That Burning Ring of Fire ...

David48

Gents, I don't think I need to describe in greater detail what I refer to ... w00t.gif

Me ... I'm a half-ling. I send 1/2 my time in the West and 1/2 my time in Thailand.

So, in those first few weeks when I return to Thailand and I eat something spicy ... I know, you know ... I'll pay for that in the morning.

Anyone shed any light on the hows, whys and wherefores ... and any possible cures or preventions (food compliments etc) that can alleviate the 'condition'?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Increase your chilli intake slowly. You could let your wife/mil make you a batch of chilli powder to take back with you (self made is best and i'm sure they would like to do it for you), then a month or so before coming to Thailand you could start your "training" and arrive well prepared.

• Like 1

the only cure i know are dairy products with a high percentage of fat,such as butter milk, full fat yoghurt,cream etc.

hope it helps for the burning ring....

Wouldn't that make David walk funny?

i meant oral consumed not a...

Would Badger milk be considered as high in fat?

Tiger Balm around the burning ring for double the pleasure laugh.png

Apart from that take loperamide if it is diarrhea, it is better better than spurting hot lava from your volcano.

Ah yes some tiger Balm around the ring.

Would it help also to massage his prostate gland?

I only want the best for our David thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Increase your chilli intake slowly. You could let your wife/mil make you a batch of chilli powder to take back with you (self made is best and i'm sure they would like to do it for you), then a month or so before coming to Thailand you could start your "training" and arrive well prepared.

Thank you ... at least one sensible comment.

Note to self ... before posting, check the board to see who is awake ... w00t.gif

But Gents, God gave me broad shoulders and a thick hide (though, apparently when it counts sometimes) ... takes yours bestest shots!

the only cure i know are dairy products with a high percentage of fat,such as butter milk, full fat yoghurt,cream etc.

hope it helps for the burning ring....

Wouldn't that make David walk funny?

i meant oral consumed not a...

Would Badger milk be considered as high in fat?

may i suggest you ask a certain expert in this field...

Maybe Gayllips slipped into David's bed whilst he was asleep.

Could it be the case that David received (pardon the pun) one of those defective TGAU's?
In that case, I can understand why crazy chef was suggesting cheese, as that might lure the "problem" out

RAOFLAO

Note to self ... before posting, check the board to see who is awake ... w00t.gif

But Gents, God gave me broad shoulders and a thick hide (though, apparently when it counts sometimes) ... takes yours bestest shots!

So e might argue a thick head, Davardo.

ND ... some may, indeed so, some may.

BTW ... may I lend you a 'm' ?

So e might argue a thick head, Davardo.

ND ... some may, indeed so, some may.

BTW ... may I lend you a 'm' ?

No. Whatever it is the answer is no. 555555

David,

Apart from eating fat with the chilli you can eat a teaspoon or more of raw sugar after the hot meal. That will have the combined effect of taking the heat out of the mouth and prevent the burning ring. Also bananas - eat, not insert, as the sugar in them will also help.

• Like 1

laugh.png ... I should have known ... facepalm.gif

better to start such sensitive topics in the pub...than you don't have to wait till post #2...

It's a Sunday afternoon ... we are getting beaten in the Cricket ... it is a genuine issue for me.

The guys replying are mates (who I'm yet to meet) ... though, by reading their posts ... that may not be apparent ... w00t.gif

But, I would like some relief because it does, sometimes, bring a tear to the eye.

• Like 2

David,

Apart from eating fat with the chilli you can eat a teaspoon or more of raw sugar after the hot meal. That will have the combined effect of taking the heat out of the mouth and prevent the burning ring. Also bananas - eat, not insert, as the sugar in them will also help.

Glad you clarified the banana thing as many of us here suspect it was the inserting thing that got him into this situation in the first place.

Is there anything else you want to come clean about davo? :P

• Like 2

David,

I'll give that banana idea a whirl ... thumbsup.gif

laugh.png ... I should have known ... facepalm.gif

better to start such sensitive topics in the pub...than you don't have to wait till post #2...

It's a Sunday afternoon ... we are getting beaten in the Cricket ... it is a genuine issue for me.

The guys replying are mates (who I'm yet to meet) ... though, by reading their posts ... that may not be apparent ... w00t.gif

But, I would like some relief because it does, sometimes, bring a tear to the eye.

I think if you had inserted a TGAU it would bring a tear to your eye.

P?S what Cricket? I must watch it