Conversation one on one lesson plans K3 and P1

SkyRider

I have to do some one on one lessons, 1 hour to 1.5 hours. Levels K3 and P1. The focus has to be mostly conversation. Perhaps one worksheet can be used. I'd want to use variety, a fun warmer that works well with one on one, a game or two, but mostly conversation.

Does anybody have any good lesson plans for this?

I hope that you're not kidding asking such a question. facepalm.gif

P.1's are usually very poor in English. Think about easy conversational stuff. Start with the ABC song as a warm-up. Please see:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75p-N9YKqNo

First check if the kids really understand you, then you can decide what you're teaching them. Have a few back-ups, just in case.....

Greetings- hello, hi, good morning- good afternoon- good evening, etc...then questions like "how are you?" with hopefully not the answer: "I'm fine thank you and you?" ( as they usually not know what they say)

Please check: busy teacher and boggles world.

I hope that you do know the difference between a lesson plan and a worksheet. Good luck.-facepalm.gif

P.1's are usually very poor in English. Think about easy conversational stuff. Start with the ABC song as a warm-up. Please see:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75p-N9YKqNo

First check if the kids really understand you, then you can decide what you're teaching them. Have a few back-ups, just in case.....

Greetings- hello, hi, good morning- good afternoon- good evening, etc...then questions like "how are you?" with hopefully not the answer: "I'm fine thank you and you?" ( as they usually not know what they say)

I hope that you do know the difference between a lesson plan and a worksheet. Good luck.-facepalm.gif

I am not kidding with this question. i already know these students and they are fairly advanced for K3 and P1. Yes, I know the difference between a lesson plan and a worksheet, I will incorporate a worksheet into the lesson.

I appreciate the greetings suggestion, I actually did greetings with the students I had yesterday, and agree that they don't realize that there is more then one way to say hello, other then "I'm fine thank you, and you?"

I did check busy teacher - I haven't found many ideas on the internet that focus mostly on conversation with one on one lessons.

I am not kidding with this question. i already know these students and they are fairly advanced for K3 and P1. Yes, I know the difference between a lesson plan and a worksheet, I will incorporate a worksheet into the lesson.

I appreciate the greetings suggestion, I actually did greetings with the students I had yesterday, and agree that they don't realize that there is more then one way to say hello, other then "I'm fine thank you, and you?"

I did check busy teacher - I haven't found many ideas on the internet that focus mostly on conversation with one on one lessons.

You can easily sign up for free at busy teacher and then download all their worksheets. If you download a file in PDF format, just use a program that converts PDF into MS office word, change it the way you want and you're good to go.

You could also cover body parts and colors at the same time. Please see attached example. Just focusing on conversational English could be pretty much boring for the kids. Try to find the right balance.

You can use this worksheet and continue with numbers, how many fingers, toes, etc...once they're more advanced add the Five Senses...Cheers.-facepalm.gif

body-parts.doc

Edited by lostinisaan

You can easily sign up for free at busy teacher and then download all their worksheets. If you download a file in PDF format, just use a program that converts PDF into MS office word, change it the way you want and you're good to go.

You could also cover body parts and colors at the same time. Please see attached example. Just focusing on conversational English could be pretty much boring for the kids. Try to find the right balance.

You can use this worksheet and continue with numbers, how many fingers, toes, etc...once they're more advanced add the Five Senses...Cheers.-facepalm.gif