They talk reform and do almost nothing, and what happened before we are seeing now. Same same...

I had a dream: I saw a country ruled in the interest of the People, and with institution not governing for themselves, a country where military is on duty to protect people, not to (mal)govern them, a country where a clan cannot be "owner" of it.

...but it was only a dream.

Fair post but all doom and gloom. the military never BEFORE did a lot of good but recently not a bad record of getting shut of corrupt dead wood.

Your dream will come true in 2016 Feb ? hope the Thai people have grown up enough to vote honestly--they will definitely be more aware than last time---enlightened being the operative word.

"recently not a bad record of getting shut of corrupt dead wood."

Just don't ask for an investigation of suspicious dealings in the military:

"Another shocking case has been that of Prayuth’s own brother, General Preecha Chan-ocha, who was also handpicked to serve in the NLC. Preecha earlier declared that he possessed assets worth approximately 79 million baht. This prompted social media users in Thailand to try and trace the sources of Preecha’s wealth. These investigations found that the money in at least one of Preecha’s bank accounts had apparently come directly from the budget of the 3rd Army, which he used to command. They also found that due to a “math” error in adding up his bank accounts, Preecha’s net worth was closer to 90 million baht than the 79 million baht he originally claimed."

"A few days ago, Prayuth appeared angry when Thais demanded the government increase transparency. He reportedly said, “I beg you not to dig up anything. There is no benefit in so doing. My government is here today to solve problems. I have so many burdens on my shoulder. My wife is also in this difficult situation. I just want some kind of moral support from you. I need your understanding. But the media has tried to dig up many issues. So have some politicians. I must say that you cannot do that for the time being.”" http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

I can understand why he is wary of transparency, imagine what a proper investigation of military spending and the wealth of senior officers would expose.

The military never did any good to Thailand, as in the previous coups they always had put their hands and arms in the jar, no positive changes, no real care for the country but for themselves.

They talk reform and do almost nothing, and what happened before we are seeing now. Same same...

I had a dream: I saw a country ruled in the interest of the People, and with institution not governing for themselves, a country where military is on duty to protect people, not to (mal)govern them, a country where a clan cannot be "owner" of it.

Fair post but all doom and gloom. the military never BEFORE did a lot of good but recently not a bad record of getting shut of corrupt dead wood.

Your dream will come true in 2016 Feb ? hope the Thai people have grown up enough to vote honestly--they will definitely be more aware than last time---enlightened being the operative word.

"Another shocking case has been that of Prayuth’s own brother, General Preecha Chan-ocha, who was also handpicked to serve in the NLC. Preecha earlier declared that he possessed assets worth approximately 79 million baht. This prompted social media users in Thailand to try and trace the sources of Preecha’s wealth. These investigations found that the money in at least one of Preecha’s bank accounts had apparently come directly from the budget of the 3rd Army, which he used to command. They also found that due to a “math” error in adding up his bank accounts, Preecha’s net worth was closer to 90 million baht than the 79 million baht he originally claimed."

"A few days ago, Prayuth appeared angry when Thais demanded the government increase transparency. He reportedly said, “I beg you not to dig up anything. There is no benefit in so doing. My government is here today to solve problems. I have so many burdens on my shoulder. My wife is also in this difficult situation. I just want some kind of moral support from you. I need your understanding. But the media has tried to dig up many issues. So have some politicians. I must say that you cannot do that for the time being.”" http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

I can understand why he is wary of transparency, imagine what a proper investigation of military spending and the wealth of senior officers would expose.

Hey why did you pick up a one liner and finish lecturing me about all that you think is corrupt with the PM ??

Ask the PM for a read out on what wealth they have. I have an idea you will get no figures back the same as we haven't found out yet where the trillion has gone.

Don't bother with all this anti PM stuff I am not interested in your rhetoric especially when you stick your foot in the door to rant about finances of certain military--until we get to know that anything is illegal I am not interested.

""I am confident that people will not be afraid to express their opinion because they won't be worried about the consequences," she said."

So the journalist who was taken off air by TPBS yesterday was removed because.....?

Who's guess here in Thailand-----interpretations---or some comments similar to those printed by the minority of TVF members.

Do you mean the Ginjag's by the minority ?

So they ask a token professor onto the constitution writing panel and his offerings go something like this:

"Well, I think--"

"Yes professor?"

"I mean we should have free--"

"Free what? Do go professor."

"The freedom to, you know, choose are--"

"Sumtum? Why yes professor. Choice in sumtum is something I think most of us would agree is a well deserved freedom."

Hey why did you pick up a one liner and finish lecturing me about all that you think is corrupt with the PM ??

Ask the PM for a read out on what wealth they have. I have an idea you will get no figures back the same as we haven't found out yet where the trillion has gone.

Don't bother with all this anti PM stuff I am not interested in your rhetoric especially when you stick your foot in the door to rant about finances of certain military--until we get to know that anything is illegal I am not interested.

A one-liner? You've been talking about how corruption in the previous government since the coup, and continuously ignoring all evidence that the military has corruption problems as well.

"until we get to know that anything is illegal I am not interested."

You're ignoring the point of my reply, again. We're not going to get any evidence of anything illegal that hurts the junta while the military is in charge. We'll also not get a proper investigation of the military by any government so long as the military is ready to stage a coup whenever it suits its needs. The only way you can keep the military on a pedestal is by keeping your head buried in the sand.

• Like 1

"Opinion is split on whether the imposition of martial law and media censorship will hinder the prospect of the people drafting the new charter."

Yes, one side thinks it will and Gen Prayuth thinks it won't

Sounds like the split is EVEN ?? chairman has the deciding vote though. JOKE but reality Yingluck as chairwoman was never there to do that. Truth

Are you aware of the Dunning Kruger effect?...I suspect not. Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

"What a refreshing attitude sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png, I'm allright Jack .

Ever wondered what martial law means for the Thais? You know, the ones who actually do get taken away for "attitude adjustment". Do you honestly think their lives are unaffected by the imposition of martial law.................................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif"

OK put your money where your mouth is, produce a list of these so called "attitude adjusted" people, will be very interesting to see you go balls up trying to spew your lies & innuendo. The only ones so far that have been in the sh*t are the reds that were causing all the problems in the first place but dont let the truth get in the way of your biased rants. We all know you would much rather all your news be coming from the ptp/thaksin camp reporters with all their lies, strange how you all didnt mind it when all we had was the ptp correct news simply spreading their bullsh*t and false reports. If journo's report the news without any of their innuendo involved they are fine, the only ones it effects are those that are deliberately trying to stir up trouble and cause problems. Martial law has done absolutely nothing to cause any hassles in any of the many places I have travelled since the coup, both north and south, seems the only ones trying to cause sh*t are the ptp/thasin appologists because their glorious leader/party has been brought to heel and the majority of people in Thailand are very happy about it, you poor little diddums.tongue.png

So you are saying that all those who have lost their jobs or businesses due to downturn in tourism caused by martial law are deserving of this, because they are all red shirt dissenters?
The who have lost thier jobs are now much happier the country is now at almost 100% happy and they love and adore the dear leader.

not long ago PTP was trying to muzzle the press - The nation should remember that they were included in that muzzling - another garbage headline

"not long ago PTP was trying to muzzle the press..."

Do you have any links or information to back up this claim? I did a google search and found only answers that refer to the current 'government'.

not long ago PTP was trying to muzzle the press - The nation should remember that they were included in that muzzling - another garbage headline

Do you have any links or information to back up this claim? I did a google search and found only answers that refer to the current 'government'.

You didn't look very far, Look up your own links, You find what you want to find.

Just to inform all the apologists and thank them wholeheartedly for their support to enable me to attain the 10,000 posts today.

I would have most probably be on 7k had not the ones in denial re PTP and haters of the Thai, sworn in PM. on oath. yes yes yes. 5555555

You didn't look very far, Look up your own links, You find what you want to find.

Just to inform all the apologists and thank them wholeheartedly for their support to enable me to attain the 10,000 posts today.

I would have most probably be on 7k had not the ones in denial re PTP and haters of the Thai, sworn in PM. on oath. yes yes yes. 5555555

Perhaps your may consider posting more 'quality' than 'quantity' in the future.

• Like 1

what planet is this woman from? if you post something that the dictaters don't like they will be knockinbg at your door in a heart beat!

Do you not realize that the minority on TVF would already have had knocks on the door, or been placed in padded cells or put in a tin hut under a baking sun or tied to posts waiting for the crabs to eat when the tide comes in. or finger nails levered out.

This is the OTT type reaction given out by the PM haters-or the denialists who are hurting because PTP have been given the boot.

This lady is making some inroads.

only answering some bizarre posts from the pm haters and red lovers---if you want quality look at some of your and their posts--kettle/pan

only answering some bizarre posts from the pm haters and red lovers---if you want quality look at some of your and their posts--kettle/pan

I would hope that I post 'quality' but I certainly don't post quantity. I have been contributing to TVF since February 2003 and still only made around 1,400 posts.

Edited by PREM-R

Quantity over quality? Most posts seem to be fairly repetitive.

I would hope that I post 'quality' but I certainly don't post quantity. I have been contributing to TVF since February 2003 and still only made around 1,400 posts.

Your quantity of posts are not my business.

YOU hope that you post Quote "quality" Perhaps if you stopped slagging the PM and finding fault all the time along with these other posters here, and made a simple search into the inroads being made. Maybe too much trouble as you failed to find any gagging of the press during the SHIN reign.

Quantity over quality? Most posts seem to be fairly repetitive.

AND YOURS, ??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Can the person who suggested the word "apologist" to Ginjag please either tell him what it means or give him another word?

Edited by wilcopops

Can the person who suggested the word "apologist" to Ginjag please either tell him what it means or give him another word?

Denialists---non conformists---wind up posters------Name droppers. Get used to the Thai government, we had to do for 3 years of PTP.

The lady has the official ' all is well ' attitude and saying she is confident people will not be afraid to express their opinions because the won't be worried about the consequences is arrogant nonsense.

What about the PBS host who lost her job because the junta didn't like her attitude since her show contained criticism ?

Academics etc need special permission to hold meetings and I read somewhere, BP I think, that a lawyer in the north had to get permission to meet clients who are villagers protesting about a dam. Too many clients at one meeting breached the 5 or more rule.

Martial Law won't muzzle opinions ? Oh Please !

The junta and all these committees are careful collecting the opinions they want to hear, their own and those of selected mouthpieces.

Pardon me.

She did NOT loose her job.

Her program is cancelled, and she is temporary suspended only; she will be back at other channel shortly. I guess Voice TV will take her in.

Pardon me.

She did NOT loose her job.

Her program is cancelled, and she is temporary suspended only; she will be back at other channel shortly. I guess Voice TV will take her in.

Phew, well that's alright then. As you were blink.png

• Like 1