American questioned over parcels of baby parts, then released

Lite Beer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell? First of all, how can you get this? How can you export it? How can the other end import it?

Spotted a good business-idea??rolleyes.gif

Well something has to go on the customs paper.

Mummified human remains? I doubt the post office or dhl will take that. In which case someone has made an illegal customs paper.

Thai editorial at it's best. What a useless article devoid of little else than potential sensationalism.

So in your world it is considered "normal" to buy baby parts and send them to your homecountry??w00t.gif

Nice little present for mummy!!

is it not a crime?

Is it?

https://www.boneroom.com/welcome.aspx?c=1857&n=RealHumanSkulls

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/real-human-skull

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tanya-d-marsh/laws-permitting-human-remains_b_1769082.html

Not sure about laws in Thailand but doesn't seem to be any law against owning or shipping things like bones in America. Suspecting the body parts may have been stolen isn't a crime, they would need to know where they were stolen from to charge him with receiving stolen property.

HOWEVER .. this guys story is possibly a little skeptical since he doesn't remember the market he purchased them.

The boxes contained an infant skull, internal organs and a few pieces of human skin, police say. http://wtvr.com/2014/11/16/american-infant-body-parts/

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

US man probed over parcels containing human parts

The Nation November 17, 2014

30247904-01_big.jpg

Ryan Edward McPherson

Leaves for Cambodia, vows to return; says he found the parts in Bangkok and was sending them to "spook for fun"

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/777032-spook-for-fun-us-man-probed-in-bangkok-over-parcels-containing-human-parts/

Edited by webfact
new topic /Admin

naezpoI.jpg

efhR9PW.jpg

Today's Thai Daily News carries the story and posts a picture of his pasport page where he's identified as Ryan Edward Mcpherson, born on 04th July 1983.
Googling his details reveals his Wikipedia page where he's described as an "American film director, cameraman and producer...who first came into the public eye after the creation of Bumfights, a film series in which homeless men (most notably Rufus Hannah and Donnie Brennan) attempted amateur stunts in exchange for money, alcohol, and other incentives."
"The videos immediately gained criticism from mainstream organizations. The US-based National Coalition for the Homeless (NCH) has stated that the Bumfights videos disseminate hate against the homeless and dehumanize them.
All those involved in the creation of Bumfights were arrested for various charges after a friend of Rufus and Donnie persuaded them to sue. In 2003, McPherson was sentenced to 280 hours of community service at a homeless shelter. In 2006, the San Diego court system denied an appeal for a second time against jail time from Ryen, concerning an alleged probation violation."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryen_McPherson
Maybe he was going to use the body parts in his next film? LaPle2J.gif

Interview with Mcpherson:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6v6lm_bum-fights-creator-comes-clean-on-j_news

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUrMbdAGTqQ

Edited by katana

Two westerners held for sending mail boxes containing human parts

16-11-2557-16-41-42-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two westerners who tried to send three mail boxes containing human parts of an infant to the United States told police that they bought the human parts from a night market at the Memorial Bridge.

The two men whose identities were not disclosed were invited for interrogation by the police after an official of the DHL mail delivery service told police he received the three mail boxes from them. An X-ray of one of the three boxes however showed half of a skull of a baby so the three mail boxes were withtheld and the police were called in to investigate.

Pol Maj-Gen Chavalait Prasobsilp, commander of the 5th division of Metropolitan Police Bureau, said today that the two foreigners who were interrogated said that they could not remember where they exactly bought the human body parts claiming that it was their first time in Thailand.

He said that it was not known who the receiver of the three mail boxes was and what the human parts were meant for.

However, more people will have to be questioned, he said, adding that a meeting of officers concerned would be held tomorrow to discuss the case.

Meanwhile, the body of a nine-month old infant was found dumped in a garbage bin in Klong Toey market. The infant was believed to have died three days ago.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-westerners-held-sending-mail-boxes-containing-human-parts/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-11-16

Invited to an interrogation, how sweet.

Dear Fred Nerk

You are cordially invited to an interrogation to be held in your honour.

Dress Black Tie.

RSVP 22 Nov 2014.

Dear BIB thank you for your invitation however I am unable to attend as my sock drawer requires re arranging on that day.

"He bought the baby body parts in a night market in Chonburi, Thailand. Absolutely incredible. And there will be no follow up of this. They released him, probably because they know who the stalls are at the night market and the payoff is in. Otherwise they would have detained the American to have him lead them to the night market body part seller and set him up for a bust and perp walk. It appears from this news report that Thais aren't interested in tracking back and busting the night market vendor.

Pre-pedophila?

Only in Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Two westerners who tried to send three mail boxes containing human parts of an infant to the United States told police that they bought the human parts from a night market at the Memorial Bridge.

Only in Thailand???

blink.png

I like to pride myself on being unflappable...

This story makes my stomach queasy...

I pray there is no horror story concerning how the babies died and were dismembered...

Too awful to fully comprehend...

a lady friends dad died last week, i get the message "we burnt my dad yesterday" pics of the old man going up in flames- pics of mourners raking through the "firepit for his bones- pic of his bones in a bag, (she is going to bring them back and float down the river-) and is going to have his teeth made into a necklace, all distressing pics for me as a Falang, buy quite the norm here apparently. i text her and she has never been happier, just can't get my head round it.

The body parts of several babies have been found in a parcel destined for the United States, Thai police said Sunday.

A baby's head, several feet and "sheets of skin" -- including one taken from an adult and bearing a large tattoo -- were discovered Saturday after staff at a Bangkok parcel company scanned the package.

"They were not from one body but were in small pieces," Police Major General Chawalit Prasopsin told AFP on Sunday.

"They have been sent for forensic examination to confirm if they were from babies who died after delivery or in the womb," Chawalit said.

The parts were found preserved in containers filled with formaldehyde solution, leading Chawalit to speculate they could be for "a collection or for educational purposes".

Police said they are investigating but did not reveal further details of where the packaged was addressed to in the US.

Local media reported it was destined for an address in Las Vegas, Nevada.

In 2012 Thai police discovered six human foetuses which had been roasted and covered in gold leaf as part of an apparent black magic ritual.

The grisly discovery was made in the luggage of a British citizen of Taiwanese origin. They were due to be sent to Taiwan.

In Thai black magic rituals, also observed among some Chinese communities, preserved foetuses are believed to bring good fortune to the owner and are often kept in shrines within homes or businesses.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-11-16

Exactly the situation at my wifes family home. The family came to Thailand to escape the Chinese Civil War and at the center of the house is a shrine with a small miscarried male foetus. It belonged to one of wifeys grandmothers and is referred to by all the family as 'magic uncle'.

He is often asked to bring the family good luck.

And this is no more stupid than the billions of sheeple praying to their god......

Indeed - what or who ever that god or idol might be; or believing they know everything for sure.

The greatest trick of the devil is to make mankind believe he doesn't exist.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

This could be perfectly legal or criminal. There's a large legal market for body parts for medical research in the US. I'm surprised you Euros don't know anything about it, but that's why your countries lag in medicinal innovation. http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/the-billion-dollar-body-parts-industry-medical-research-alongside-greed-and-corruption-2/

Exactly like I said. If he didn't violate laws with regard to sourcing the body parts in Thailand, now he has to deal with declaring them for import with ICE. Perfectly normal business transaction. The TV armchair jockeys are put to shame once again.

This could be perfectly legal or criminal. There's a large legal market for body parts for medical research in the US. I'm surprised you Euros don't know anything about it, but that's why your countries lag in medicinal innovation. http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/the-billion-dollar-body-parts-industry-medical-research-alongside-greed-and-corruption-2/

I would have thought that if there was an international trade in body parts any couriers would have some form of official documents for governments & research institutions. You wouldn't just throw a few bits in with your dirty undies ?

Surely the export of body parts for religious purposes is banned, can't believe it